Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Wass85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Gxp23 View Post
    Eating meat is not the reason they have such a high life expectancy perhaps? Maybe the rest of their diet which comprises mostly of fish, vegetables and grains will contribute towards it more.
    That's my point. The documentary claims that all animal protein is bad for you, the Japs eat mainly fish so I think it may be wrong as they live to a ripe old age.
    Last edited by Wass85; 11-10-2019 at 08:04 AM.

Southgeorge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by broganoff View Post
    Not all animals are raised that way. Beef cows actually spend the first 2/3s of their life at pasture, then go to feed lots towards the end of their lifecycle to fatten up. I am not sure about dairy cows. Or you can eat grass fed beef, which is arguably better for the planet than farming grains, legumes, vegetables, etc.

I've read that animals are actually better at processing toxins in the environment because they have advanced metabolic and digestive systems, whereas plants can act as bioaccumulators. Although if this is true, you are still better off choosing leaner proteins, because fat tissue could store these toxins. I haven't dug too deep into this, so I could be wrong.

Thanks to modern capitalism and higher consumer standards, it's relatively easy to source high quality animal proteins. If you value that and can afford it, of course.
    Yeah, see my issue is paying the huge price increase how do I know for sure it's grass fed and there's no corners being cut? You are basically admitting you think there's an issue with normal beef so why not go vegan?

Originally Posted by Wass85 View Post
    That's my point. The documentary claims that all animal protein is bad for you, the Japs eat mainly fish so I think it may be wrong as they live to a ripe old age.
    A lot of people are pescatarian. I've never seen an issue linked with fish. I'd imagine most athletes are because they can get their protein from it. One salmon filet can get me 30g of protein. Seems a lot lighter and easier to go down than 4 oz of chicken.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Comprehensive review/critique by Layne

10k+ words, 60+ references

https://www.biolayne.com/articles/re...ific-analysis/
    The power of carbs compels me!

broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000) broganoff is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Southgeorge View Post
    Yeah, see my issue is paying the huge price increase how do I know for sure it's grass fed and there's no corners being cut?
    Grass fed beef is visibly darker in color and leaner, which also speaks to its nutrient profile.

As for organic certification, whether grass fed or not, there are steep fines for falsifying certification records. Especially since the records that the 3rd party certifiers use is often the same paperwork filed with government agencies, which opens up the producer to criminal penalties as well if they are caught filing false information.

Not to say that there aren't cheaters out there, but they are most likely a small minority.

You are basically admitting you think there's an issue with normal beef so why not go vegan?
    Actually, no, that's not what I said. Besides, I don't want to. There are less healthy versions of everything, whether they be plants or animals. Plants may actually carry more toxins than animals because plants do not have the advanced metabolic/digestive systems that animals do.