boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100)

Plant-Based Diet personal observations

Greetings all,

I have a medical condition called Central Diabetes Insipidus. Basically, I don't retain water like normal people. Instead, my body wants to get rid of it so I take desmopressin to help with that, but, my body doesn't use the water ideally. About 1-2 years ago, I began feeling more and more tired and was function off of 5-10 cups of coffee in the morning and 1-3 energy drinks throughout the day (Bang, Beyond Raw Lit, Sugar Free Red Bull, etc) and this was just to feel like I had the energy to do whatever I needed to get done.

When I described what was going on to my doc, she said it was chronic fatigue and this is a side symptom of CDI and to just get used to it. If you have ever had CF, you would know that you don't want to get used to it.

After watching The Game Changers, I found myself challenged with notions I had a long time ago and found myself asking, "Why do I believe what I believe in regards to nutrition? Someone told me to without letting me challenge it."

I switched to a plant based diet. I am clumsy in doing so as I don't know how to cook this way very well but am learning. A week ago on Sunday and yesterday, I had some meat, but have been almost exclusively vegetables.

Observations:

I have more energy during the day. A lot more. The Monday after I started, even though I was dehydrated and had to make a hospital trip on Saturday (week ago), I felt really good! Not the kind of good where I could go to the gym without being winded pretty quick, but enough to do 60 air squats and go about the day.

I had one energy drink last Friday. I had 2 hours of sleep and couldn't fall back asleep so I took a nap around 10 AM - 12:45 PM and got an energy drink (Xyience). I went to bed rather early that night and got 10 hours of sleep.

Last Sunday, during my visit with my sons, we ran around and played tag for a while. I had 2 cups of coffee at church. Usually, I am exhausted before I get there and get a C4 or something (or I'll even take a preworkout!) so that I can try to run around a little bit before I want to sit down and rest. Yesterday, I ran around without getting tired. During this time, I noticed that I wasn't tired and I felt like I had energy to spare.

I am naturally very skeptical about hearing new things. I decided to try this since there was a shot that I could beat chronic fatigue. So far, I have. I am impressed.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by boydwgrossii View Post
    After watching The Game Changers, I found myself challenged with notions I had a long time ago and found myself asking, "Why do I believe what I believe in regards to nutrition? Someone told me to without letting me challenge it."
    Just a heads up: the movie is full of typical vegan cherry picking. Here's a decent fact check: https://www.menshealth.com/nutrition...ie-fact-check/
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    these game changers threads are getting annoying....

OP, that documentary came out like 2 weeks ago.... ever heard of placebo?
    The power of carbs compels me!

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    these game changers threads are getting annoying....
    It's ALMOST like there's an orchestrated effort to pump this "documentary" or something. ;-)

I'll bet other fitness/diet web sites are getting hit with these "endorsements" as well.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    It's ALMOST like there's an orchestrated effort to pump this "documentary" or something. ;-)

I'll bet other fitness/diet web sites are getting hit with these "endorsements" as well.
    It's all just about $$$

Kind of sad people play with everyone's minds like this.... I'll always remain a skeptic when someone puts out these kinds of 'documentaries'.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Happens every time a new netflix documentary comes out. Should stop hearing about this one just in time for the next one.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    We should have a Game Changers thread; I need to watch it just because it's becoming popular.

Regarding central diabetes insipidus; if you were hospitalized for dehydration I imagine you were significantly hypernatremic and hyperosmolar. Perhaps with the hospitalization you got on a better ddAVP regimen, allowing better control of serum sodium and osmolarity, and thus you feel better all around? that would help very quickly.

Typically relying on a lot of caffeine and then having poor sleep leads to terrible energy levels. You may be better off giving up all of the energy drinks/caffeine, trying to get on a consistent sleep schedule (which may be hard without an optimal ddAVP regimen as you'll be waking up a lot to urinate and drink), and then seeing where this takes you.

Any real changes experienced from switching from meat to plant based food intake will take longer than a week to see really significant effects unless you were drastically deficient in some vitamins/minerals/phytonutrients (which is quite unlikely unless you had a very restricted diet) or if you have a mild urea cycle defect or other inborn error of metabolism that causes issues with protein intake (assuming you are eating less protein now with the plant based diet).

Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    We should have a Game Changers thread; I need to watch it just because it's becoming popular.

Regarding central diabetes insipidus; if you were hospitalized for dehydration I imagine you were significantly hypernatremic and hyperosmolar. Perhaps with the hospitalization you got on a better ddAVP regimen, allowing better control of serum sodium and osmolarity, and thus you feel better all around? that would help very quickly.

Typically relying on a lot of caffeine and then having poor sleep leads to terrible energy levels. You may be better off giving up all of the energy drinks/caffeine, trying to get on a consistent sleep schedule (which may be hard without an optimal ddAVP regimen as you'll be waking up a lot to urinate and drink), and then seeing where this takes you.

Any real changes experienced from switching from meat to plant based food intake will take longer than a week to see really significant effects unless you were drastically deficient in some vitamins/minerals/phytonutrients (which is quite unlikely unless you had a very restricted diet) or if you have a mild urea cycle defect or other inborn error of metabolism that causes issues with protein intake (assuming you are eating less protein now with the plant based diet).
    If you watch it, just know you'll never get the time back

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    We should have a Game Changers thread
    Good idea. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=177708501

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    After watching The Game Changers,
    Let me guess, you could last 1hr + on battle ropes in the gym?

boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100) boydwgrossii is not very well liked. (-100)
    Naturally, I am very skeptical and so I look at the data and see what I can, but, ultimately, until I try something, I cannot know how it affects me.
    I wouldn't go so far as saying I can go from nothing to lasting an hour on ropes. Not likely a placebo. If that were the case, something of the various things I have tried over the past 2 years would have worked.

Mrpb: I figured there was a lot of cherry-picking. My primary concern was the addressing of chronic fatigue. I find that when studying something, it is impossible to find an unbiased data. Everyone has a worldview shaped by belief that they carry to just about every aspect of life. I appreciate your effort to give me some more data to study. I look forward to looking it over. I am still doing research as there is little to nothing in regards to central diabetes insipidus and chronic fatigue. In my studies of CF, people can't say, "This specifically causes CF" but the researchers do say that it "seems" to be in relation to x, y, and Z. That's about all I get to run with at this point. I'm just tired of relying on energy drinks just to feel functional.

With you guys who have used your skepticism as aggression or to taunt me, I am curious if you would take a test for me. I am not able to post a link yet, so, lookup "Are You A Good Person?" by Living Waters.

I would like to visit with you over Skype. Anyone can type anything from behind a keyboard, but I prefer one-on-one conversations in the most personable medium I can find. Seeing as how none of you are likely around here, I can't just meet for a macchiato.

Mrpb: I figured there was a lot of cherry-picking. My primary concern was the addressing of chronic fatigue. I find that when studying something, it is impossible to find an unbiased data. Everyone has a worldview shaped by belief that they carry to just about every aspect of life. I appreciate your effort to give me some more data to study. I look forward to looking it over. I am still doing research as there is little to nothing in regards to central diabetes insipidus and chronic fatigue. In my studies of CF, people can't say, "This specifically causes CF" but the researchers do say that it "seems" to be in relation to x, y, and Z. That's about all I get to run with at this point. I'm just tired of relying on energy drinks just to feel functional.
    Long story short: eating lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes is definitely very healthy and probably the reason why you feel good.

Poultry, fish and dairy however have also been linked to many health benefits. So avoiding them is unlikely to do you any good, unless you have an intolerance.

Red meat is a bit more difficult to say. Processed red meat is not healthy, going by the available evidence.

So before you go all vegan I suggest to try a plant based diet with poultry, fish and dairy.

If you want to contact me personally send me a private message first please.

Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Acal83 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    Long story short: eating lots of vegetables, fruits, whole grains, nuts, seeds, legumes is definitely very healthy and probably the reason why you feel good.

Poultry, fish and dairy however have also been linked to many health benefits. So avoiding them is unlikely to do you any good, unless you have an intolerance.

Red meat is a bit more difficult to say. Processed red meat is not healthy, going by the available evidence.

So before you go all vegan I suggest to try a plant based diet with poultry, fish and dairy.

If you want to contact me personally send me a private message first please.
    Great post. As that Men's Health article said, these documentaries always pose a false binary: either you go vegan or you eat hot dogs and new york strips and die at 40. Obviously eating more fruit and vegetables will benefit anyone but I think it's foolish to completely eschew meat if you are trying to gain muscle/strength. Not to mention meat is delicious.

The breakdown of this documentary goes about how most vegan arguments I've seen. Take a dubiously conducted/old study with a small sample size and bet that the layperson won't notice and take your word as gospel. Reminds me of VeganGains on youtube. Brb 2 second NCBI study from 1985 flashed across the screen.

Originally Posted by Acal83 View Post
    Great post. As that Men's Health article said, these documentaries always pose a false binary: either you go vegan or you eat hot dogs and new york strips and die at 40. Obviously eating more fruit and vegetables will benefit anyone but I think it's foolish to completely eschew meat if you are trying to gain muscle/strength. Not to mention meat is delicious.

The breakdown of this documentary goes about how most vegan arguments I've seen. Take a dubiously conducted/old study with a small sample size and bet that the layperson won't notice and take your word as gospel. Reminds me of VeganGains on youtube. Brb 2 second NCBI study from 1985 flashed across the screen.
    An observation I have had is that I have had a lot of protein sources come from meat, meat, meat, cheese, milk. I didn't eat much veggies and have increased my veggie intake. I also eat much larger portion size for meat.

Side note: I did a job I didn't expect to do well yesterday. Irrigation is fun work, but demanding and hard. I didn't get tired. Usually, I drink a Bang or C4 before I get back from lunch, one during the afternoon (3ish) and one after just to have some energy to finish the day. Yesterday, I had coffee and went to work and made some side money and felt great.

I'm still in the study/observation phase of this. I'm not eating enough fruits. I need to add more of those. I found that I like grapefruit (when you eat it right...eating it like an orange tastes nasty).