Reply
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Registered User Afo3's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Age: 37
    Posts: 68
    Rep Power: 60
    Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Afo3 is offline

    Hack Squats - EliteFTS vs. Watson vs. Atlantis

    I'm in the market for a hack squat and I think I've narrowed it down to these three brands.

    I really like the adjustable angle (30-70 degrees) and adjustable foot plate on the Watson one, however, the carriage is insanely heavy and the safety hooks are at an awkwardly high or low height for me (there are two sets) which is slightly annoying. Shipping from the UK is also a pain point although I do plan to order a Watson Animal Row anyhow, so perhaps one more unit wouldn't be that bad.

    I spent some time on the EliteFTS one at Saiyan and was really impressed by it - nice padding, good mechanics for me with the safety height etc. However, it is absolutely massive.

    I've never actually found an Atlantis one but am thinking about making a trip up to Montreal but I'm not sure what advantage it would have over the EliteFTS one I've already tried other than maybe being a bit small.

    Clearly right now I'm inclined to go with EliteFTS - any counter points? If I do go with EliteFTS, I'm thinking of ordering their Power Squat in the same order so same question on that unit and curious on the groups thoughts whether it is worth having both a hack and a power squat in <2K square foot space.
    Current 1 car garage setup...

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeqVQRel9Uk/?taken-by=clmb511
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Registered User smokinHawk's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Posts: 1,834
    Rep Power: 11217
    smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) smokinHawk is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    smokinHawk is offline
    Originally Posted by Afo3 View Post
    I'm in the market for a hack squat and I think I've narrowed it down to these three brands.

    I really like the adjustable angle (30-70 degrees) and adjustable foot plate on the Watson one, however, the carriage is insanely heavy and the safety hooks are at an awkwardly high or low height for me (there are two sets) which is slightly annoying. Shipping from the UK is also a pain point although I do plan to order a Watson Animal Row anyhow, so perhaps one more unit wouldn't be that bad.

    I spent some time on the EliteFTS one at Saiyan and was really impressed by it - nice padding, good mechanics for me with the safety height etc. However, it is absolutely massive.

    I've never actually found an Atlantis one but am thinking about making a trip up to Montreal but I'm not sure what advantage it would have over the EliteFTS one I've already tried other than maybe being a bit small.

    Clearly right now I'm inclined to go with EliteFTS - any counter points? If I do go with EliteFTS, I'm thinking of ordering their Power Squat in the same order so same question on that unit and curious on the groups thoughts whether it is worth having both a hack and a power squat in <2K square foot space.
    I have the arsenal strength (nebula) haack squat. I bought it then later tried the elitefts one. I lined the elitefts one better. The large foot plate is nice, I end up wanting to go wider or further up on my current. Plus easy hook up for bands. Only problem would be fitting it in my space as its already cramped.
    I plan to modify the foot plate on my arsenal one.
    If you can fit it in your space get the elitefts
    Best Raw total 1850 at 181 lbs
    best comp raw lifts @ 181
    squat 710
    bench 500
    deadlift 670
    "Lightest man to bench 500 raw in a full meet"
    my you tube channel of my training http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkt7CVJ7443k6Vu_1DwP3UA
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #9 ||---||
    ()---() York Barbell Club #81 ()---()
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #81 []---[]
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User Afo3's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Age: 37
    Posts: 68
    Rep Power: 60
    Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Afo3 is offline
    Thanks, Jonathan! It will come at the expense of something else (probably some future Panatta gear) but appreciate the confirmation on the EliteFTS one.

    Your gym is totally an inspiration. As we finalize our next house, we are deciding between a few places with 1200-1600 square feet of garage space so its been very helpful to see what you've done in your setups.

    Originally Posted by smokinHawk View Post
    I have the arsenal strength (nebula) haack squat. I bought it then later tried the elitefts one. I lined the elitefts one better. The large foot plate is nice, I end up wanting to go wider or further up on my current. Plus easy hook up for bands. Only problem would be fitting it in my space as its already cramped.
    I plan to modify the foot plate on my arsenal one.
    If you can fit it in your space get the elitefts
    Current 1 car garage setup...

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeqVQRel9Uk/?taken-by=clmb511
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User nnclark11's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Posts: 118
    Rep Power: 796
    nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) nnclark11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    nnclark11 is offline
    All great looking pieces. I have been intrigued by the Watson hack for a while and would love to find someone who has used to get their take. Atlantis footplate just looks small though the 30 degree angle is a much better angle than most hack squats.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Registered User Afo3's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Age: 37
    Posts: 68
    Rep Power: 60
    Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Afo3 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Afo3 is offline
    Why is a 30 degree angle better? Sorry for the dumb question but I'm more a recovering crossfitter than being deeply knowledgeable about machines.

    If so, that seems to favor the Watson some too since it can get to that angle. I thought it was fairly nice in my two sessions with it (once at Watson, once at Saiyan) but Saiyan had the EliteFTS side by side and I felt the padding had a much nicer feel and the oversized foot plate was nice. However, the sled was insanely heavy which I thought might be a downside if I ever wanted it for commercial use with general population and the safety catches were all at just the wrong heights for me (granted I'm quite short).


    Originally Posted by nnclark11 View Post
    All great looking pieces. I have been intrigued by the Watson hack for a while and would love to find someone who has used to get their take. Atlantis footplate just looks small though the 30 degree angle is a much better angle than most hack squats.
    Current 1 car garage setup...

    https://www.instagram.com/p/BeqVQRel9Uk/?taken-by=clmb511
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts