shwinyo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Using YouTube and IG to rehab injuries?

Hello! My name is Ashwin, I'm a journalist writing about the online resources available for physical therapy, such as YouTube and Instagram. I've seen that many people use these resources to rehab injuries, especially when they cannot afford or access a physical therapist in-person. I myself have done this after losing my insurance and needing to continue rehab for a SLAP tear which required a pretty intense surgery.

I'd like to understand what lifters on here think about self-guided rehab through these channels, and if any of you have experience with this firsthand.

If you're interested in chatting, I'd love to hear more about it. You can also get in touch via private message.

BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ashwin - You get yourself a HBB 10/10 to give you regular massages with happy endings.

- Eliminates muscle soreness/Helps recovery allowing blood to the particular areas to enable fresh blood around the area to encourage recovery.
    - You get a HBB touching you.
    - You getta bust a nut.

So basically. Just get yoself a HBB to rub you down daily & no matter what the injury is will be fixed.

I'll take my commission % via Paypal.

thx
    - Cutz 4 Sloots
    - Virg 4 Lyf Crew

*MMA - Kickboxing*
    *Rugby Crew* - Outside Centre

Would this work for a dislocated shoulder?

BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000) BulkingAkaFAT is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by shwinyo View Post
    Would this work for a dislocated shoulder?
    Nah MAHN....

But a Foooked shoulder. That i can help with.

- Shoulder injury. Honestly - You're straight FOOKED.

Surgery 9/10 times is the only answer depending on the direct injury.
    Myself (Threw a straight jab - Someone pulled a heavy bag away from me & i slipped and overreached. Dislocation of shoulder & tear in the rotator cuff.

This was 3 years ago. I can't train Shoulders or Chest without pain in my shoulder - Burning sensation pain.
    I rejected the surgery (Keyhole) because i didn't want an 8 month return to the gym & lifting.

But for me - It was simply rest & some deep tissue massages of the areas followed by numerous physio sessions. Done nothing.

I have the least pain when im lifting consistently & allowing muscles to build around the injuries.

(Sounds weird) - BUT. It works - Consistently training & building the muscles up around it.
    - Cutz 4 Sloots
    - Virg 4 Lyf Crew

*MMA - Kickboxing*

I actually had to get a SLAP tear repair surgery for a pretty gnarly tear. Was more than 8 months off from the gym (and soccer field), but I think it would've kept dislocating if I didn't get it fixed.

Originally Posted by shwinyo View Post
    I actually had to get a SLAP tear repair surgery for a pretty gnarly tear. Was more than 8 months off from the gym (and soccer field), but I think it would've kept dislocating if I didn't get it fixed.
    Correct it probably would of....

I dislocated mine 3 times last year.

Twice playing Rugby.
    Once training MMA (Own fault - But it give in a lot earlier than it should have)

So right choice in getting surgery - Because i regret it often not getting surgery.
    Now it's just lightwork rebuilding muscle groups around the injury - start off with resistance bands & slowly work your way up to weights from there.
    - Cutz 4 Sloots
    - Virg 4 Lyf Crew

*MMA - Kickboxing*

Ahh.. sorry to hear that! hope yr shoulder has gotten more stable since then. are you looking online for any of your shoulder workouts/rehab exercises?