bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bigcat3655 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Kinesiology tape

Anyone use kinesiology tape? My physical therapist suggested it as I start working out again in the later stages of shoulder surgery recovery but it sounds like hocus pocus to me. Apparently it's pretty rough to take off so before I say yes or no, I would like y'all's opinions on it. Anyone had it work or is it bogus?

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mostly crap https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23306413

Every few years, you'll see a new miracle cure come and go - KT tape, cupping, etc.
    Garage Gym Owner

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's at least as effective as homeopathic medicine.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew ^^^^^^^
    ------------- No Vax Crew ----------------

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by bigcat3655 View Post
    Anyone use kinesiology tape? My physical therapist suggested it as I start working out again in the later stages of shoulder surgery recovery but it sounds like hocus pocus to me. Apparently it's pretty rough to take off so before I say yes or no, I would like y'all's opinions on it. Anyone had it work or is it bogus?
    I have used it, serves its helping purpose after a surgery i had on my hand. Its not that bad to take off but it depends on how much you need and where its used. But it needs to be put on in a certain way.
    Last edited by ripper238; 11-03-2019 at 07:10 AM.

nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000) nitefeatherz is just really nice. (+1000)
    My physical therapist recommended it to me when I was in a lot of knee pain from patellofemoral syndrome. I noticed a massive difference as soon as I put it on. It definitely isn't all in my head; my patella was moving around beforehand and when the tape is on it reduces the pain quite a bit and makes it a lot more manageable.

Depending on what brand of kinesiology tape you get it is easier or harder to get off. I never have a problem. I do have the opposite issue though; I am active enough that when I wear it under my scrub pants at work it doesn't always stay. I have gotten types as well that bragged about being "waterproof" that weren't. So I don't know that I would wear it swimming.

But as an alternative to surgery that would put me out of work for six months? I'll take the tape!
    "We gain strength, and courage, and confidence by each experience in which we really stop to look fear in the face... we must do that which we think we cannot." Eleanor Roosevelt

USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50) USATANK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    but it sounds like hocus pocus to me.
    Hocus pocus and bogus in my opinion. IMO it may help you stay more mindful about an injured bodypart -- but its not going to offer any real benefit outside placebo in my opinion.
    Powerlifter - 700/570/700 Raw in sleeves / belt -- 503.47 Wilks. 3x NQ NPC SHW Bodybuilder.

jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jamalfudge has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It helped when I was recovering from meniscus surgery. But didn't really help with calf support when I had some calf strain. Hit or miss. I wouldn't worry about it being hard to take off though.
    #sunyourballs
    Unvaxed sperm is the next Bitcoin
    ⒻⓊⒸⓀ ⒷⒾⒹⒺⓃ

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by USATANK View Post
    Hocus pocus and bogus in my opinion. IMO it may help you stay more mindful about an injured bodypart -- but its not going to offer any real benefit outside placebo in my opinion.
    Personally as a patient, I've experienced a lot of quackery in PT, the goal of PT is to get patients moving again, if a placebo gets that goal then they will use it, even if its deceptive or unethical.

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Bulkmore prefers sticking a couple crystals in his pocket when he's working out or playing frisbee golf. He's never tried the tape since the rare earth minerals work soooooo well for him.

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It may or may not work for you. There is a lot of hype about it but it can be useful - go ahead and try. You will probably have problems with it staying on unless you prep the surface properly (apply before you start working out, shave the area if needed, wipe down with isopropyl alcohol, apply Cramer tape base if needed, then apply tape). It comes off fairly easily and the residue isn't too hard to get rid of. I like using RockTape or Kinesio brand tape. KT Tape tends not to last although it is readily available.

Kinesio tape isn't a substitute for surgery, or restrictive athletic taping. If you need to tape your ankles or wrists for football, Kinesio taping isn't a substitute. What it can be useful for is in easing pain, generally as a result of swelling, and generally for minor strains. On me, it works very well when I have tendon issues with my hands. It makes the difference between playing and not play violin or octave mandolin. I also found it to help my throwing shoulder when I was throwing batting practice to my son's travel baseball teams. Also, making some back and HS issues more comfortable with it on than with it off.
    My son found it useful when playing baseball tournaments in support of his oblique's and lower back. He would catch, pitch, play first base and outfield, as well as being expected to drive in runs. Playing a weekend of multiple double headers he would often get tightening in his oblique's and have to stop. With Kinesio taping he would be able to make it through: real effect or placebo? don't know, don't really care. He also found it useful for taping the lower back to help him get through two a day football practices. He now uses ice baths to provide the same relief. Edema taping is another area where it can provide relief. He's had a couple of instances of massive bruising from dropping weights on his body, kinesio taping helped with that. Kinesio taping has it's place. It works for many, doesn't work at all for others. For those it does work for it won't work for everything but it's easy to apply, fairly cheap, and something to try. If it works, great, if not, try something else. It's a tool and that's all it is

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    it does nothing, disappointing how many people in this thread are acting like it's a debate

https://thelogicofrehab.com/2016/10/...-fix-anything/
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee