Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) havoc00 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I had it pre ordered, cancelled after reviews and some youtube gameplay. Redboxed it for the phuck of it, really enjoyed it will be buying.
    Trump 2024

Fake Teds Crew

40oz crew

Resident Rocker ChristmasFnatic's Avatar
    ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ChristmasFnatic has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AD117 View Post
    Honestly, it's not the kind of game I'd recommend to the majority. It feels super niche. Remember back when MGSV released a lot of people liked it but criticized it because they felt like it was the same gameplay loop of infiltrating a compound, fultoning some nameless soldier, and stealthing out over and over again? This is similar except the gameplay loop is the deliveries. In MGSV, a lot of the fun came from figuring out how you wanted to tackle the compound with a lot of choice in a sandbox. This is the same except it's all about how you want to tackle the delivery. If you want an explanation, I put it in spoilers below. No actual story spoilers, just gameplay spoilers (vehicles, gear, stats management and whatnot). That said, IMO don't read it. It's been kind of fun finding certain pieces of gear I didn't know were in the game and using them to make deliveries easier/quicker.

Spoiler!

TL;DR
    What I'm trying to get at is, a lot of the fun comes from the choice in traversal like how a lot of the fun in MGS comes from the choice in infiltration. Thing is, you have to enjoy the initial delivery gameplay loop first which is why I think it's niche. It's kind of a risky buy, so I'd probably recommend most just wait until it's cheap. If you are into the loop though (like I am), chit is addicting af.

EDIT: Better yet, rent it to try it out first. My only tip is to make sure you get through at least chapter 3. Straight up sprint through 2 ASAP to get to 3 and then come back for all the side deliveries.
    Thanks man. Will buy it. I love MGS and though V isnt as good as 3(and I even enjoyed Peace Walker more), like you said, I enjoyed how you get to approach each objective according to how you want. And my favorite game of all time(Baldur's Gate 2) is incredibly niche anyway, so why not?
    CHRISTMAS Forever Crew
    Rock N' Roll Crew
    Long Hair Crew
    Blue Belt BJJ Crew
    Running Crew
    Brazilian in Philippines Crew

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Honestly, it's not the kind of game I'd recommend to the majority. It feels super niche. Remember back when MGSV released a lot of people liked it but criticized it because they felt like it was the same gameplay loop of infiltrating a compound, fultoning some nameless soldier, and stealthing out over and over again? This is similar except the gameplay loop is the deliveries. In MGSV, a lot of the fun came from figuring out how you wanted to tackle the compound with a lot of choice in a sandbox. This is the same except it's all about how you want to tackle the delivery. If you want an explanation, I put it in spoilers below. No actual story spoilers, just gameplay spoilers (vehicles, gear, stats management and whatnot). That said, IMO don't read it. It's been kind of fun finding certain pieces of gear I didn't know were in the game and using them to make deliveries easier/quicker.

Spoiler!

TL;DR
    What I'm trying to get at is, a lot of the fun comes from the choice in traversal like how a lot of the fun in MGS comes from the choice in infiltration. Thing is, you have to enjoy the initial delivery gameplay loop first which is why I think it's niche. It's kind of a risky buy, so I'd probably recommend most just wait until it's cheap. If you are into the loop though (like I am), chit is addicting af.

EDIT: Better yet, rent it to try it out first. My only tip is to make sure you get through at least chapter 3. Straight up sprint through 2 ASAP to get to 3 and then come back for all the side deliveries.
    great detail on the gameplay experience, better than any reviews I saw srs. MAYBE at some point when its cheap and I have nothing to play I'll check it out

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Spoiler!

TL;DR

Really good description. I remember hearing an interview with Kojima where he basically said before he made MGS nobody really knew what a stealth game was, it wasn't a thing, now it is.... this stranding delivery gameplay could end up the same thing. I think the big issues with a new type of game is not just the fact some people will be turned off by it but many people simply don't have the patience to learn and adapt into something new when it comes to video games, they want to turn on their console and get into something familiar.

jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jeshelton has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    Really good description. I remember hearing an interview with Kojima where he basically said before he made MGS nobody really knew what a stealth game was, it wasn't a thing, now it is.... this stranding delivery gameplay could end up the same thing. I think the big issues with a new type of game is not just the fact some people will be turned off by it but many people simply don't have the patience to learn and adapt into something new when it comes to video games, they want to turn on their console and get into something familiar.
    This was kind of how I handled a lot of MGSV, blow up/shoot everything to get tasks done. Then it got fun slowing down, trying to do things without weapons. Huge replay value over a simple shooter, while almost completely lacking an online experience.
    445/340/545

MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000) MiniManletBrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sgt T-Man View Post
    Yep all the MGS games are total crap. Some of the worst games I have ever played.
    You take that back or you shut your whore mouth!!!!

TBF though MGS 4&5 were dogchit

MGS 1-3 are some of the greatest stories ever told

AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AD117 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey, sorry for my late response (exams). Don't let my impression if it be the sole reason you decide to buy. I was serious when I said it's niche and I wouldn't recommend it to most. That's not hipster bs where "niche" means the only thing that separates those who love it and those who hate it is difficulty or a bit of reading. It's niche beyond games like Dark Souls (and dope @ss cRPGs like Baldur's Gate or Divinity: Original Sin 2). The delivery really is the entire point. If you see yourself getting annoyed/bored with the stretches of traveling around (regardless of the choice in method or route), legit put it off until a sale. A 9/10 for me will be a 6/10 for you. The story and characters (especially the villains and GOAT Heartman) are fantastic, but that won't make up for the artsy chit or focus on traversal for you if you don't initially enjoy it.

That said, the longest deliveries I've had maxed out at around 25-30 minutes so far. Thats rare. The all-together average is closer to 8-10 min and there is a ton of story content, cutscenes, and action (cutscenes/story/mules/bosses/BT sections) to break it up. It doesn't force you to grind out side-deliveries to progress the main story. You only need to progress the main deliveries. The side deliveries serve to give to gear/cosmetic upgrades (which are cool, frequent, and/or useful in their own right, but nothing necessary). Going through main story alone, I hear it takes around 40 hours with solid flow throughout. I'm at 30 hours, but that is with some side content and some building around the map (a solid mix of both that stuff and main missions). I'm on chapter 8 (I think I've heard there's closer to or surpassing 20 chapters).

If yall have any questions, feel free to ask

Originally Posted by Sgt T-Man View Post
    Yep all the MGS games are total crap. Some of the worst games I have ever played.
    Last edited by AD117; 11-16-2019 at 08:31 AM.

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

LoL

bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bartosh has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

LoL
    Man's a genius. Also looks absolutely nothing like i thought he'd look like
    MS, Computer Science
    Feel free to PM me CS questions

colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500) colormeconfused is not very helpful. (-500)

LoL
    LOL this game looks terrible tbh.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I watched some game play on YouTube. Idk man I don't want to be a hater cause I like mgs... But this game legit looks awful. I really don't think I've ever seen such boring game play
    Sometimes I park in handicap spaces, while handicap people make handicap faces

Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Phantom Pain guaranteed I wouldn't buy Death Stranding unless it got amazing reviews from sources I trust. Had MGS4 been the last MGS game before Kojima split from Konami I probably would have pre-ordered Death Stranding day1.

And so far the game looks like straight trash, so I'm glad for that. Think I'll just watch the cutscene/movie version on youtube because the gameplay looks absolutely abysmal.

Kojima lost his touch, and tries way to hard to achieve some meta narrative that no one asked for. Just stfu and tell cool stories again.
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Eats Pizza Crust Crew*
    *Eats the Booty Crew*
    *HTC Certified*
    *Rawdog Crew* *Vasectomy Crew*
    *From Fat to Dad Bod, still trying to improve Crew*
    *Always Picks 4 Crew*

Fukin mall cop neg police of piss

krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krs128 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    my friend tried to explain the gameplay to me and it sounded like Human Jenga

E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) E-Go has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

LoL
    thats pretty funny. I remember watching his ME review as well, pretty good. The untitled goose game review was pretty good too.

Originally Posted by krs128 View Post
    my friend tried to explain the gameplay to me and it sounded like Human Jenga
    I read the story on wiki, cuz I wasnt getting it anyway. Its so convoluted (dont really expect anything less though from Hideo) and stupid.
    PSN E-Go

Hold The Line
    Love Isn't Always On Time.

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Death Stranding reminds me of one of those modern art pieces at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art where some douchebag has just put a white piece of paper on the ground or a cardboard box and then a bunch of pretentious hipsters all stand around it and discuss how artistic it is.

BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBallsMcgee has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kr1kit View Post
    Death Stranding reminds me of one of those modern art pieces at The Los Angeles County Museum of Art where some douchebag has just put a white piece of paper on the ground or a cardboard box and then a bunch of pretentious hipsters all stand around it and discuss how artistic it is.
    I see a lot of people saying the game is great. just dont know what to believe. It sounds like it wouldnt be fun at all but all these people saying its goat