Thread: Squatting help.

Ryrob95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squatting help.

Hello. Recently I’ve been stuck on my squat and it doesn’t really seem to be improving. I go bellow parallel, have good form in seems but I don’t seem to be able to increase my weight. For instance, I do 10 reps at 225 every week and about 3-5 of 275, but after that it’s about nothing maybe 1 rep at 295. I don’t know what I can change if I always go below parallel and keep good form.

What are something you peoples do to get better?

ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000) ECGordyn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Ryrob95 View Post
    Hello. Recently I’ve been stuck on my squat and it doesn’t really seem to be improving. I go bellow parallel, have good form in seems but I don’t seem to be able to increase my weight. For instance, I do 10 reps at 225 every week and about 3-5 of 275, but after that it’s about nothing maybe 1 rep at 295. I don’t know what I can change if I always go below parallel and keep good form.

What are something you peoples do to get better?
    Are you asking about your squat form or your programming? If form, post a video of your squat for 3-5 reps. If programming, check the stickies in the program section.

You need progressive overload to get stronger. So, you should be adding weight every workout or every week depending on your program.

Next time, try 230 x 10 and 280 for 3-5.
    Currently running a PHLU template:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1587578081&viewfull=1#post1587578081

Burger bulk crew
    Squats in socks crew
    Straps crew
    I do what the f* I wanna do crew

Ryrob95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ECGordyn View Post
    Are you asking about your squat form or your programming? If form, post a video of your squat for 3-5 reps. If programming, check the stickies in the program section.

You need progressive overload to get stronger. So, you should be adding weight every workout or every week depending on your program.

Next time, try 230 x 10 and 280 for 3-5.
    How can I post a video?

BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Post a video on youtube, and post the link here. You will have to add some spaces to the link to be allowed to post it.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000) TolerantLactose is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ryrob95 View Post
    For instance, I do 10 reps at 225 every week
    For squats, I definitely wouldn't do 10 rep sets every week. They have a place in a program but not that frequently.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.