Pontiff is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Super tight biceps

Hey guys,

i am training for 6 years now and this is my first post on this forum.
    Recently both of my bicepses feel SUPER tight. Like to the point i cant train any other muscle without my biceps aching, even though its a bit worse in the left one.

About 2 weeks ago i decided to add standing one-arm cable curls to my exercise list (the one where you face away from the cable, in order to target the long head of your biceps). During the exercise i got an extreme pump and a feeling of my biceps actually cramping a bit, but i didnt think much about it at first. I continued to do the exercise for my next few bicep workouts.

Fast forward and my biceps ache permanently, albeit the pain being low intensity. It feels like there is a super small electric current going through my biceps at all times.

No matter what i do, Push-Ups, Lateral Raises, Reverse Butterflies or even direct triceps work. As long as there is some arm involvement i always feel the biceps aching and getting tense, and im getting super worried about it.
    I tried some direct biceps work yesterday, but even after one set i get that stingy pain. The fear of an advanced injury paralyses me so much to the point i cant complete my workouts.

Should i just wait a few days or contact my doc immediately?

Edit: My stats:
    Height: 5'7
    BW: 190lbs (about 20% bf)
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 400
    OHP: 225
    Deadlift: I dont deadlift.

superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Pontiff View Post
    Hey guys,

i am training for 6 years now and this is my first post on this forum.
    Recently both of my bicepses feel SUPER tight. Like to the point i cant train any other muscle without my biceps aching, even though its a bit worse in the left one.

About 2 weeks ago i decided to add standing one-arm cable curls to my exercise list (the one where you face away from the cable, in order to target the long head of your biceps). During the exercise i got an extreme pump and a feeling of my biceps actually cramping a bit, but i didnt think much about it at first. I continued to do the exercise for my next few bicep workouts.

Fast forward and my biceps ache permanently, albeit the pain being low intensity. It feels like there is a super small electric current going through my biceps at all times.

No matter what i do, Push-Ups, Lateral Raises, Reverse Butterflies or even direct triceps work. As long as there is some arm involvement i always feel the biceps aching and getting tense, and im getting super worried about it.
    I tried some direct biceps work yesterday, but even after one set i get that stingy pain. The fear of an advanced injury paralyses me so much to the point i cant complete my workouts.

Should i just wait a few days or contact my doc immediately?

Edit: My stats:
    Height: 5'7
    BW: 190lbs (about 20% bf)
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 400
    OHP: 225
    Deadlift: I dont deadlift.
    I'm not reading a book

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Definitely give it a few days off. No need to see a doctor immediately if it isn't worsening. The worrisome findings that would necessitate seeing a doctor immediately include:
    - progressing numbness/tingling of the forearm/arms
    - diminished or lost brachial or radial pulse
    - significant temperature changes in your forearm/arms
    - increasing pain while not doing anything that could directly contribute

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Seeing a doc immediately won't hurt, but if you want to wait you may want to take a break from working out completely until that electric pulse feeling goes away, and when you start again avoid biceps and other pulling motions at first, and then work back into it w/ lighter weights.

When you do those behind-the-back cable curls make sure you use lighter weight than for other curls. Your biceps, especially at the bottom portion of that curl, is pretty vulnerable if you go heavy.