barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10) barryriley is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shoulder Pain going nowhere

About 2 months ago I was doing bench with the bar and as I got low to my chest I could feel my right delt, the low part towards the side of the bicep feeling really tight. I thought it was just one of those feelings you get that pops away and goes next rep but it just remained.

I've not been working out for about the last 3 weeks (I originally stuck to exercises that didn't push the shoulder but eventually took the safer option and stopped altogether.)

I don't feel it on a daily basis but if I try to do a push up it feels really tight in the right shoulder (not the top the bottom on the side of the arm). I saw a physio and he just said it was a muscle strain and to avoid pushing exercises.

The thing is I'm two months post injury and still can't do chest or shoulders. Every time I get to the bottom of the rep it feels really tight, and though I could just push through it, I don't want to destroy my shoulder doing something stupid.

Has anyone had a similar thing? What did you do to get rid of it? Right now I can't see an end in sight.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If it's still bothersome after 2 months I'd see an orthopedist; an MRI may be needed to characterize the injury. You could try to focus on stretching initially and the start with very light dumbbell bench presses (ie, 5 pound dumbbells) and go up in weight as tolerated but if that causes any pain/discomfort I'd stop and see a physician.

mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10) mojojonz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If all your physio did was to say, "stop doing pushing exercises" Id suggest seeing a different physio. In my experience a physio will give you exercises to help strengthen surrounding muscles that may have caused the strain in the first place, the physio should also be monitoring the recovery and helping to release any tight muscles.

I'm also going through shoulder trouble. I have an inflammed bursa sack in my right shoulder. My physio ordered an ultra-sound that picked it up. I can't bench either but I can do decline press.

There may be other pushing exercise you can do. But obviously you don't want to push through pain.