Andubrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up How do I get into Powerlifting?

Hey guys - I have been currently lifting for around 10 months (Bro-split) and it has been pretty awesome to see the progress I have made so far. Recently a friend thought my lifting was pretty good for someone of my size (120 kg/264 pounds for deadlifts at 121 pounds BW) and he suggested I give power lifting a go.

I don't really know too much about powerlifting e.g: how the powerlifting workouts differ and what the main focus is on. Would be interested in hearing how I can get started and keep improving.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Andubrah View Post
    Hey guys - I have been currently lifting for around 10 months (Bro-split) and it has been pretty awesome to see the progress I have made so far. Recently a friend thought my lifting was pretty good for someone of my size (120 kg/264 pounds for deadlifts at 121 pounds BW) and he suggested I give power lifting a go.

I don't really know too much about powerlifting e.g: how the powerlifting workouts differ and what the main focus is on. Would be interested in hearing how I can get started and keep improving.

The focus is on squat bench and deadlift for 1 rep.

Reactive training systems website is the best place to learn. Powerlifting to win is slightly more accessible, Barbell Medicine on YouTube are an excellent resource on training in general
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100)
    There's endless programs, first just focus on learning to do each movement with good technique, this will help you lift more efficiently = lift more weight.

Starting strength 5x5 is popular, you'll do each lift multiple times each week with light weights getting progressively heavier. Training each lift multiple times a week is important as a beginner because it gives you more time to practice the lift without going so heavy you might hurt yourself.
    Squat - 190kg

Bench - 107.5kg

Deadlift - 195kg

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As Wolfrose said the focus is on the Squat,Bench Press and deadlift.
    The focus are the lifts and getting stronger on them.
    Powerlifting is not really a hypertrophy activity but one for trying to produce one rep max strength,but you may gain some size.
    You also do all accessory lifts to help the three lifts.
    Research and maybe get a qualified coach on technique and rules of each lift.
    Find a program for a beginner and follow it.
    Usually you have to know what your maxes are on each lift and the training programs use percentages for each lift.
    Finally i would pick a meet for the future and train for it.
    Nothing like getting meet experience.
    Good luck.