Registered User adambodybuild13's Avatar
    adambodybuild13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlift and Squat Stance

Hi Everyone,

Got my first power-lifting meet in December,

Looking advice on finding the perfect Stance for both lifts.

Ive been dead-lifting recently with a stance that is around 6 inches apart. I feel like this allows me to drive through the floor initially and then pull as when i go shoulder width I find it feels awkward to drive through the floor.

Is a stance this close normal and efficient?

On Squats, I use a wider than shoulders stance, as I find it difficult to get deep with out my lower back rounding.

Thinking of getting Squat shoes to help this.

Any meet tips would be appreciated

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by adambodybuild13 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Got my first power-lifting meet in December,

Looking advice on finding the perfect Stance for both lifts.

Ive been dead-lifting recently with a stance that is around 6 inches apart. I feel like this allows me to drive through the floor initially and then pull as when i go shoulder width I find it feels awkward to drive through the floor.

Is a stance this close normal and efficient?

On Squats, I use a wider than shoulders stance, as I find it difficult to get deep with out my lower back rounding.

Thinking of getting Squat shoes to help this.

Any meet tips would be appreciated
    Whatever feels comfortable and allows you to move the most weight. Will change over time if you gain or lose weight too
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Registered User adambodybuild13's Avatar
    adambodybuild13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Whatever feels comfortable and allows you to move the most weight. Will change over time if you gain or lose weight too
    Thanks for the reply.

Could I send you a link to view my form? I have it uploaded to youtube but cant post it on here.

GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100) GreyAndMild is not very well liked. (-100)
    Narrow deadlift stance is OK but make sure your toes are pointed out, this enables your glutes to push through more easily when locking out.

Wide squat stance is OK, you should feel the soreness the next day in your adductors (groin) and the outside of your ass with a little less soreness on your quads. If only your quads are sore you should probably have a wider stance.
    Squat - 180kg

Bench - 107.5kg

Deadlift - 195kg

78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 78novacaine has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The best cue I've found for deadlift stance width is to find a box, walk up to it and plant your feet to do a box jump, and use that for your deadlift stance. It's not perfect but it's a good starting point. Squat width is a person by person thing, personally I squat best with a shoulder width stance, toes pointed out about 30*, and with a decent amount of forward knee travel. As long as you keep your knees in line with your toes and don't collapse inwards, the forward knee travel is not the demon a lot of people make it out to be.
    Fat wannabe powerlifter
    Squat - Poverty
    Bench - Just fkn LOL
    Deadlift - Not as poverty