Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

"Taxation is theft". Can someone explain this to me?

Let me preface this by stating that I am not trying to troll here at all (Trump voter/supporter). With that being said, I've heard this statement many times from members in this section, and was curious as to why some of you think this way. I can see this being accurate to a point, as there are WAY too many different taxes (i.e. Estate Taxes, Lottery Taxes, Property Taxes), but isn't some taxation required for a properly functioning society? Where would the money come for road construction and maintenance? Public Parks? Public Libraries? Also, are you arguing against federal taxes, state taxes, or both state and federal?
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***NYG Crew***

JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JoeDelts is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The statement in the OP is debatable.

"The power to tax is the power to destroy."

I heard this on a show about the Bundy standoff. It's true. The government has the power to destroy industries through taxation.

jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000) jeepwrangler8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kovalchuk71 View Post
    Let me preface this by stating that I am not trying to troll here at all (Trump voter/supporter). With that being said, I've heard this statement many times from members in this section, and was curious as to why some of you think this way. I can see this being accurate to a point, as there are WAY too many different taxes (i.e. Estate Taxes, Lottery Taxes, Property Taxes), but isn't some taxation required for a properly functioning society? Where would the money come for road construction and maintenance? Public Parks? Public Libraries? Also, are you arguing against federal taxes, state taxes, or both state and federal?
    Liberal beta males want all of their cuckold fantasies paid for through taxes. I mean, yeah, highways and bridges being repaired through taxes is absolutely the right thing, but we’re at the point where free college is a mainstream platform for Democrats and liberal cucks that don’t have a job foam at the mouth over it. They want everyone else to pay for their gender reassignment surgery. It’s pathetic and embarrassing.

kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kovalchuk71 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jeepwrangler8 View Post
    Liberal beta males want all of their cuckold fantasies paid for through taxes. I mean, yeah, highways and bridges being repaired through taxes is absolutely the right thing, but we’re at the point where free college is a mainstream platform for Democrats and liberal cucks that don’t have a job foam at the mouth over it. They want everyone else to pay for their gender reassignment surgery. It’s pathetic and embarrassing.
    Sure, and I completely agree with the above. However, I interpret the statement "Taxation is Theft" as ALL taxes being unnecessary.
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***NYG Crew***

TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TurbanMon is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Cause roads, parks, libraries wouldn't exist without government right. you are presenting an argument that those institutions must exist in it's current form. Given the government's track record in maintaining those institutions... Lol.

Here's an idea. Let's make paying taxes for those services optional. You get a little card that lets you use the services you choose to pay for.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It's a matter of taxation without representation and what benefit do you receive.

Does sending a portion of your tax dollars to other countries benefit you? How about your tax dollars being spent on benefits for illegal immigrants? Or your tax dollars being spent on anything else you do not agree with.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) A-GAME has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think government should be responsible for specific services, and taxation for that is fine. Everything after that is theft IMO. When you have mobs of people voting to redistribute wealth by taxing the wealthy and giving it to someone else, that's disgraceful. They are thieves.

Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Taxation is forced payment, so it is theft, if not robbery because people will come lock you up for not paying them, but is a necessary evil because of the structure that helps you make that money in the first place. My beef is due to the fact that although everyone benefits, not everyone is paying. The moment taxation is wrong is when that money doesn't benefit the taxpayer, or the country for that matter, when it only benefits an individual that isn't paying for it. A lot of government programs are so inefficient they are more or less a ponzi scheme, like Social Security.

Welfare, I don't want people to go hungry or homeless, but there is a point when it gets abused. I don't think a lot of starving homeless people wandering around would be good for anyone. Free college I'd be okay with, as long as it was done logically. There is something called a "professional student" where they just go to school a few days a week for a few hours, and get money for going to school, they continuously take courses that lead to no actually gainful employment, and they will just waste everyone's time and money. They protest Trump on their time off. There are some people who do great in school, but fall on their face in real life. Face it, there are a lot of people that until smoking weed and playing video games pays, they will never be gainfully employed.

kein mitleid fr mehrheit Stizzel's Avatar
    Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The way you pay for things without resorting to theft is via trade

Last edited by Stizzel; 10-24-2019 at 09:33 PM.
    Howard Stern crew
    Eric the midget crew

There are only two (major) parties today: The Stupid Party and The Evil Party. Once in a while the two parties get together to do something that is both stupid and evil, and that's called Bipartisanship. - Tom Woods

sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000) sandaltan is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by TurbanMon View Post
    Cause roads, parks, libraries wouldn't exist without government right. you are presenting an argument that those institutions must exist in it's current form. Given the government's track record in maintaining those institutions... Lol.

Here's an idea. Let's make paying taxes for those services optional. You get a little card that lets you use the services you choose to pay for.
    ok great but here's a question.

let's say i dont want to pay for roads.

how are you going to enforce me not driving on roads?

your idea literally only works in theory. in the real world its the dumbest sh*t in history.

All men are created equal metroins's Avatar
    metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Taxes were discussed by the founding fathers.

I am not saying I agree or disagree with the current tax system, but taxes in some form were designed as an integral part of our country's origin.

Proclaiming taxation as theft is an ignorant blanket statement.

George Washington

To facilitate to them the performance of their duty, it is essential that you should practically bear in mind that towards the payment of debts there must be revenue; that to have revenue there must be taxes; that no taxes can be devised which are not more or less inconvenient and unpleasant; that the intrinsic embarrassment, inseparable from the selection of the proper objects (which is always a choice of difficulties), ought to be a decisive motive for a candid construction of the conduct of the government in making it, and for a spirit of acquiescence in the measures for obtaining revenue, which the public exigencies may at any time dictate.
    Discussing the merits of taxation, and to what extent, is always a good thing. Discussing zero taxation is ignorant to history.
    Back on that injury recovery time, yoga stretching and running.

Life is easy when you take personal responsibility

MMMC - Assistant to the Assistant of the Secretary of Assistance

deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) deepfat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Taxes are essential for things we need and like. Commerce depends on proper roadways, street conditions, etc. I'm fine with social safety nets that keep us from being chithole third world countries. That said, it is government's job to keep the tax burden on the citizenry as low as possible. Our gov't (local, state, and fed) suck at doing this in the collective.
    Math/Physics Master Race
    *Misc Geezer Crew*
    *Vasectomy / Raw Dog Crew*
    *Always Pick 5 Crew*
    *St. Louis Cardinals/St. Louis Blues/MIZ-ZOU Crew*
    *KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE*
    *Golf Crew*

Former U.S. Navy Officer

VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    how on earth is an estate tax not theft??? brb someone has a farm worth 10 million, doesnt make much per year in revenue..yet has to pay the gov 4 million. Same thing if someone were to die and pass down an inheritance...that money has already been taxed...through income (and sometimes twice if it was a capital gain!) what gives the government a right tax it a 3rd time???

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would argue there are not enough taxes and that those taxes aren't used in the right way.

There should be a bare minimum tax for national defense, law enforcement, contract enforcement,

Everything else should be a use tax.
    Tax the use of a good or service where the revenue of said tax is used to maintain the good or service.

A good example is what gas tax was suppose to be.

You tax the cars for using roads.
    Heavier cars get worse gas mileage and harm the road more.
    That money is then suppose to be used to maintain the roads.

In practice it gets merged with the general fund and wasted on stupid chit.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) metroins has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have not verified these are exact numbers, but the graphic does represent similar findings of research did a few years ago.

Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Austanian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    I have not verified these are exact numbers, but the graphic does represent similar findings of research did a few years ago.

It doesn't really represent anything except RAW tax rate. Which means nothing.

Effective tax rates are what matters. Half the country is below zero right now.

Everyone needs skin in the game otherwise it is other people's money funding things that would be "nice to have".
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ApeXXXPredator has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Taxation has been going on forever. Literally in every civilization. Scribes in Ancient Egypt used to survive their kings for their ability to collect taxes.

Originally Posted by Austanian View Post
    It doesn't really represent anything except RAW tax rate. Which means nothing.

Effective tax rates are what matters. Half the country is below zero right now.

Everyone needs skin in the game otherwise it is other people's money funding things that would be "nice to have".
    When you say effective tax rate, are you including state taxes and use taxes or only federal income/fica/medicare?

The graphic was a representation of the changes imposed on federal income tax.

If a person feels current taxes are unfair, they may vote for different representation. One can infer going through the elections which party imposed lower tax rates.

I personally agree with cyclical taxation, raise taxes when/just before they are needed and lower taxes when not needed.

I have not made up my mind on Fair tax vs. Progressive tax. I have thought about it for years.
    Last edited by metroins; 10-25-2019 at 06:51 AM.

mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ask Trump when **** hits the fan.... the Boy will sing like a bird! Tekashi69 style
    MR.PHF '09

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”- Don Quixote

“A bad year and a bad month to all the backbiting bitches in the world!...”- Don Quixote

''Putang Ina Mo''

< H.T.C Till I D.I.E >

Originally Posted by VegasLifter26 View Post
    how on earth is an estate tax not theft??? brb someone has a farm worth 10 million, doesnt make much per year in revenue..yet has to pay the gov 4 million. Same thing if someone were to die and pass down an inheritance...that money has already been taxed...through income (and sometimes twice if it was a capital gain!) what gives the government a right tax it a 3rd time???
    I specifically stated that Estate Taxes were unnecessary in my original post. IMO, Estate Taxes, Lottery Taxes, and even Sales Taxes are completely unnecessary. Why pay an additional State Income Tax if you have to already pay so many random taxes to your state govt?
    Last edited by kovalchuk71; 10-24-2019 at 10:56 PM.
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***NYG Crew***

mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mr.left hook is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I specifically stated that Estate Taxes were unnecessary in my original post.
    in prison you would get tax'd too Op
    it's a simple intimidation for weak people fall in
    MR.PHF '09

“Do you see over yonder, friend Sancho, thirty or forty hulking giants? I intend to do battle with them and slay them.”- Don Quixote

“A bad year and a bad month to all the backbiting bitches in the world!...”- Don Quixote

''Putang Ina Mo''

< H.T.C Till I D.I.E >

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To be more precise, taxation is extortion.

As far as it being “necessary” goes, if you believe that you’re so beta that I pity you. WTF do you mean necessary? You’re a grown man, you would not pay for roads you travel on, or pay into a fire department in your town? What kind of a loser are you that you can’t navigate your life yourself, and need Obama and Trump to do it for you? Human race has created cell phones thin as paper that reads your eye retina and yet you insist that without Obama and trump humanity would not have roads, security forces, and arbitrators? WTF is wrong with you? Pussy LOL

Originally Posted by mr.left hook View Post
    in prison you would get tax'd too Op
    it's a simple intimidation for weak people fall in
    Thank you for contributing absolutely nothing to my thread in your two posts.

Bravo.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post

As far as it being “necessary” goes, if you believe that you’re so beta that I pity you. WTF do you mean necessary? You’re a grown man, you would not pay for roads you travel on, or pay into a fire department in your town? What kind of a loser are you that you can’t navigate your life yourself, and need Obama and Trump to do it for you? Human race has created cell phones thin as paper that reads your eye retina and yet you insist that without Obama and trump humanity would not have roads, security forces, and arbitrators? WTF is wrong with you? Pussy LOL
    Thank you for putting words into my mouth. Apparently you cannot read very well.

Also, why the need for personal attacks? Great contribution to the thread. Thank you.

Grow up.
    ***Misc Med Crew***
    ***NYG Crew***

Originally Posted by metroins View Post
    When you say effective tax rate, are you including state taxes and use taxes or only federal income/fica/medicare?

The graphic was a representation of the changes imposed on federal income tax.

If a person feels current taxes are unfair, they may vote for different representation. One can infer going through the elections, which party imposed lower tax rates.

I personally agree with cyclical taxation, raise taxes when/just before they are needed and lower taxes when not needed.

I have not made up my mind on Fair tax vs. Progressive tax. I have thought about it for years.
    When you include state, fica, Medicaid... it is probably more like 45% pay nothing or less, but I am ball parking it.

Tax Credits and Deductions make a massive impact.

Progressive and Fair both have merits. The biggest issues is a "progressive" tax should HURT equally. One group shouldn't face pain while the other gets 10k "back" that they never paid in.

Originally Posted by kusok View Post

At bare minimum a state needs, Defense, Law Enforcement, and Contract Enforcement.

With out those 3 items the state will become lawless and you will be conquered by someone that imposes their law on you. I know you believe in Anarcho-capitalism, but the system you WILL be forced to be a part of will extract their flesh. The only choice you can slightly deal with is HOW and HOW MUCH.
    Last edited by Austanian; 10-24-2019 at 11:07 PM.

ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000) ShadowV is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's theft because the government is very incompetent and waste's money.
    Not only that, but the shadiness with how they regulate money is another factor.

Taxation is a necessity to a degree for government to function, don't get me wrong.
    But I wish they optimized how they spent the tax dollars and wouldn't use it against their own citizens at times.

kein mitleid fr mehrheit Stizzel's Avatar
    Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Stizzel has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by sandaltan View Post
    ok great but here's a question.

let's say i dont want to pay for roads.

how are you going to enforce me not driving on roads?

your idea literally only works in theory. in the real world its the dumbest sh*t in history.
    I find it interesting that your rebuttal is to point out how limited your cognitive abilities are. You drive on private roads all the time that are paid for by businesses because they understand that without a means of transportation the business fails.
    Howard Stern crew
    Eric the midget crew

There are only two (major) parties today: The Stupid Party and The Evil Party. Once in a while the two parties get together to do something that is both stupid and evil, and that's called Bipartisanship. - Tom Woods

chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) chaunce54 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP does kind of have a point. It's actually extortion.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

WWPB2D

Nothing worthwile is ever easy.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I can see this being accurate to a point
    Good, you agree
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) soaponarope1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It totally depends on your view. If you don't want to pay taxes, you have to literally under threat of violence.

Most people are ok with a certain level of taxation so don't consider it theft, but this varies person to person.

dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000) dazitmayn is just really nice. (+1000)
    i don't really disagree with all taxes, I mean the government still needs funds to afford public services that are there to help people. As well as to fund certain projects, industries and give benefits that should presumably benefit the people as a whole.

But when tax dollars are wasted on failed projects, all inclusive trips to the Dominican Republic on private jets, welfare for people who choose not to work out of shear laziness, abortions for mistaken pregnancies, etc, that's when you sort of have to draw the line and say hey this chit is basically theft but it's legal. On some of these issues people have relatively no say where the whole taxation without representation thing comes in. Taxes can also be used to to dissuade people and kill off undesirable industries that may cause undesirable effects. For example foreign taxes on housing to dissuade foreign buyers from buying up homes which should have priority for taxpaying citizens, carbon taxes to dissuade people from consuming fossil fuels (however fossil fuels have become so essential in society that this can be argued that it does nothing but make life harder for everybody).

Bernie for example wants to implement a wealth tax on the top 1% for the reason that they are too rich. Quote me if I'm wrong. People have become too reliant and trusting of the government as if their interests align with yours and that they could never possibly turn against you. People wouldn't mind as much if these taxes weren't so inefficiently used and wasted on things that don't benefit the public as a whole.