RMRMR is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation 5x5 is becoming way too hard :(

I’ve got stuck at 90kg squat a few weeks ago and I can’t add any more weight. Plus on each workout the weight is becoming heavier ... I’m not sure what’s going on.

Bench is getting weird too. I’m struggling at 67.5kg and in constant fear of decapitating myself.

Overhead press is stuck at 42.5kg and squat at 100. I still don’t know how to perform barbell row correctly.

I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall.

I’m 30 btw, 170cm 87kg

I was thinking of starting a cutting phase but if I can’t go forward at a surplus what am I going to do with even less calories ? Just keep failing every day ? Is that normal ?

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At that point you are supposed to deload 20% of the weight and work your way back up again. You should be able to pass that ceiling the next time through unless you have a mental block or bad form holding you back.

VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RMRMR View Post
    I’ve got stuck at 90kg squat a few weeks ago and I can’t add any more weight. Plus on each workout the weight is becoming heavier ... I’m not sure what’s going on.

Bench is getting weird too. I’m struggling at 67.5kg and in constant fear of decapitating myself.

Overhead press is stuck at 42.5kg and squat at 100. I still don’t know how to perform barbell row correctly.

I feel like I’ve hit a brick wall.

I’m 30 btw, 170cm 87kg

I was thinking of starting a cutting phase but if I can’t go forward at a surplus what am I going to do with even less calories ? Just keep failing every day ? Is that normal ?
    When is the last time you took a deload?

Originally Posted by shmobin View Post
    At that point you are supposed to deload 20% of the weight and work your way back up again. You should be able to pass that ceiling the next time through unless you have a mental block or bad form holding you back.
    How can I do that with the bench press without involving decapitation ?

shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shmobin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As you progress, your stability muscles will improve. You should ask someone to spot you if your going for max though.

VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VeritasFides has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    He’s saying decrease the load by 20%. So if you’re using 100kg on a lift drop to 80kg. Then start working your way back up. That’s not the only way to deload but it works.

Originally Posted by VeritasFides View Post
    When is the last time you took a deload?
    I’ve de loaded Everything but squats. I’ve reached 90kg going beyond the 3min resting time, like 5 or 6 minutes in between sets and worked on reducing rest time in between sets but it’s literally killing me. Maybe I should do that...

I’ve de loaded Everything but squats. I’ve reached 90kg going beyond the 3min resting time, like 5 or 6 minutes in between sets and worked on reducing rest time in between sets but it’s literally killing me. Maybe I should do that...
    It's not literally killing you bro.

What do you mean? 90kg beyond 3 minute resting time? A deload would look like this.
    Bench week 1. 5x5 100kg
    Week 2. 5x5 105kg
    Week 3. 5x5 110kg
    Week 4. 3x5 115kg 1x4 115kg 1x3 115kg
    Week 5. 1x4 115 kg

This is just an example and probably not the best but it will work. Since you’re “losing strength” it’s clearly time to do a deload. To deload, you would go back to

Week 6. 5x5 95kg
    And start working your way back up to 115 again throughout the weeks. I personally hate this method of deloading but it certainly works.

Registered User risingstarl96a1's Avatar
    risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000) risingstarl96a1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Pull Ups
    Bench Press
    Rows
    Squats
    Dips

Superset
    Explosive each Rep
    Full Range
    4x8
    Progress and add weights later on
    “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one most adaptable to change.” -Charles Darwin, 1809

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How are you benching that you're worried about dropping on your neck?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. stop being scared of being decapitated and ask someone to spot you. dont be a wimp about asking someone, i dont think anybody minds spotting somebody on bench.

2.deload as suggested

3.increase calorie intake. this will definitely increase your lifts, just put on an extra 2kg or so.

4.add more assistance work, maybye work on your triceps with some close grip bench? maybye on front delts for more pushing strength?
    do some leg presses to work on leg strength?

5.about the ohp... its a very slow moving lift. just keep microloading and deloading, this lift wont go anywhere fast for a lot of people. but dont give up on it!
    try do 4sets of 5 reps and then 1set of 6reps next workout. add at least 1rep to the same weight everyday, this way you can still set PRs.
    "Get Better Today" - Russel Orhii

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Are you eating enough? Sleeping well?

You definitely have more you can get from linear progression. Take the deload. Practice your form while the weights are light. Don't cut. Make sure you're sleeping. Rest as long af you need between sets. Don't let the clock tell you when you're ready.

Or switch to a different program. Slower progression will be easier to keep up with. And in a few years you'll be at the same place either way. I wouldn't slow it up yet though

superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) superman704 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It's time to try high reps, easier, better way to get stronger
    John 3:16

Natty for life
    Red for life
    I'm not really 50, I'm 46, idk how to change the age
    Autism crew (Asperger's syndrome)
    High test crew
    Bald crew
    MAGA crew
    Guys stop making me green! I actually enjoy being red! It's more alpha!
    Born again Christian crew
    Heavy metal crew
    Sometimes the stuff I say is just ''trolling''