Registered User WilliamHeffernan's Avatar
    WilliamHeffernan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

50+ with Pec Injury

About 2 weeks ago, I injured my right pec muscle. I'm guessing it's grade 1 or 2 (based what I've read). I didn't hear or feel anything pop, tear, etc. while lifting (moment of injury not obvious). No obvious dimpling or depression (although a slight depression may be present, just not "hey, there it is"). I have an annoying pain rotating among my outside chest, deltoid, arm pit, tricep. I have a fairly high pain tolerance so my idea of pain may be skewed, but the discomfort is NOT excruciating. The discomfort however is nearly constant making for restless nights. Can't sleep on either side without elevating the discomfort. How long can I expect the discomfort to linger? I assume the discomfort isn't present during the entire healing process.

StanicEnemy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by WilliamHeffernan View Post
    About 2 weeks ago, I injured my right pec muscle. I'm guessing it's grade 1 or 2 (based what I've read). I didn't hear or feel anything pop, tear, etc. while lifting (moment of injury not obvious). No obvious dimpling or depression (although a slight depression may be present, just not "hey, there it is"). I have an annoying pain rotating among my outside chest, deltoid, arm pit, tricep. I have a fairly high pain tolerance so my idea of pain may be skewed, but the discomfort is NOT excruciating. The discomfort however is nearly constant making for restless nights. Can't sleep on either side without elevating the discomfort. How long can I expect the discomfort to linger? I assume the discomfort isn't present during the entire healing process.
    I have the exact same problems, its been 2 months since i quit gym,I felt a very sharp pain on my chest,no bruising,no bump or hole or no any visable defect im still resting and taking it easy.I have injured mine by doing triceps pressdown.How did you injury yours? Are you having trouble with breathing? I have done shoulder and elbow mri tests, nothing came out wrong everything is fine and im still having the achness on my chest along with triceps.

Registered User WilliamHeffernan's Avatar
    WilliamHeffernan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by StanicEnemy View Post
    I have the exact same problems, its been 2 months since i quit gym,I felt a very sharp pain on my chest,no bruising,no bump or hole or no any visable defect im still resting and taking it easy.I have injured mine by doing triceps pressdown.How did you injury yours? Are you having trouble with breathing? I have done shoulder and elbow mri tests, nothing came out wrong everything is fine and im still having the achness on my chest along with triceps.
    I assumed bench. I do regular, decline and incline. If it's possible to cause the same injury working triceps, I suppose I could have done it during triceps extensions. I'm not exactly sure when I injured myself. No trouble breathing, just the constant, irritating, relentless discomfort/pain. When I realized a couple of weeks ago I injured myself, a sneeze would cause excruciating pain, but it's not as bad now when I sneeze. Really bumming me out. Lifting is a great stress reliever for me. Now I'm just idle. How about you and sleeping? If you're still having discomfort/pain, I guess I have at least a couple more months of this to deal with.