Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Gironda84 View Post
    @lucia
    What has replaced Brewers Yeast for Chromium supplementation.
    Nothing. Chromium supplementation isn't all that worthwhile. Back in the late 90s and early 00s, chromium picolinate is what people used.

Since you feel that a Multivitamin would cover most if not all of the above which multi would you recommend?
    There are plenty to try. Orange Triad, Univite is fine, Nutritox is what I've been using lately.

Have you an opinion on ZMA, I presume a Multi before bed would do the same thing?
    Multi daily dose broken up around meals. I wouldn't waste my money on ZMA. Some people like it. What's the goal?

Thanks for your help by the way. I'm not trying to cause a row on here, I'm just interested in whether there was some value in the old way of doing things.
    There is a reason things are typically the "old way." New research and advances in the ability to better test and gain better results changes what we know.

Which supps do you think should be a staple of a nutritional program?
    I'm of the school that none are a "staple." They are supplements to your diet by definition. Things I keep handy and/or use daily:

Daily:
    Multi
    Creatine

Preworkout on workout days

Protein powder if I need help meeting my macro in a given day.

That's all I use on the regular. I will use EC, at times, when cutting and need appetite suppression help.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Gironda84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Nothing. Chromium supplementation isn't all that worthwhile. Back in the late 90s and early 00s, chromium picolinate is what people used.

There are plenty to try. Orange Triad, Univite is fine, Nutritox is what I've been using lately.

Multi daily dose broken up around meals. I wouldn't waste my money on ZMA. Some people like it. What's the goal?

There is a reason things are typically the "old way." New research and advances in the ability to better test and gain better results changes what we know.

I'm of the school that none are a "staple." They are supplements to your diet by definition. Things I keep handy and/or use daily:

Daily:
    Multi
    Creatine

Preworkout on workout days

Protein powder if I need help meeting my macro in a given day.

That's all I use on the regular. I will use EC, at times, when cutting and need appetite suppression help.
    Thanks for reply,
    I'm returning to training after an enforced break, so I want to regain strength and drop excess weight.

I was looking for ideas so had a look through the old Gironda Book.

I know that for the first few weeks of training I won't need supps but I just want to get organised for when sessions get heavier.

I was never into supps before apart from a multi, yeast and liver tabs and the occasional protein drinks if necessary.

I'm wary of pre and post workout stacks cos of what could be in them. I don't like the way they are marketed, it's like they think everyone is an impressionable teenager. Even the multi vit Animal Pak is marketed that way which makes me suspicious of it and more so if what's in it

Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100) Biffmeister is not very well liked. (-100)

Brewers yeast and Dessicated Liver are awesome

Hey, I know this is an old thread but had to put my two pence in. I've used dessicated liver and brewers yeast on and off for years and swear by them for energy and to increase appetite. Watch the wind though, make sure your missus is cool 😆

They taste nasty which is why they've gone out of fashion in my opinion but I'd recommend. Uniliver by universal for dessicated liver and any brewers yeast from a health store, in UK it is Holland and barrett.

Happy new year.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Biffmeister View Post
    Hey, I know this is an old thread but had to put my two pence in. I've used dessicated liver and brewers yeast on and off for years and swear by them for energy and to increase appetite. Watch the wind though, make sure your missus is cool 😆

They taste nasty which is why they've gone out of fashion in my opinion but I'd recommend. Uniliver by universal for dessicated liver and any brewers yeast from a health store, in UK it is Holland and barrett.

Happy new year.
    Placebo. It's powerful!
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic