ZT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Want to lose leg/thigh fat without losing arm mass

Hi there,

I am new to lifting weights (only been lifting a month, doing the Greek God program). I am wondering if there is anyway I can do anything to lose leg/thigh/butt fat without compromising any potential muscle gains. Whether this be low resistance on stationary bike or what have you. Looking for advice. Have posted pics. Thanks.
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    As you know, you need to lose fat. Period. Some of your arm "size" is also fat. Lose a pound to a pound-and-a-half a week, and lift - hitting your entire body. You will not significantly, effectively be able to "target" where your fat loss comes from.

richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    As you know, you need to lose fat. Period. Some of your arm "size" is also fat. Lose a pound to a pound-and-a-half a week, and lift - hitting your entire body. You will not significantly, effectively be able to "target" where your fat loss comes from.
    ^What he said with regards to the 'arm mass'. Different people have a tendency to store fat in different places and your arm mass is simply that the fat is there too.

If you have only been lifting a month, I'd actually recommend bulking, you want to get all those noob gains under your belt. Train VERY hard and get enough protein and carbs in. You're not in that bad a starting place.

If you don't want to do this and want to lose fat, then you'll simply need to be in a caloric deficit. To retain muscle (that you have) you'll need to consume A LOT of protein and train as hard as you possibly can, no sloppy form or reps in reserve, go for it. Unfortunately there's a limit as to how much muscle you can add whilst losing fat. As you're new to lifting, it may be possible to both add muscle and lose fat, but there won't be any miracles.

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    While your arm size will likely go down as you lose fat in that area, the good news is that any muscle underneath will be more cut and look better even if your arm is smaller.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5

ZT21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by richard99cook View Post
    ^What he said with regards to the 'arm mass'. Different people have a tendency to store fat in different places and your arm mass is simply that the fat is there too.

If you have only been lifting a month, I'd actually recommend bulking, you want to get all those noob gains under your belt. Train VERY hard and get enough protein and carbs in. You're not in that bad a starting place.

If you don't want to do this and want to lose fat, then you'll simply need to be in a caloric deficit. To retain muscle (that you have) you'll need to consume A LOT of protein and train as hard as you possibly can, no sloppy form or reps in reserve, go for it. Unfortunately there's a limit as to how much muscle you can add whilst losing fat. As you're new to lifting, it may be possible to both add muscle and lose fat, but there won't be any miracles.

Okay - further to this, if I did say 10 minutes of HIIT after my lifting and tried to maintain at 230 would I slim down while not losing any potential gains?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by 11numerology View Post
    I wouldn't worry about losing mass in certain areas because by the looks of it every body part could use some improvement.

By lifting strategically you can tone your muscles all around instead of trying to target specific body parts, etc.

Try these two routines and execute it with good form and I guarantee you your results will sky rocket.'

#1 - Compound Circuit for Fat Loss: youtube.com/watch?v=vd2vkCjIYNw
    #2 - Posture Enhancing Exercises: youtube.com/watch?v=z4LHi8Eqf4M
    You plugging your own YouTube videos for views?
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I see quite a bit of fat in the upper arms. There's not much muscle development there.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ZT21 View Post
    Okay - further to this, if I did say 10 minutes of HIIT after my lifting and tried to maintain at 230 would I slim down while not losing any potential gains?
    So you think you can maintain your overweight status at 230 lbs and get leaner at the same time? Not gonna happen, you have A LOT of weight to lose to look lean.

Answers haven't changed since your last thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1587540711
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Anvil62 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ZT21 View Post
    1) 10 minutes of HIIT is going to amount to diddly squat in terms of calorie burn. And what most people call "HIIT" isn't really HIIT anyway.

2) As has already been said in this thread (and your previous thread linked to above), you can't spot reduce fat. It's like trying to drain just the area around the steps in a swimming pool while leaving the rest of the pool full - not gonna happen.