Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    vιηcιт qυι sε vιηcιт CoffeeStout's Avatar
    CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Anyone work two jobs? How are you holding up?

I've currently been working a second job for a month now. I thought I would give it a whirl. Try and catch up on some bills. I'm currently pulling right over 70+ hours a week. (one full time career/part time @ a gym at nights)
    I thought I would get use to the longer days in a week or two. Physically it's not so bad. Both jobs are standing positions. Not too bad, my feet tend to get sore around 9:00pm at night. The mental aspect of it is what is currently taxing. By the time I get home from my second job, I literally go strait to bed. I'll shower, get comfortable, but then it's lights out to wake up 5-6 hours later to hit the first job again @ 6:30am. It seriously feels like the movie ground hog day. The only reason I even considered posting this in the misc is because I don't really have no one in the workplace, or at home to ask advice or opinions on. My father use to be my go to for things like this. He passed a couple years back though. Finances and debt have kind of just snowballed since then it seems. Not long after my father passed. My wife left me and took our child. I took my brother in not long after that and he's been living with me for about half a year now. My mother had to move in with her mother after my father passed. Expenses between that and the divorce have just seemed to continue to pile. I help my mother and other siblings out when I could. Now, Im at a point financially where I cannot anymore. Even with the second job. It pretty much pays for childcare and other expenses for my kid. Just not sure what to do at this point. I'm going to keep up this other job for at least another pay period to see if it's worth the time. Having literally no down time is harder than I thought I'll admit. Kind of just hoping for some good advice or motivation from other's who have been through something similar with trying to balance jobs, family and being a parent. I've always been a pretty humble guy IMO. I can say in 2019, life has humbled the sh*t out of me thought lol Most days I'm only eating once a day to save money any for my child. I've lost over 20lbs though so that's one positive to take from it. Now I just don't have much time to train anymore. So hopefully I can still retain most of my LBM through diet.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

𝕯𝖊𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖎𝖘 𝖈𝖊𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖎𝖓,𝖑𝖎𝖋𝖊 𝖎𝖘 𝖓𝖔𝖙.

tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I work a solid 2 jobs but have 2-3 on the side

1. Do software sales about 50 hours a week
    2. Coach kids soccer 3x a week and a game on the weekend totaling 12 hours a week

Side jobs.
    1. Real estate agent, just started yesterday, but still something else to focus on
    2. Have my own e-commerce store where I still have to fulfill dropship orders and answer customers.
    3. Ref soccer on the side typically Saturday for 5 hours

I manage it by being single (29), but I don’t watch tv, don’t waste time doing useless activities.

Everything I make has a purpose. Every dollar becomes and employee of mine where it’s job is to make more money. I will keep this hustle for another couple of years then taper down once I have a second property that I’m renting out.. and of course once I have a GTR
    Trump is goat crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew.

tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tunafish01 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sorry was on mobile and didn’t read fully what you wrote.

Keep the hustle up man. It’ll all be worth it. Have a purpose for what you do. I work for freedom, hope to have financial freedom in the next 10 years
    Trump is goat crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew.

CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CoffeeStout is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for your reply. Your hustle is incredibly insightful! Wow!
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    168 hours each week.

It is tough man I've become too complacent now to even think of going back, but I wish I still had that discipline.

Best thing you can do is be efficient with the time it takes to prepare yourself daily. When I was working 20-30 hours and doing full time school (60 hours in class + studying for tests or board exams) on Sunday I would try to get all my cleaning/cooking done in one go. I'd throw a load of dishes in the washer, clothes in too, and prep my meals for the next 6 days. I ate the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, and my snacks. All the food for monday would be put into my lunchbox to carry out the door monday morning. I'd pack my gym stuff in the car and set out my clothes for the morning as well so all I had to do was shower, grab my food, and walk out the door. When I came home and made dinner I'd reprep all my stuff for the next day and my food would be ready by the time I was doing repacking stuff and laying everything out.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"

Originally Posted by RobParks2M View Post
    168 hours each week.

It is tough man I've become too complacent now to even think of going back, but I wish I still had that discipline.

Best thing you can do is be efficient with the time it takes to prepare yourself daily. When I was working 20-30 hours and doing full time school (60 hours in class + studying for tests or board exams) on Sunday I would try to get all my cleaning/cooking done in one go. I'd throw a load of dishes in the washer, clothes in too, and prep my meals for the next 6 days. I ate the same thing every day for breakfast, lunch, and my snacks. All the food for monday would be put into my lunchbox to carry out the door monday morning. I'd pack my gym stuff in the car and set out my clothes for the morning as well so all I had to do was shower, grab my food, and walk out the door. When I came home and made dinner I'd reprep all my stuff for the next day and my food would be ready by the time I was doing repacking stuff and laying everything out.
    Holy sh*t the hours! I guess that's a helpful perspective. To look at the time I'm "missing" now as wasted time rather than just leisure time. I'm learning to be very efficient though. I had 30 minutes between the two jobs yesterday. I zipped home. Threw some ingredients in my small crock pot for my meals the next day or two. When I returned home last night, it was done. I packaged them for the following days, showered and went to bed.

This experience thus far makes it comical to hear your average "9-5'er" complain about not having time to workout or prep meals at home. Especially ones that have fewer obligations than even your typical full time job.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

168 hours are how many are in a week haha
    Trump is goat crew
    MAGA
    Trump 2020 Crew.

Originally Posted by tunafish01 View Post
    168 hours are how many are in a week haha
    Ah, I see what you did there.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

Buy high, sell higher. HMFIC_BROWSIN's Avatar
    HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) HMFIC_BROWSIN has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Id sleep in a tent before I'd work a 70hr week.

Pay closer attention to keeping your expenses low and you'll be able to sustain on less than 35hr weeks.... At least that's what has worked for my entire adult life so far.
    MTB = leg day

Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700
    Originally Posted by HMFIC_BROWSIN View Post

Pay closer attention to keeping your expenses low and you'll be able to sustain on less than 35hr weeks.... At least that's what has worked for my entire adult life so far.
    What good jobs offer less than 40 hours though?

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Same. 40 a week is max for me, I like my life outside of work. All the guys bragging about making $150k but working 70-75 hr weeks nah bruh im sweet. Gimme half that and a normal work week and im straight. Money really isnt everything, time IS everything!

Attention K-Mart shoppers Archangel_Lost's Avatar
    Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Archangel_Lost has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Kill your second job and do lift or uber. Set your own hours and pay.
    Lifts:
    Squat: 460x1
    Bench: 400x1
    Deadlift: 575x1
    OHP: 250x2
    Weight: 180 lbs.

Don't have heroes; look up to no one. Because as long as someone's leading the way, the best you'll ever be is second.

milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250) milgauss has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Working 2 jobs main job is typical 9-5 Mon-Fri Mondays and Fridays I work from home.
    Sundays I work delivery job.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I sort of work 2 jobs. My official job is a drug screen collector at a medical clinic. Also do hearing tests there. I show up for an hour every morning (that's when most refinery contractors need a drug screen to get in the place to start work), then I leave and take care of my 23 rental properties. I'm on call every day until 5:00. The rentals are fully furnished, all bills paid. I rent them by the week to the people that take the drug screens. It's an alternative to living out of a motel for a month or two. There is a malfunctioning washing machine in my garage that needs fixed. I have a refridgerator in a storage building that needs to be moved into an apartment that doesn't have one. My lawnmower has 3 flat tires. Last week I had a sump pump piping failure in the basement of a big house. There was 3 feet of water down there, along with a gas central heat unit and gas hot water tank. I repaired the piping, and had to replace the control board and transformer on the central heat unit. Last month I refurbished 18 gas & charcoal grills, spot welds here and there, repaint them, clean off the cooking grate, fabricate new cooking grates.

I can drink beer after 5:00 while I'm fixing things or collecting rent in the evening.

I'm steadily working on decreasing my expenses. The biggest portion of course is my mortgage. Followed by childcare.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    I sort of work 2 jobs. My official job is a drug screen collector at a medical clinic. Also do hearing tests there. I show up for an hour every morning (that's when most refinery contractors need a drug screen to get in the place to start work), then I leave and take care of my 23 rental properties. I'm on call every day until 5:00. The rentals are fully furnished, all bills paid. I rent them by the week to the people that take the drug screens. It's an alternative to living out of a motel for a month or two. There is a malfunctioning washing machine in my garage that needs fixed. I have a refridgerator in a storage building that needs to be moved into an apartment that doesn't have one. My lawnmower has 3 flat tires. Last week I had a sump pump piping failure in the basement of a big house. There was 3 feet of water down there, along with a gas central heat unit and gas hot water tank. I repaired the piping, and had to replace the control board and transformer on the central heat unit. Last month I refurbished 18 gas & charcoal grills, spot welds here and there, repaint them, clean off the cooking grate, fabricate new cooking grates.

I can drink beer after 5:00 while I'm fixing things or collecting rent in the evening.
    Whoa, strong real estate investments.

Speaking of: I've been contemplating selling my home. (being that it's just my child and I now)....I don't feel like it could help that much though. The rental market is insane in my area. A decent two bedroom apartment or condo is likely to be just as much as my mortgage is now. The only financial benefit there would be probably around 15-20k equity if it would sell close to my last appraisal.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

Registered User SoutheastBeast1's Avatar
    SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SoutheastBeast1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have a full normal 40/hr week career job and then a part-time job that probably takes 15 hours a week mostly done on weekends.
    Professional Misc Rustler

"But the people we saved, they're our legacy. And they'll remember us and then I guess we'll eventually fade away too. But that's fine. Cause we left the world better than we found it, ya know."
    -Sam Winchester

headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) headturner1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I work like 1 day every other week at my old old old job.. it kinda sucks though working harder there for less money than in my career job.

I’m close to hanging it up though because it kills a whole day for me.

What you’re doing op, it’s not sustainable imo. I’d figure something out ASAP before you burn out.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by CoffeeStout View Post
    Whoa, strong real estate investments.

Speaking of: I've been contemplating selling my home. (being that it's just my child and I now)....I don't feel like it could help that much though. The rental market is insane in my area. A decent two bedroom apartment or condo is likely to be just as much as my mortgage is now. The only financial benefit there would be probably around 15-20k equity if it would sell close to my last appraisal.
    Don't sell. Keep your home.

Bachelors in Finance and most of my MBA in Finance. Plus I do rental properties.

Originally Posted by headturner1 View Post
    I work like 1 day every other week at my old old old job.. it kinda sucks though working harder there for less money than in my career job.

What you’re doing op, it’s not sustainable imo. I’d figure something out ASAP before you burn out.
    That's what I'm worried about in all honesty. I noticed some differences this weekend already while spending time with my kid. Differences I do not like. Starting week 4 of this schedule today.

Don't sell. Keep your home.

Bachelors in Finance and most of my MBA in Finance. Plus I do rental properties.
    Thank you for the information.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Anachron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by headturner1 View Post

Depends on the person, I used to do more for years on end.

darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500) darkeminence is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Crazy people in 'Murricah. I'm Europe based brah, my girlfriend works 20 hours a week, I work about 35 hours, and we're still left with 1.5k euro's at the end of the month. No debt besides mortgage which is 1k/month. We jointly make about 3.5k a month. After bills, mortgage, food and useless crap we're still left with 1.5k a month, which we just throw in investments.

Health insurance is 50 euro a YEAR (which covers everything, hospital stays, surgeries, medicine, doctor visits, dental work, EVERYTHING). Mandatory 5 weeks of vacation every year (law provides this). 10 paid legal hollidays.

Not trying to make you jealous brah. But... Muricah.

MURRICAH, F UK YEAH! Who coulda thought socializing health care and not wasting taxes on military and big government could work? Ayy lmao.

LOL.

Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Comply_or_Die has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by darkeminence View Post
    Crazy people in 'Murricah. I'm Europe based brah, my girlfriend works 20 hours a week, I work about 35 hours, and we're still left with 1.5k euro's at the end of the month. No debt besides mortgage which is 1k/month. We jointly make about 3.5k a month. After bills, mortgage, food and useless crap we're still left with 1.5k a month, which we just throw in investments.

Health insurance is 50 euro a YEAR (which covers everything, hospital stays, surgeries, medicine, doctor visits, dental work, EVERYTHING). Mandatory 5 weeks of vacation every year (law provides this). 10 paid legal hollidays.

Not trying to make you jealous brah. But... Muricah.

MURRICAH, F UK YEAH! Who coulda thought socializing health care and not wasting taxes on military and big government could work? Ayy lmao.

LOL.
    wtf where do you live?

in terms of OP, ive been thinking about a 2nd job. not because i need the money but because i have a lot of time to myself these days, so why not? make some extra $$$ and earn mo moneyz. im seriously tempted.
    Laughing at your team since 2008.

Thank you for the information.
    Prices and values of things generally go up over time. It's called inflation. Generally speaking, real estate increases in value over time with inflation. If you bought a house 30 years ago and sold it today, the money you got today would probably have the same purchasing power as what you paid for the house 30 years ago.

But your area sounds like a good market. The value of your home (selling price) in the future could increase faster than the rate of inflation. So it would be in your best interest to hold off on selling your home because you could get more for it in the future, when taking inflation into account. Just my 2 cents.

Could you rent out your other bedroom to a travelling or temporary worker in your area? There is a refinery in my town. There are always contractors here for short term jobs. A cheap motel room with 2 beds is $400/week. I rent out 3 bedroom furnished houses for $600/week, all bills paid, full kitchen, washer/dryer, cable, wifi, and bedrooms decorated as if Hugh Hefner did it himself. Find out how much they pay to stay in a motel, and charge the same or less.

EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000) EDcellent is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes OP, but you're a dedicated and hard working bro if I've ever seen one (no homo of course).

I won't hate your hours worked, you do what you got to do. Have you tried writing down your monthly expenses? Literally as much as you can, even include car insurance, taxes, gas, Netflix, utilities, etc. It puts things into a MUCH clearer perspective, and helps put focus on what you "could" do without.

davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000) davik is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you could try the military if you havent and just live cheap on base, wire the money to childcare/debt. i admire your work ethic

Could you rent out your other bedroom to a travelling or temporary worker in your area? There is a refinery in my town. There are always contractors here for short term jobs. A cheap motel room with 2 beds is $400/week. I rent out 3 bedroom furnished houses for $600/week, all bills paid, full kitchen, washer/dryer, cable, wifi, and bedrooms decorated as if Hugh Hefner did it himself. Find out how much they pay to stay in a motel, and charge the same or less.
    I did have an open room. After my old man passed I took my younger brother in. So I'm currently full between rooms. I have thought about this prior. If it wasn't for my toddler, I would have probably opted for a roommate prior. Hindsight is 20/20 in this situation I suppose. The extra income would have helped a lot. Yet, I wouldn't have had the extra room to take my brother in.

Originally Posted by EDcellent View Post
    Sorry to hear about your misfortunes OP, but you're a dedicated and hard working bro if I've ever seen one (no homo of course).

I won't hate your hours worked, you do what you got to do. Have you tried writing down your monthly expenses? Literally as much as you can, even include car insurance, taxes, gas, Netflix, utilities, etc. It puts things into a MUCH clearer perspective, and helps put focus on what you "could" do without.
    Thanks brah, and yes I have. Immediately after my wife left (going from two incomes to one) I cut every thing I could that was not a necessity. Also negotiated with current contracts I'm in to lower monthly expenses as much as possible (like internet, cell phone, home&auto insurance etc) It definitely adjusted my perspective. To not take all negative away from this experience thus far. It has humbled the sh*t out of me. From everything I've calculated, the combination of loss is just what is so difficult right now to get back above water. I had no idea my wife was about to leave. I just signed for a new vehicle for her. Paid out of pocket to not be so upside down in the lemon she had. Which nearly tanked my sad excuse for a savings.(now gone) That along with the instant drop in household income+$600 a month in preschool/childcare+the cc debt amounted during the marriage just all hit at once along with many other little misfortunes...truck breaking down, dog having to be put down etc etc etc ..just hit like a damn wrecking ball. I know that change is the most constant thing in life. Sometimes hard, sometimes easy....maybe I can't see it right now, but the hope that things will be better again for my kid and I is what keeps me going. I just don't want to lose that. It may not sound like much from some peoples perspective. That is my simple dream though. Stability for my child and I is all I want in the future. I did not have it growing up. It affected many things in a negative way that I still struggle with today. I just don't want that for him. I think that's what every level headed parent wants for their children. I know I'm not special. & a whole lot of humans have been and are going through much worse situations than I. Empathy is not what I seek at all. One of the biggest thing I have taken from all these changes is full accountability for where I'm at today. Let me tell you, true accountability is something that has taken some time to learn. It wasn't with the flick of a switch.

Originally Posted by davik View Post
    you could try the military if you havent and just live cheap on base, wire the money to childcare/debt. i admire your work ethic
    I've thought about it vaguely. I am from a military town. I'm in my mid thirties thought so I don't know how that would work.
    Last edited by CoffeeStout; 10-29-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    ☕️CͤOͮFͤFͬʸEͩEͣʸ ᶜʳᵉʷ☕️
    🍗🅳🅸🆁🆃🆈 🆂🅾🆄🆃🅷 🅲🆁🅴🆆🍺
    🔫ℂℂ𝕎 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕡𝕖𝕨 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕨🔫

ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ruskiMishka is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    40 hours of working grave shift, 3 classes for engineering, day trade in the mornings. Ready to blow my brains out.
    Посмотри на меня - самый модный тренд (В тренде!)
    Гоша Рубчинский - это мой best friend
    goon shxt 與太者
    Coming soon.

I did have an open room. After my old man passed I took my younger brother in. So I'm currently full between rooms. I have thought about this prior. If it wasn't for my toddler, I would have probably opted for a roommate prior. Hindsight is 20/20 in this situation I suppose. The extra income would have helped a lot. Yet, I wouldn't have had the extra room to take my brother in.
    1. Is your brother contributing to any of the household expenses? If not, he should. If he doesn't make enough money to do that, he should get another job like you have done.

2. Where do you see yourself in 2-3 years? If you see yourself in a better situation, your current situation doesn't matter because you'll get over it. So don't dwell on it.