onyichi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Right Glutes Not Working

So I'm trying to build hips and a butt however my right glute doesn't activate like my left. I don't really feel anything.

I don't go to a gym. I can't afford a gym. I work out from home since I have weights and all but right now I'm using body weight and will soon be adding resistance bands.

Any idea on why my right glute isn't activating? What can I do to make it activate? I also noticed my left leg is my dominate leg. Whenever I do workouts/run I always start with my left.
    I have an instagram: http://instagram.com/onyi_chi

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    What exercises are you doing and how long have you been training your hips/butt?

It's possible not to feel much if there's not as much development on your right side, but that doesn't mean it's not activating. If you're doing both sides at once, it's possible your left/dominant side is doing more of the work.

If you're not isolating it, then do single leg/side exercises - if your right side is performing the motion the glute is likely activating even if you don't feel much. And give it time if you just started, you may not see significant gains until after several months.

onyichi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hip thrusts,, back extensions, squats, hip abduction, things like that. But I haven't been doing it for long (literally began last week with 1 set). I noticed immediately that my left leg was definitely doing all the work so trying to shift it to my right has been challenging. I'm just afraid of doing the exercises and having one butt cheek larger than the other lol

I'll focus more on single-leg workouts then! Thank you!
    I have an instagram: http://instagram.com/onyi_chi