NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Question How Long Does It Take To Get Good @ Singing? (96k)

Singerbrahs your help would be greatly appreciated.

How long does it take to get good at singing and what exercises should one do if they are starting out? Also how long should I do the exercises? I have all the time in the world, so feel free to recommend me the maximum amount of time that is actually beneficial, don't have any problems sticking to things.

Cheers and hope you brahs have a great day!

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Singing is all genetics .. you can't learn to sing if you inherited a chit voice dude

NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NVious has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    Singing is all genetics .. you can't learn to sing if you inherited a chit voice dude
    From my research, it's just the opposite, but why do you say that? Did you sing for a while?

WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000) WestOz is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NVious View Post
    From my research, it's just the opposite, but why do you say that? Did you sing for a while?
    Nah I have a terrible voice. It just seems like all good singers have at least 1 parent that has a good voice too.

Originally Posted by WestOz View Post
    Nah I have a terrible voice. It just seems like all good singers have at least 1 parent that has a good voice too.
    I think that's the case, obv to be the Adeles of the world u gotta have it innately, but from what I've researched, to get good to where normies are mirin it's something doable by everyone, could be wrong though.

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...oXNba2CYCRQJGw

Depends how much time/effort you put in.
    *Official Misc Photography Crew *

Pain is temporary. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?
    ― Lance Armstrong

Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses. - Mark Rippetoe

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc4...oXNba2CYCRQJGw

Depends how much time/effort you put in.
    I can put in an hour daily no problem, more if need be. Is that enough?

wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    do you know how to harmonise op? people have told me im a good singer and all i do is harmonise

PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000) PumkinPie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    3, sometimes 4 shots
    Brunettes > Blondes

Originally Posted by wooosh3 View Post
    do you know how to harmonise op? people have told me im a good singer and all i do is harmonise
    No I don't know anything, maybe you can teach me and I'll tell u what books to read?

propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) propreffered7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You suck an exhaust pipe phaggot. The black smoke hits your vocal cords and suddenly you can hit deeper notes that sound like youre carrying 20 lb drums for testicles

Manlet Extraordinaire jmelanson's Avatar
    jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jmelanson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I can put in an hour daily no problem, more if need be. Is that enough?
    As long as you're not straining your vocal chords, you can sing as much as you want. An hour a day is good though yes. Just like a golfer has to go to the driving range, a singer needs to do the exercises in that youtube channel I shared to get better. Once you're doing it for a while, I would recommend finding a good vocal coach if you're serious about getting good.

Singing is great for the soul!

Oh and to the guy that said singing is genetics; bullsh!t. As long as you can hear you're off key, you can sing. Just like anything (sports, etc..) to get good, it takes time and practice.

Good luck on your journey OP!
    *Official Misc Photography Crew *

Pain is temporary. If I quit, however, it lasts forever. So when I feel like quitting, I ask myself, which would I rather live with?
    ― Lance Armstrong

Accumulating injuries are the price we pay for the thrill of not having sat around on our asses. - Mark Rippetoe

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) aleeboy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can be coachable up to "you don't sound awful" if you weren't born a good singer.

Don't bet on yourself having the ladies throwing their drenched panties at you when you next take the karaoke mic if you weren't born with singing credentials.

Originally Posted by jmelanson View Post
    As long as you're not straining your vocal chords, you can sing as much as you want. An hour a day is good though yes. Just like a golfer has to go to the driving range, a singer needs to do the exercises in that youtube channel I shared to get better. Once you're doing it for a while, I would recommend finding a good vocal coach if you're serious about getting good.

Singing is great for the soul!

Oh and to the guy that said singing is genetics; bullsh!t. As long as you can hear you're off key, you can sing. Just like anything (sports, etc..) to get good, it takes time and practice.

Good luck on your journey OP!
    Thank you sir, I will do just that, how do I know if I'm straining my vocal chords though?

Also repped ya!

Originally Posted by aleeboy View Post
    You can be coachable up to "you don't sound awful" if you weren't born a good singer.

Don't bet on yourself having the ladies throwing their drenched panties at you when you next take the karaoke mic if you weren't born with singing credentials.
    I just love music in general, believe me there is no problem there,

believe me

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could become a screamo or grunge singer without a lot of training. You may destroy your vocal cords in a few years, but you could pump out a hit or two.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz redraider86 has the mod powerz
    Thank you sir, I will do just that, how do I know if I'm straining my vocal chords though?
    General tension, usually in the jaw or throat, often the muscles associated with swallowing. You can sort of feel this by lightly putting your fingers on the front of your larynx (the voice box/adam's apple) and swallowing - you will probably feel the larynx rise as you swallow, and lower when you release the swallow. This lower, released position is generally considered the most ideal for singing - not shoved down, but a sort of naturally low position. When engaging these muscles while you sing, you won't achieve this, and you'll subsequently feel tension and tire out your voice much more quickly than normal.

Practice moving the muscular activity down to your lower breathing mechanism (abs, diaphragm, intercostal muscles, etc.) rather than in your throat, which helps you control your breath and also gives you vocal cords enough air to vibrate freely without needing to tense in the throat or jaw.

Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700 Mansion700
    Ken Tamplin Vocal Academy is pretty helpful
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6x...tXDEvLDDFWlLvA

🥋 A Karate Kid age 60 Samraiwise's Avatar
    Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Samraiwise has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For yourself in no time but for your audience, it may take forever.

⭐ Samurai Break: 140kg(308lb) Failed Bench Press Recovery Video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8eIkpZ29u0
    ⭐ Over 35 Training Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=4832373
    📌 Please Call me Kaz, a 60-year-old 🥋 Karate Kid in Tokyo.

Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your voice may be genetic, but anyone can sing well as long as you train your voice. Just find a singer who's notes you're comfortable hitting and just sing. Sing whenever you can: Shower, car ride, etc. Join a gospel choir if you're in a church. Record yourself every now and then. It sucks to get used to, but you have to be able to critique your voice. Don't worry about a range you weren't born to hit, get good in the range you're naturally in. You think if Barry White wanted to sing "Back at One" he'd try to hit Brian's notes? Of course not, he'd sing at a lower octave and do it his way.

Everyone can sing as long as they want to put the effort in. As for a time frame, I have no idea. I always sang along with my mom since I was a kid, so I don't know how long it took me to be decent at it.
    ***The Misadventures of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 450x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dick Crew***
    ***Black Crew***
    ***High Test Crew***
    ****King of the Misc****
    ****2019 Aesthetics Crew****

OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OffwhiteBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    *Muzzle has entered the chat*

RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RudeKong is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you have the money I'd highly encourage getting lessons. At 10-15 lessons. The worst thing you can do is not learn the fundamentals correctly as well as how to practice properly. If you really want to get better faster, taking lessons from someone with 10+ years of experience is more than worth it. After that going the self taught route will be a lot easier.
    hard to hate on a fellow wings fan but....

i need to cut... badly.

MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MerlinPecs has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I have pretty much 0 talent, mid range voice and striving for Ivan Moody higher range like the song Cold wish me luck boyos

iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500) iBeard is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    You can absolutely become a good singer given persistent focused practice. Think of it as weight training. You start off with a very weak range of maybe 1.5 - 2 octaves. Through exercises you will strengthen that range as well as push against it to develop it into a larger range. Excellent control of your breath through diaphragmatic breathing a large part of singing. It is one of the key things that will give you a good base to sing off of.

A good teacher would probably be the best starting point. They will find your starting range and teach you how to breathe. From there you will learn how to place notes in your face. Each note has steps (envision piano keys but extending from the top of your head down to your throat. Exercises will strengthen the intervals (semitones, whole notes, up a fifth, down a fourth, etc) Practice enough and you might surprise yourself with stylistic stuff like vibrato or getting a really gravely tone. Good luck.

wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) wooosh3 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No I don't know anything, maybe you can teach me and I'll tell u what books to read?
    i'd like to teach you but i know fuk all about singing and i feel like im only good at singing cause of my genetics lmao