naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10) naguala is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Best exercises for the upper part of the buttocks?

Hi girls

the botton muscles of my butt have developed but the superior muscles of my glutes have not evolved. What would be some exercises to target the upper area of the butt?

Thanks

NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000) NerdyLady is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by naguala View Post
    Hi girls

the botton muscles of my butt have developed but the superior muscles of my glutes have not evolved. What would be some exercises to target the upper area of the butt?

Thanks
    For the gluteus medius:

https://www.bsrphysicaltherapy.com/2...s-5-exercises/
    I am one of the 3%.
    I am one of the 1 in 8.
    www.metavivor.org
    www.metavivor.org/take-action/why-we-need-you

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Full-depth squats and deadlifts.
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

KatimmuraRMT has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

EMG results

EMG shows that for most people the upper glutes get the most activation from barbell hip thrusts (134.0), followed by seated band hip abductions (93.9), then cable hip rotations (83.9).

Few other popular exercises/recommendations:
    Clamshells (70.6)
    High step ups (72.0)
    Single leg hip thrusts (66.9)
    Deadlifts (81.5)
    Full squats (27.8)

fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) fitfanatic123 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lateral movements hit the upper glutes the most for me.... side lying hip raises, x-band walks, cable abductions, lying abductions, rotary band twists, etc..

UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50) UK44 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    [QUOTE=NerdyLady;1590168351]For the gluteus medius:

i have checked this site its realy amazing thanks for sharing such an informative site

DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) DaRealBigMike has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by naguala View Post
    Hi girls

Thanks
    Because I've seen s*** about it from actual trainers, I will say that I'm in your favor that there is supposedly an upper and lower gluteus maximus--Bret Contreras uses this terminology so I'm siding with him--his studies show that "donkey kicks" and "hip thrusts" target the upper area the best. Hip thrusts have highest activation during an isometric state. If you are only doing donkey kicks, I will say that ankle weights are pretty much necessary - 20lb adjustables are good.

Deadlifts and squats are great exercises for overall glute growth, imo, though squats will give you mostly "lower" glute activation.
    From my understanding, the gluteus medius is the side of the buttocks. Supposedly, enhancing the gluteus medius will give you a "lift" to your booty. Exercises that target the gluteus medius are mostly only lateral raises (lateral movements would be where your legs move outward from your point of view (where a donkey kick would be backwards). Lateral movements with your legs perpendicular to your torso (90 degrees or acute, actually - like how one would be with a hip abduction machine) are the best at targetting the gluteus medius. medium.com/@SandCResearch/how-should-we-train-the-gluteus-maximus-ac35d1bd3c39

I'll let you in on a little secret too... strategically placing HIIT Sprints as an occasional workout will send your glutes to another level. The first time you try them, you'll know what I'm talking about ... you just seriously need to "SPRINT" each sprint ... t-nation.com/training/dispelling-the-glute-myth
    Last edited by DaRealBigMike; 09-12-2020 at 10:53 AM.

MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500) MarieJasmine is not very helpful. (-500)
    Here are some of the exercises that I perform for the upper Butts and glutes.
    Barbell Hip Thrust
    Glute and Hamstring Extensions
    Luges with Arm Reaches
    The STep ups
    Floor Jacks
    The Uni-Leg Chair Squat
    Quadruped Hip Extensions
    Lunge Jump
    Sets and Reps depends upon your endurance, So I do each with 15 reps of 2-4 sets once a week and it had benefited me alot.
    There are many others but these exercises that I have mentioned are the best amongst the others.

Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Janina5309 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What everyone else is saying, minus squats, deadlifts, and hip thrusts. You are already developed in these muscle groups. However, isometric holds at the very tippity top of your hip thrusts will definitely help, would be even better with a barbell glute bridge. The abduction exercises will definitely help, abducting to the side but back a little (as if you were skating), will activate the glute medius and minimus.