moeosb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I need nutritional advice

So here is a brief background of my story: Two months ago I used to weigh 107 kg and that is when I started my weight loss journey. My target is to shred and build muscles at the same time. My weight loss program includes doing body beast videos with 6 days a week targeting a specific group of muscles (beast arm, beast shoulders, beast chest, etc. video workouts) everyday. As far as for my diet I'm doing 18:6 intermittent fasting, I consume all of my meals between 12 pm and 6 pm then I go and workout at 8 pm. I'm also following a ketogenic diet with low calorie intake. An example of my average day would be 1200 calories with 107 g/day of proteins and the rest of my calories would go to fat intake and less than 50g of carbs. As far as for my weight loss I'm progressing really well today I've hit 89 kg and my waistline is getting smaller.

Now here is where I am struggling, lately I haven't been able to complete my workouts and I feel that my low carb intake is hindering my muscle building progress. Is there any suggestions on how I can change my above diet plan so I can workout more efficiently and build muscle but at the same time stick to my keto diet?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Well you can't raise your carb intake and stick to a keto diet.

But you can raise your carb intake and meet the same calorie deficit - which will results in the same weight loss.

Having said that, it sounds like you are trying to lose weight too fast so the lack of energy is down to the high deficit, adding carbs may not help. You may well be losing muscle - or soon will be. We don't recommend trying to lose more than 1% of bodyweight per week.

Thanks for replying back to me. I was wondering if I was to raise my carb intake. Is there any particular timing (i.e. a certain amount of hours before my workout) I should my high carb meal so I can have enough glycogen storage in my muscles ready for my workout? And what is the recommended amount of carbs I should follow in that case?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Well you can't raise your carb intake and stick to a keto diet.

But you can raise your carb intake and meet the same calorie deficit - which will results in the same weight loss.

Having said that, it sounds like you are trying to lose weight too fast so the lack of energy is down to the high deficit, adding carbs may not help. You may well be losing muscle - or soon will be. We don't recommend trying to lose more than 1% of bodyweight per week.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    I would add 150g of carb and 50g of protein. This takes you to around 2000 calories - you should still lose weight albeit more slowly but now you might be able to make progress in the gym and avoid muscle loss. Maybe even gain some.

Timing is not that important but you can put it an hour or so before the workout if you want.

Thank you very much, I appreciate it. I’ll implement your advice for the next month hopefully I get some real gains.