Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BFast55 View Post
    *citation needed*
    For what exactly?

https://www.epi.org/publication/amer...qual-growth-2/

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tan...d-for-decades/

https://www.cbpp.org/research/povert...ome-inequality

Are republicans just resorting to "lalala I can't hear you" at this stage?
    "What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power" - Henry George

Yang Gang

not actually 49

messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OPGenesis View Post
    The sad thing is all that money that the rich saved from lower taxes wasn't invested in industry and production, it was placed into stock buy-backs, further rigging the over-valued stock market, and increasing the wealth gap even more.

Imagine the rich paying less taxes than Joe the Plumber, and the government running record breaking deficits lmao.

Not only has Trump's little tax cut scheme fuk over the little guy, he has been crying for the Fed to continue with rate cuts and QE, further weakening the purchasing power of the dollar.

Who benefits from a weaker dollar? THE RICH.

The only thing Trump will be remembered for is his tax cuts, large deficits, and a bloated military budget.

all of their money is taken out of circulation in tax havens like panama etc.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinbusiness View Post
    While I agree in theory taxes should be lower, I believes there’s a middle ground.

Problem is that liberals want to tax the richest into oblivion and they stupidly assume they’ll just take it - that money will just go offshore and be invested in businesses abroad
    I agree. isingmodel believes that decades old economics works in our current world. Prior to Trump taking office, many very wealthy people and major corporations have money offshore - those corporations are domiciled in countries such as Ireland. Why? Because the business taxes in the US for corporation were the highest in the world. Some, but not all of that money has come back to more friendly taxation.

We all should be aware now that there is an exodus of wealthy people and corporations moving from New York, New Jersey, Connecticut and California to States such as Florida and Texas for tax relief. This will continue until and if Florida and Texas become blue, God forbid. So, if democrats make doing business in the US hostile again by raising taxes, it is true, as backinbusiness said, hundreds of billions will go back offshore.

isingmodel can quote statistics all he wants, but in real life and current life as opposed to decades ago, the wealthy and corporations are more sophisticated and those higher taxes that the democrats preach will transform our economy and make us all more equal, will not happen.

I am not opposed to tax reform, such as a progressive/flat tax hybrid, but the wealthy already pays 80% of the taxes and to alienate any segment of the population will have consequences that need to be seriously considered. The top 1 percent paid the highest effective income tax rate at about 27%.

In 2016, the top 1% of taxpayers accounted for more income taxes paid than the bottom 90% combined. The top 1% of taxpayers paid 37.3% of all income taxes, while the bottom 90% paid about 30.5% of all income taxes.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought we were talking about Bezos, now you pivot to Amazon. Which is it?
    Is Amazon a living, breathing entity? Did it create itself?

Does Amazon, the company, decide what it does with the revenue it saves from paying no taxes or do the executives running the company decide what to do?

Who benefits from Amazon paying to federal income tax?

Who has ultimate authority over Amazon's operations? Amazon? A person? Who?

Shyt is getting real philosophical right now.
    39He went a little farther on, threw himself face downward on the ground, and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, take this cup of suffering from me! Yet not what I want, but what you want.”

Matthew 26:39

I cry because my heart is torn. I find it difficult to carry on.

- Tupac Shakur

BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by isingmodel View Post
    Care to cite anything specific from your sources that back up your hyperbole?
    Where do they say we are living in a fiefdom? Were does it say that Americans aren't enjoying the highest living standards in history?
    ***Alabama Crimson Tide***

"Luck is when preparation meets opportunity." - Vince Lombardi

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just another symptom of the disease

BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BFast55 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is Amazon a living, breathing entity? Did it create itself?

Does Amazon, the company, decide what it does with the revenue it saves from paying no taxes or do the executives running the company decide what to do?

Who benefits from Amazon paying to federal income tax?

Who has ultimate authority over Amazon's operations? Amazon? A person? Who?

Shyt is getting real philosophical right now.
    This is a lame excuse for being economically illiterate.

OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OPGenesis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by messomi View Post
    all of their money is taken out of circulation in tax havens like panama etc.
    Nah, brah.

Shyt just trickles down.

lol.
    39He went a little farther on, threw himself face downward on the ground, and prayed, “My Father, if it is possible, take this cup of suffering from me! Yet not what I want, but what you want.”

- Tupac Shakur

This is a lame excuse for being economically illiterate.
    Yup, I am economically illiterate.

IQ of about 13.

So, is Amazon an entity of its own? If I run a business, and taxes are cut, and I save money, is it me that benefits or just my business?

- Tupac Shakur

isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000) isingmodel is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Care to cite anything specific from your sources that back up your hyperbole?
    Where do they say we are living in a fiefdom? Were does it say that Americans aren't enjoying the highest living standards in history?
    You asked me to explain how the wealthy have been siphoning off the country's wealth and I explained it for you, with sources. Your inability to separate your tongue from the *******s of the ultra rich should not be relevant in this discussion.
    "What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power" - Henry George

Yang Gang

not actually 49

Yup, I am economically illiterate.

IQ of about 13.

So, is Amazon an entity of its own? If I run a business, and taxes are cut, and I save money, is it me that benefits or just my business?
    You said Bezos paid 0 in income taxes. Why are you trying to talk about Amazon?

You said Bezos paid 0 in income taxes. Why are you trying to talk about Amazon?
    OK.

So Amazon is an entity of itself.

Got it.

That is all I wanted to know.

- Tupac Shakur

You asked me to explain how the wealthy have been siphoning off the country's wealth and I explained it for you, with sources. Your inability to separate your tongue from the *******s of the ultra rich should not be relevant in this discussion.
    You explained nothing. You googled sources and threw them up. You didn't even read them.
    Please quote passages from sources that prove "the rich are siphoning away money" and that we now live in another "fiefdom".

OK.

So Amazon is an entity of itself.

Got it.

That is all I wanted to know.
    So no comment on Bezos? You said it, not me. Don't go hiding from your statements now.

Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by DukeOfWoodBerry View Post
    Evidence that lower tax rates for billionaires spurs the economy?

Are you aware of the law of diminishing marginal utility? That's the reason a progressive tax system makes sense.
    The word progressive never makes sense, more like regressive.

Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Dave22reborn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    What's stopping you from living the dream?

Originally Posted by Dave22reborn View Post
    What's stopping you from living the dream?
    Not being able to back up statements for one. Employers tend to frown on that sort of thing.

EDIT: Notice how they suddenly stopped posting.

You explained nothing. You googled sources and threw them up. You didn't even read them.
    Please quote passages from sources that prove "the rich are siphoning away money" and that we now live in another "fiefdom".
    -Large increases in productivity and GDP
    -Little to no increases in real wages for the majority of Americans
    -No increase in purchasing power for the majority of Americans
    -Most new income generated accrued by a fraction of the top 1%
    -Income inequality at historic highs
    -Americans for the first time have less than 50% chance of earning more than their parents

It's not that difficult, champ. The only question is whether you think this is a problem to be addressed, or you're going to remain a vacuous puppet for the ultra wealthy your whole life.

Yang Gang

not actually 49

messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) messomi has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nah, brah.

Shyt just trickles down.

lol.

money goes up
    poop comes down

and when it lands on your head you are supposed to say thanks for the hat mister.

-Americans for the first time have less than 50% chance of earning more than their parents

It's not that difficult, champ. The only question is whether you think this is a problem to be addressed, or you're going to remain a vacuous puppet for the ultra wealthy your whole life.
    What part of citing exact passages from your sources is so difficult? You've proven that you can't be trusted not to editorialize facts. Try reading your own sources and post exact quotes backing up your opinions. This is basic HS level term paper stuff. Shouldn't be difficult.

Your claims: "the rich are siphoning off money" (Of course you don't ever indicate how or by what means this is happening. So you might want to start by explaining how such a thing could be possible.)

Claim #2: That we live in a "fiefdom" (Again, you fail to explain this. You also failed to draw comparisons to today and actual historical fiefdoms where the peasant classes worked the land and whatnot.)

Claim #3: Jeff Bezos pays 0 income taxes.

Basically you've talked yourself into several corners with your leftwing platitudes. You've got a lot of explaining to do, if you want me to take you seriously.

Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Scorpion613 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I agree, but how will taxing the ultra rich more money fix any of that? The additional tax revenue will generate more money for social programs, for the poor (who will mostly continue to remain poor due to their life decisions). In addition to that, you will motivate the rich to move more of their money offshore to avoid the tax increase. Less money in the US, means less growth potential for US businesses and our economy.

IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SillieBazzillie View Post
    Scrape up those crumbs quickly boyo. Don't want to offend your elite masters with your serf presence.
    Couldn't the same be said for you soyboys and your liberal leaders. You think its ok for the govt to steal money from individuals/corporations in order to have a larger pile of money to make deals that line politician's pockets. I'd much rather have citizens/corporations holding on to their money than allow Joe Biden to be able to use it to bribe other countries to protect his son's crimes.

IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) IAMBEE is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Our wages went up 12% in the last 2 years under King Don.

Originally Posted by Scorpion613 View Post
    I agree, but how will taxing the ultra rich more money fix any of that? The additional tax revenue will generate more money for social programs, for the poor (who will mostly continue to remain poor due to their life decisions). In addition to that, you will motivate the rich to move more of their money offshore to avoid the tax increase. Less money in the US, means less growth potential for US businesses and our economy.
    A simple dive into how lottery winners end up years later is a good case study in how the poor will always be poor no matter how much money you hand them.

What part of citing exact passages from your sources is so difficult? You've proven that you can't be trusted not to editorialize facts. Try reading your own sources and post exact quotes backing up your opinions. This is basic HS level term paper stuff. Shouldn't be difficult.

Your claims: "the rich are siphoning off money" (Of course you don't ever indicate how or by what means this is happening. So you might want to start by explaining how such a thing could be possible.)

Claim #2: That we live in a "fiefdom" (Again, you fail to explain this. You also failed to draw comparisons to today and actual historical fiefdoms where the peasant classes worked the land and whatnot.)

Claim #3: Jeff Bezos pays 0 income taxes.

Basically you've talked yourself into several corners with your leftwing platitudes. You've got a lot of explaining to do, if you want me to take you seriously.

Meanwhile, wage gains have gone largely to the highest earners. Since 2000, usual weekly wages have risen 3% (in real terms) among workers in the lowest tenth of the earnings distribution and 4.3% among the lowest quarter. But among people in the top tenth of the distribution, real wages have risen a cumulative 15.7%, to $2,112 a week – nearly five times the usual weekly earnings of the bottom tenth ($426).

https://academic.oup.com/cje/article/37/4/921/1712745

Wage stagnation and heightened inequality generated three dynamics that made the economy vulnerable to systemic dysfunction. First, consumption was constrained, reducing profitable investment potential in the real economy and encouraging an ever-wealthier elite to flood financial markets with credit, helping keep interest rates low, stimulating the creation of new credit instruments, greater indebtedness and speculation. The second dynamic is that consumption externalities were generated, forcing households to struggle harder to maintain the welfare of their families and their relative social status, resulting in plummeting household saving, ever-greater indebtedness and longer work hours. The third dynamic is that as the rich took larger shares of income and wealth, they gained more command over ideology and hence politics, resulting in tax cuts for the rich, reduced welfare for the poor and deregulation.
    I shouldn't have to write your uneducated ass a term paper on here. All this data is easily accessible and uncontroversial, and you were provided with detailed sources (which further cite several other sources) that you have to read thoroughly. The economics of the 1980s onwards, which have all been focused on tax cuts for the wealthiest, deregulation, weakening labour unions and workers protections, have all led to an economy that works primarily for the wealthy and not for everyone else. You being unable to grapple with fundamental reality is your own problem, not any of ours.

Yang Gang

not actually 49

I shouldn't have to write your uneducated ass a term paper on here. All this data is easily accessible and uncontroversial, and you were provided with detailed sources (which further cite several other sources) that you have to read thoroughly. You being unable to grapple with fundamental reality is your own problem, not any of ours.

you are wasting your time here he is going to counter with something retarded regardless of what you post.

purchasing power is an absolute fact it's the reason why people could survive with one wage years ago.
    Last edited by messomi; 10-21-2019 at 08:15 AM.

x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) x-trainer ben has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The real question is how much or what percentage??

"Some, but not all of that money has come back to more friendly taxation."
    Nah Psyops doesn't work on me.
    The easiest way to tell when an argument has no merit is when the protagonist mixes in some personal insults.

Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000) Ten_Hearts is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Techriding101 View Post
    Doesnt the top 1% already pay like 80% of the taxes?

Our government had a spending problem. Even when taxes go up it just will be funneled back to their friends/political cronies.
    I mean the own more wealth then the bottom 90% so that would kind of make sense and a large portion of total income. And they can both be problems.

I shouldn't have to write your uneducated ass a term paper on here. All this data is easily accessible and uncontroversial, and you were provided with detailed sources (which further cite several other sources) that you have to read thoroughly. You being unable to grapple with fundamental reality is your own problem, not any of ours.
    LMAO, only a liberal would think they aren't responsible for backing up their own claims.

I gotta give you credit, after several posts, you FINALLY did what I asked. Here's the thing...Notice anything off about your citations? Maybe the fact that they have nothing to do with your original claims? (the the US is a feudal state) (Rich people are "siphoning" off money from an as yet unnamed entity through unspecified means)

Originally Posted by messomi View Post
    you are wasting your time here he is going to counter with something retarded regardless of what you post.

purchasing power is an absolute fact it's the reason why could survive with one wage years ago.
    Note how this is not addressing the original claims. This is called a deflection. Imagine my shock when he posted a graph showing that the rich have more money than the rest of the country. Hard hitting stuff.