Thread: Basketball/Gym

Topaz121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Basketball/Gym

So i have been doing a push pull split program like since august and i started really getting into fitness and starting watching a lot of videos about recovery time,hypertrophy basically anything to learn more
    And i now have started doing basketball along with my fitness and iam kinda interested in basketball as like the main goal for me like to be better in it
    So i have a lot of freakin questions about like how iam supposed to switch up my plan to fit my basketball schedchule
    Am i allowed to go to the gym and maybe like do legs on lets say monday and then go outside later on in the day and do a shootaround a bit more of an intense one? Or will that like affect my protein synthesis and just kill the whole process because iam supposed to let the muscle rest right?
    Also am i allowed to do cardio on the same day that i have basketball practice on?
    If i maybe do an upper body split or something like that and then go to basketball practice is that bad?
    Like i have no idea how to put this all together so iam looking for a lot of help
    Thanks guys

TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    there is nothing to put together. just go to the gym. just go play basketball. i dont get it? break down protein synthesis? please.

only thing that might change is your legs might be too sore to play sometimes, just switch around your leg days.
    "Get Better Today" - Russel Orhii

So it doesnt matter if i for example have basketball training on monday and then go work legs the day after that?

Originally Posted by TopHeavyMirin View Post
    there is nothing to put together. just go to the gym. just go play basketball. i dont get it? break down protein synthesis? please.

only thing that might change is your legs might be too sore to play sometimes, just switch around your leg days.
    I mean doesnt that like mean if iam doing leg day on monday and training on tuesday doesnt that mean iam breaking down the same muscle over and over?

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LeBron James does a lot of squats and he still seems able to play not so badly. Take TopHeavyMirin advice on this

My 2 cents is.. just be clear in your head which sport is your first priority and which comes second. Make a choice and manage any conflicts that might come up based on that

(Before anyone mentions he does weird high bar half squats, not powerlifting style... Don't forget he's not a powerlifter)

ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50) ChesticleGainz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you like playing basketball and lifting, then do both without worrying about it. If it's too much to handle, your body will let you know. You're probably young enough that it won't affect your lifting, unless you get injured playing basketball.

TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Topaz121 View Post
    I mean doesnt that like mean if iam doing leg day on monday and training on tuesday doesnt that mean iam breaking down the same muscle over and over?
    its a different type of breakdown but all im saying is dont train legs on your basketball days or you will be sore as a mf. dont worry too much about it, nearly everybody i know plays sports with lifting .
    "Get Better Today" - Russel Orhii