DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weak BP compared to pec dec fly -weak triceps or something else?

According to strengthlevel.com, my pec dec fly is in the 74th percentile, but my bench press is only in the 40th percentile.

Does such a big gap between these two exercises necessarily mean my triceps are weak, or could there be some other weakness?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DieselYeah View Post
    According to strengthlevel.com, my pec dec fly is in the 74th percentile, but my bench press is only in the 40th percentile.

Does such a big gap between these two exercises necessarily mean my triceps are weak, or could there be some other weakness?
    Pec dec machines are not standardized, due to different sized pulleys, different leverages, impart different effective weights. Attempting to use pec dec as a standard for fitness evaluation really isn't advisable. Instead, rely more on bench press as a gauge of your strength, as that is a standard exercise.

There are a lot of programs for getting a bigger benchpress. It may also be a technique/form issue.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could just be because nobody really tries to find their most proficient pec deck fly. A lot of people know their benching capabilities.

DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DieselYeah has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    FWIW, with the bench press I do pretty okay in both the first and last part of the push, it's the middle where I struggle. I don't know whether that says which muscles are the problem.

rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100) rexfrommex is not very well liked. (-100)
    FWIW, with the bench press I do pretty okay in both the first and last part of the push, it's the middle where I struggle. I don't know whether that says which muscles are the problem.
    stop comparing yourself to some website and just improve your lifts. you struggle in the middle because that's where the muscles are used the most when you actually have to push the weight a substantial distance, this is really just common sense
    Trump 2020

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    More likely a technical weakness than a muscle one
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee