jakebader is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bench Press Help

Hi guys, ive been lifting properly for under a year now, and was just wondering whether my bench press grip is optimum for both chest and tricep hypertrophy. I feel iam strongest and most comfortable with this grip but am not sure whether it is the most appropriate for the goal of developing pecs and triceps. I was just wondering if my grip is good foir my goals, thanks ))

h ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfgnFN_pgA

remove space in the link cos it wont let me post sorry
    EDIT NEW LINK SORY OLD ONE WASNT WORKING
    Last edited by jakebader; 10-21-2019 at 03:24 AM.

FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) FatBallz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Generally speaking, a wider grip will focus on your pecs more. Using a narrower grip will move emphasis to your triceps. You should be able to feel the difference as well.
    Calls 'em like I sees 'em Crew
    Suomalainen Crew
    Feels like a manlet around Amazonian women Crew
    Gets turned on when looking in the mirror Crew

Ah OK, so considering my grip width would u say it is optimum for chest and Tricep growth so not too wide and not too narrow?

Is the link working?

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jakebader View Post
    Is the link working?
    I tried to embed and it wouldn’t work. You done goofed
    Make Misc great again

Try now with this link

h ttps://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MLfgnFN_pgA

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Would be better to be able to see your entire set up. Your hip and torso were wobbling quite a bit on that last rep.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Iam doing bench tomorrow so I'll do an entire setup video. In terms of grip width, is that OK?

BoolinOnMars is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    One thing I could say is that if you want more hypertrophy, I'd focus more on the intensity of the reps instead of just the grip. I'm not sure if that was you in the video benching, but that is a damn strong bench if it was you btw. But like I was saying, incorporating a pause and slow concentric portion would really burn out the muscle and lead to some serious mass gains, and don't worry about your grip, that seems to be a good grip to me man.

Originally Posted by BoolinOnMars View Post
    One thing I could say is that if you want more hypertrophy, I'd focus more on the intensity of the reps instead of just the grip. I'm not sure if that was you in the video benching, but that is a damn strong bench if it was you btw. But like I was saying, incorporating a pause and slow concentric portion would really burn out the muscle and lead to some serious mass gains, and don't worry about your grip, that seems to be a good grip to me man.
    thanks bro, that was me benching, and yh I definitely will start doing a slower concentric and maybe a pause. appreciate the advice man

thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebiceppump has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    its a small bit too narrow. going a bit wider will help. your forearms should form by completely vertical to the floor. o