Thread: Starting Over??

Niikkiiii is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Starting Over??

Okay guys, so I'm having some trouble. LONG POST AHEAD.

Last summer (not this one, not sure how to write that, lol.), I managed to lose 10 pounds, and according to my scale, I lost fat and gained muscle. At this point I wasn't really tracking calories but I was looking leaner etc. This was in 3 months.

Since then I have gained the weight back and I'm struggling with losing it again. I've been working out at least 4 times a week and have been making an attempt to count my calories. I guess I'm still eating in a surplus, so I guess I'm also answering my own question. But I'm not sure where I'm going wrong and where I went right over the summer, lol. I didn't have class, and I think I didn't eat until maybe 10 ish or 11 AM, so maybe I was fasting.

Not new to lifting, and I think maybe I can add some cardio into my routine.

My gym routine and macros below:

M: Legs

T: Rest

W: Push

R: Pull

F: Legs

Sat/Sun either yoga or body works or a zumba class. Maybe I could do the stairmaster instead or something.

Calories and Macros:

Carbs: 208g

Protein: 116g

Fat: 62g

I've been surprisingly good with my macros. I don't hit them perfectly everytime but I get pretty close and I don't run extremely over. I guess my problem is calories overall.

I try to eat in a surplus on Friday as sort of a refeed day. Maybe I shouldn't but leg days I go pretty hard. My strength is also doing good upper body wise, which hasn't been the case so far for me.

I'm 5'6 and I'm at 182 pounds.

Any advice or tips would be greatly appreciated, sorry for the long post.

Please be nice! Or at least try to, lol.
    Last edited by Niikkiiii; 10-20-2019 at 06:16 AM.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do not need refeed days on Friday. Cut those out. Stick to 1850 calories for 3 weeks straight and then decrease or increase your calories based on results.

Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Maverick2015 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    You do not need refeed days on Friday. Cut those out. Stick to 1850 calories for 3 weeks straight and then decrease or increase your calories based on results.
    Absolutely correct. Those refeed days are killing your progress. Think of it as an average per week. If you absolutely need to do a refeed day then do not eat at surplus, but eat a little more than you normally do up to maintenance at most. I think refeeds sabotage your progress so I wouldn't even do that.
    Was 280+ at the beginning of 2019 (highest recorded weight is 290 on Dec 13, 2018).

Jan 01, 2020...202.0
    Jan 08, 2020...goal is 200.5