Rebecca2412 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie needs help aha

Is my body split good? (my profile says im a male but no. Im an 18 year old girl haha)
    I have been working out for a while and have gotten a bit stronger, yet my progress has kind of stopped. i used to work out three times a week where i would do full body. I learned that muscles like the biceps shouldnt be directly worked more than once or twice a week so now i have created a program based on some of my own stuff and some Athlean-x stuff. Now i want to ask you guys if there is anything i should change about it. Or if i should stick to my OG plan with the full body workout 3x a week.

Monday: Chest and Biceps (forearm)
    - Benchpress (wide grip)
    - Cable crossover
    - Drag curl
    - Bicep curl
    - wrist curls
    - Pushups
    Missing anything?

Tuesday: Legs and abs
    planning on doing it at home. Some squat variations, situps and other bodyweight exercises

Wednesday: Back and Triceps
    -Pullups/ chinups
    - Tricep pushdowns (variations with tilting body back)
    - Lat machine
    - Benchpress (close grip)
    - dumbbell row
    - skull crusher

Thursdag:
    same as tuesday

Friday: Shoulders and traps
    - Lateral raise
    - Face pull
    - wrist curl
    - overhead press
    - dumbbell row
    - Front delt raise
    - Delt Flyes
    And then rest-day saturday and sunday with some cardio or something

air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rebecca2412 View Post
    I have been working out for a while and have gotten a bit stronger, yet my progress has kind of stopped. i used to work out three times a week where i would do full body.
    How long is "a while" and what was your actual FB workout? Your progress stalling could depend on a lot of things, like your specific routine or simply not eating enough to keep gaining muscle.

I learned that muscles like the biceps shouldnt be directly worked more than once or twice a week
    This is not true, although your routine/volume should take into consideration how often you're working out each muscle group per week.

INow i want to ask you guys if there is anything i should change about it. Or if i should stick to my OG plan with the full body workout 3x a week.
    Kind of need to know your specific FB routine to decide but assuming it's a decent, thought out routine you should go back to it if the only two choices are your new one or that one. If you designed the FB routine yourself, there may be issues w/ that one too though.

You've moved to a modified bro split where other than legs/abs, you're only hitting muscle groups 1x/week. This is not ideal as you'll want to hit muscles at least 2x/week for growth and progress, esp as a beginner. Some of your exercises are also placed on the wrong days.

If you want to move to a 4 or 5-day routine you can find much better splits.... don't design one yourself - read the stickies in the Workouts forum. If you want to do a 3-day FB routine, I suggest you don't do one that you designed either.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I personally would follow a training plan as it makes things lot easier as what you have listed is just a random selection of exercises not a full program here is a few which are decently balanced if you are interested:-

https://liftvault.com/programs/stren...m-spreadsheet/ - Strong Curves

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...9172473&page=1 - Allpro

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...2916931&page=1 - Fierce 5

https://atlargenutrition.com/baby-got-back-routine/ - Baby Got Back

Also depending on your goal will depend on your calories and macros so please read this for all the info you will need:-

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001

I highly recommend that you at least train each body part two or three times a week as this has been highlighted as more optimal for most training individuals.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    How long is "a while" and what was your actual FB workout? Your progress stalling could depend on a lot of things, like your specific routine or simply not eating enough to keep gaining muscle.

This is not true, although your routine/volume should take into consideration how often you're working out each muscle group per week.

Kind of need to know your specific FB routine to decide but assuming it's a decent, thought out routine you should go back to it if the only two choices are your new one or that one. If you designed the FB routine yourself, there may be issues w/ that one too though.

You've moved to a modified bro split where other than legs/abs, you're only hitting muscle groups 1x/week. This is not ideal as you'll want to hit muscles at least 2x/week for growth and progress, esp as a beginner. Some of your exercises are also placed on the wrong days.

If you want to move to a 4 or 5-day routine you can find much better splits.... don't design one yourself - read the stickies in the Workouts forum. If you want to do a 3-day FB routine, I suggest you don't do one that you designed either.
    My original workout changed now and then. Ive been working out since the last part of 2017 (ive had some off months tho), but the only progress ive had is in my pushups. I used to be unable to do proper ones, now i can do 8 but ive been stuck on that number for a while. What i would do was something like this. Its not a real FB routine more like an upper body one since i do lower body at home and through my sports:
    5 min walk uphill on the treadmill to warm up
    3 sets of 8 pushups
    3 sets of 12 (would end up on 8 for the last set) on the chestpress machine (25 kg)
    3 sets of 12 cable row (also going down in reps on the last set) (20 or 25 kg)
    3 sets of 12 dumbbel rows (12,5 kg)
    3 sets of 8 or 12 of dumbbell skullcrushers (8 or 9 kg)
    3 sets of 12 tricep pushdowns (27 kg)
    3 sets of 12 bicep curls (97 kg)
    i would usually also do legraises just because haha.

then some days i would add the lat machine and some days (recently everytime) i would do some assisted pullups. Some days i would do the benchpress too. I always take my sets to failure, and i would do this routine monday, wednesday and friday, and then work my legs two other days (i also do horseback riding). But recently i began to question if i was overtraining and began having two rest days between my workout days

And about my quick homewade routine i know some muscles are not directly worked often but fx the bicep. Monday i do direct biceps like curls, but i do hit biceps again by doing the rows, and chinups. But im guessing that isnt enough?
    Last edited by Rebecca2412; 10-19-2019 at 05:41 PM.

I highly recommend that you at least train each body part two or three times a week as this has been highlighted as more optimal for most training individuals.[/QUOTE]

Really? Damn. I thought working fx biceps and triceps 3 times a week was too much

air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500) air2fakie is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    My original workout changed now and then. Ive been working out since the last part of 2017 (ive had some off months tho), but the only progress ive had is in my pushups. ... then some days i would add the lat machine and some days (recently everytime) i would do some assisted pullups. Some days i would do the benchpress too.
    I recommend you get on a proven beginner workout routine rather than continue to design your own. They have built in progression schemes and methods to get past any stalls. Read thru the Workout stickies to get an idea of what other routines look like, and see if you like any of them - also take a look at the other ones hardyboys mentioned.

And the main thing here is to do the routine consistently , if you're taking a month off sometimes, and switching up the routine too often, etc., you can't expect to see progress. And you likely will have to eat slightly more to make sure you can build some muscle mass if that wasn't happening already.

Rebecca2853 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I recommend you get on a proven beginner workout routine rather than continue to design your own. They have built in progression schemes and methods to get past any stalls. Read thru the Workout stickies to get an idea of what other routines look like, and see if you like any of them - also take a look at the other ones hardyboys mentioned.

And the main thing here is to do the routine consistently , if you're taking a month off sometimes, and switching up the routine too often, etc., you can't expect to see progress. And you likely will have to eat slightly more to make sure you can build some muscle mass if that wasn't happening already.
    Ill try and check Them out. Its just so hard to Figure out Which is Best for you. Thats Why Ive not used then since there are soooo Many and i have No idea What works Best.
    So every muscle group should be worked 2x? Even the small ones? Is 3 too much? I heard people say that fx The benchpress shouldnt be done more than once max twice a week?
    And about The off time. During 2017 i was not that commited. Ive Been going consistantly since last part of 2018 till now. Ive not had Any significant strength gains (except The push-up) But not really Any growth tho

Rebecca2853 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Also after looking at The workout programs a lot of Them Seem to be hitting some muscles once Or max twice. Is This enough? It was muscles like biceps and triceps

Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Fitnessdani34 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Rebecca2853 View Post
    Also after looking at The workout programs a lot of Them Seem to be hitting some muscles once Or max twice. Is This enough? It was muscles like biceps and triceps
    If have a muscle that is less developed than the others, then I recommend that you hit it two times a week. The rest once a week. To be even more efficient, start your split with that muscle so you are rested the day before.
    [no advertising external sites - read the forum rules]

Ill try and check Them out. Its just so hard to Figure out Which is Best for you. Thats Why Ive not used then since there are soooo Many and i have No idea What works Best. .... Ive Been going consistantly since last part of 2018 till now. Ive not had Any significant strength gains (except The push-up) But not really Any growth tho
    What you do know is that your own routines you've been doing for almost a year have resulted in just about no progress or growth, while many other ppl have used routines in the stickies and gotten good results. Just pick one, any one - like F5 - and do it for 3-6 months consistently and see if it works.

Why design another on your own? esp since you don't have a built-in progression scheme which is where your progress/growth will come from. Again, keep in mind you also have to be eating enough (incl. protein) if you expect to grow.

So every muscle group should be worked 2x? Even the small ones? Is 3 too much? I heard people say that fx The benchpress shouldnt be done more than once max twice a week?
    I don't know which specific routines you're talking about, but ideally you would hit muscle groups more than once a week. There's no set rules, but usually you'll adjust volume of each workout accordingly depending on how often your hitting certain muscle groups. For ex, a 3-day full body routine might work well for a lot of beginners, but you're not doing a ton of volume for each muscle group per workout.

Keep in mind some beginner routines focus on compound movements and less or no isolations, since that's all you need at that stage to gain strength and grow initially.