Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnyfat88 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A few less of the mediocre PPV's. Stack the ones you have. Personally I'll be way more likely to go out of my way to watch a card if there are multiple fights I want to see and not just one.

Example.

Khabib is one of their biggest stars and Dustin earned his shot but I'm not personally invested in Khabib (and the outcome of his fights are predictable) so despite the fact I acknowledge the fact it's a big fight, the lack of other interesting fights on the card resulted in me not watching the card.

Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mogambo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't care about any of the things you mention OP.

I pay attention to the fights that hold promise of versatile, athletic match ups. A competitive MMA match between two talented fighters has no equal in sports. There is nothing you can compare to a fighter coming in with a game plan, executing it and having it succeed only to have his opponent adjust to it and counter that and gain momentum. All the while you have the potential of getting put to sleep via strikes or submission.

armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies armies
    Originally Posted by markkillerings View Post
    How do some of you still watch this sport? It's so stale. The only thing really holding it up was Connor McGregor. But since he exposed himself as a ghetto thug, I don't know how anybody can still cheer for that degenerate. And I say that as a former fan of his.

The heavy weight champ is somebody who only won the belt because DC is past his prime. And regardless, Jon Jones is better than DC and would have beat his azz at any weight. Speaking of Jon Jones, is he in trouble with the law again?

The middle weight belt means nothing. It's going to be a revolving door division.

Covington is the only thing interesting going on at the moment. UFC better pray Kamaru "Woodley 2.0" Usman doesn't win.

Kabib is a good champ. But he's not bringing in fans other than probably Muslims.

Does anybody care about the lighter weights?

Does anybody care about the women's division other than Nunez?

I give you guys props for still caring about mma. I used to be a big fan of the sport. Will tune in once in a while to see if I'm missing anything. Nope. Still the boring, unevolved sport I remember when I stopped caring. I think Fedor is fighting Rampage and might watch that. But it's a novelty fight and that's all mma is worth these days.
    You are wrong, the UFC and MMA in general is still awesome
    See the curtains hangin' in the window, in the evenin' on a Friday night
    A little light a-shinin' through the window, lets me know everything is alright
    Summer breeze, makes me feel fine, blowing through the jasmine in my mind

adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) adamsz has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mogambo View Post
    I don't care about any of the things you mention OP.

I pay attention to the fights that hold promise of versatile, athletic match ups. A competitive MMA match between two talented fighters has no equal in sports. There is nothing you can compare to a fighter coming in with a game plan, executing it and having it succeed only to have his opponent adjust to it and counter that and gain momentum. All the while you have the potential of getting put to sleep via strikes or submission.
    pretty much this. I watch the sport for the fighting, not the personalities. Good personalities are just a plus.
    My 1 year natty transformation thread --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157144143

My workout log --------> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150448553

Best Gym Lifts / Best Competition lifts (raw)

Squat: lol fml
    Bench Press: 400 / 380
    Deadlift: 650 / 585

Originally Posted by andrew28 View Post
    The UFC lost some big stars. Ronda Rousey, Brock Lesnar, McGregor not fighting enough, etc.

As glad as I was to see Ronda’s arrogant ass get whooped by Holly Holm, it couldn’t have come at a worse time. She was so fukking huge at that point and brought an insane amount of attention to the UFC. Nobody outside the mma community gives a damn about Amanda Nunes, as impressive as she is.
    Why? Because she's ugly?

Originally Posted by MMAMatty View Post
    Khabib vs GSP at 155lbs needs to happen. Sorry Tony, but this is the only fight that will reel in the casual fans.
    GSP is too old now, Khabib would kill him

Originally Posted by Eugenics View Post
    UFC was massively fringe in the 90s. You were seriously ahead of the curve to be watching it then. I think the first time I ever saw was the fight below when I hired it from the DVD store when they still existed lol.....I was pretty much hooked after this and have watched every event since.

UFC got rid of all this stuff though, but the hype was kinda amazing tbh.

This was 2002 btw. UFC 40

I ain't gonna lie, these were the days...

NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by markkillerings View Post

Does anybody care about the lighter weights?
    Remember when Cody Garbrant and TJ Dillashaw were all the hype?

Now I couldn't even tell who's bantamweight champ. Crazy how fast things changes
    Starting stats: 5"11, 130lbs @ age 16.

Current stats: 6"2, 210lbs.

The 8th and final rule: If this is your first night at Gym Club....... you have to squat.

LFC YNWA.

NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) NorthernLad93 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by iloveus View Post
    Entrance looks like WWE lol
    Yeah i think that's the look they were going for, as opposed to catering to mainstream sports fans. This was around the time WWE was heading into decline anyway, the attitude era had passed and in the next few years the PG era was being ushered in and I think a lot of older fans were thirsty for something a bit more extreme; like real fighting.
    Starting stats: 5"11, 130lbs @ age 16.

Current stats: 6"2, 210lbs.

The 8th and final rule: If this is your first night at Gym Club....... you have to squat.

LFC YNWA.

EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) EDMFloridaBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely becoming less active in following the sport, sadly becoming more like the WWE with every passing day and find myself beginning to wonder whether some fights are fixed, to be honest..

How about that BMF belt that they’re retiring after the Diaz-Masvidal fight? lmao
    Either you're somebody, or you're nobody.

ASMR Crew

If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) knightofday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deepfat View Post
    The sport was much more compelling when they had PPV's every three months. Plenty of time to hype a card. Nothing more compelling back then than when prime Anderson was going to fight or hating on Matt Hughes. These events with nobodies and C-level fighters headlining cards is terrible.
    This is the biggest factor bar none IMO for sure

Originally Posted by deepfat View Post
    Straight killers back then.
    Fuking murderers row damn

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I been a huge fan of ufc since 94
    And pride which I initially got through my tape trading days.
    I think it’s evolved into an actual sport. The greatest sport in the world. The original ufc shows were closer to real fighting... and bored me. With the rules, rounds, weight classes, gloves, etc it’s a great world class sport.

I still love it but the cards that are truly stacked are not as often

I’ll always support ufc but i remember they used to have stacked cards monthly and it was a great time to be a fan

Now there’s not that big event feel to them Anymore but they do happen sometimes

November 2 for example
    A Little Bit Of The Bubbly

zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) zhengterry has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The "Gold Rush" era of UFC is already ended. Like Kingswrv said fighters during the days of GSP, Prime Silva, Aldo, Hughes were still experimenting with their formula to become a champion. As the technical aspect increased and a higher level of competition rose, sometimes great fighters are matched together and the result is a stale cerebral game of chess rather than an exciting wild wild west shoot out, imo.

I also think with the number of events happening nowadays, it's hard to market a sure lock money bag fighter that brings the moola for the company. You may have an outstanding fighter with a perfect record, exciting style and marketable personality but once he loses, the aura of so called greatness is also gone and people will become less likely to tune in for his/her next fight.

Can't wait for UFC 244: Masvidal v. Diaz though, along with KG and Darren Till this Saturday.

havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) havoc00 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ever since they did the whole espn+ thing I stopped watching.
    Trump 2016

Fake Teds Crew

40oz crew

ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ISurfNudeBrah has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by armies View Post
    I ain't gonna lie, these were the days...
    Truth. I miss the glory days of the UFC...

Tito vs. Chuck

Randy vs. Chuck

Chris leben/diego sanchez use to always put on a good show.

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chris Leben and Diego Sanchez should have happened. Robbie Lawler vs. Either two too. Just because I love wild hard hitting relentless brawler types with chins.
    A Little Bit Of The Bubbly

VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000) VegasLifter26 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you guys are sad..the card this weekend is stacked ! The issue is theres more fighters these days so its harder to keep track and things move faster. UFC is awesome now, the sport is growing, and honestly every event is worth watching

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by adamsz View Post
    pretty much this. I watch the sport for the fighting, not the personalities. Good personalities are just a plus.
    Same. Would rather watch a guy like Maia 10 x more than some loud mouth like Colby.

Sounds like OP would be more entertained watching WWE.

11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 11lemon11 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All athletes these days look like degenerates. Go contrast and compare an athlete or team of athletes from any sport from the 50's and today. Those today look like they've all escaped from some south american prison somewhere. And when they're not being unsportsmanlike they're in the paper on rape charges.