JamesFelix is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I take a cold or hot shower for muscle recovery in Hypertrophy Training ?

I have been wondering what is best to help my body recover most effectively after my workouts, from cold or hot water shower, I used to take hot water showers all my life, this last two weeks, I changed to cold water cause I read it helps alote with inflamation and I notice my body where I felt soreness after training that soreness was no longer there after the shower, but now I'm seeing articles on the internet that cold showers slows muscle recovery down and the muscle stays smaller cause it slows protein inside the body and the fibers cannot longer repair idealy to get stronger and grow bigger, I need help with this dilemma!

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It will make zero difference. These are the kinds of things elite athletes do because it MIGHT make a tiny fraction of a percent difference but for you or I it's an utter waste of time because there are probably other aspects of our routines that would make far more difference like doing a little extra volume for example.

BTW, inflammation is a natural process which is part of adaptation and isn't something to be suppressed.

JamesFelix is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    It will make zero difference. These are the kinds of things elite athletes do because it MIGHT make a tiny fraction of a percent difference but for you or I it's an utter waste of time because there are probably other aspects of our routines that would make far more difference like doing a little extra volume for example.

BTW, inflammation is a natural process which is part of adaptation and isn't something to be suppressed.
    Thanks for answering!