Bobzilla1210 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation 17 male, Can't increase bench!

Hi sorry to bother you all, I've been lifting for around 8 months quite seriously, I weigh 70kg, my deadlift is 155kg, squat 100kg X 4, and my bench is 72.5kg, I've always seemed to have a problem with bench where I could be doing 50kg for 12 reps and then couldn't do 60 for 1, for the past few months I've been trying to focus strength so heavier weights and less reps, I've done 3x3 5x5 and not much has changed, I have pretty decent form I'd say I'm all clamped and tight with a good arc, I do a lot of pause reps on heavier weights as I feel chest bouncing is **** and touch and go I do on more hypertrophy training, when I increase weight I lose reps but drastically, say I could do 60 for 8 then try 70 I'd only get 1 rep, it's wierd I'm not sure what's happening but it's always been this way, I'm about 5 10, pretty long legs and arms I guess but nothing excessive, diet is 3k calories a day with moderate protein carbs and fats, I eat a lot of chicken and rice in general, but for a 17 year old I don't expect my diet to be perfect, I understand bench and have done a lot of research but it seems I'm doing everything its just not increasing, I do Dumbell bench, I've done Dumbell bench for a block too, I do dips, I do flys in many different variations, I even use the machines, my OHP is 40kg which I rep out at 6 reps and it seems to be increasing slowly but surely unlike bench. Some help would be much appreciated! 😊

jakebader is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    EAT MORE!!!!
    eat enough cals to gain 0.8lg or so a month, u wont get fat because most will be muscle mass, so despite a small amount of fat gained, muscle is also gained, so body fat percentage will stay the same if bulking correctly. Most of the time a stall is due to not eating in a surplus as u are a beginner. Also try doing incline and other accesories, they seem to really increase bench numbers. Good luck!!

thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) thatmanspence is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Same issue here brother. I am even increasing size on my pecs but my bench just doesn't seem to go up. I care more about building muscle than my bench numbers so I am fine with it, but it would be nice to finally get to two plates.
    stupid in the streets daddy in the sheets

TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000) TopHeavyMirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Bobzilla1210 View Post
    diet is 3k calories a day with moderate protein carbs and fats, I eat a lot of chicken and rice in general ........ my OHP is 40kg
    what a huge lie. your diet is not 3000 calories per day, if it was you wouldnt look so damn skinny in your profile pic. try actually eat more, thats what increases your bench if your stuck.

and also... a 40kg OHP? with a 72kg bench? thats weak as chit. id be wayy more worried about ohp rather than bench. i see n00bs hitting a 40kg ohp all day at 60kg bodyweight. step it up.
    "Get Better Today" - Russel Orhii