maryprz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Boxing as my workout

I GOT INTO BOXING AS A WAY OF DE STRESSING BUT NOT LOSING THAT MUCH WEIGHT. Do you have any tips on how to maximise my workout? I get so bored at the gym so I like this one better.

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Workouts are good for fitness, but under normal conditions, for normal/most people they do not burn enough calories to cause much weight loss.

The key to weight loss is to consistently eat less calories than you burn. (CICO = calories in vs calories out.) Check out the nutrition forum and the post Don't Look Past the Basics post near the top of the forum.

Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jedee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How many times a week are you boxing, how long are the classes and are they boxercise style classes?

I agree with the post above, that these workouts are often not enough alone to result in weight loss. E.g. a 1hr boxercise class may be half spent holding pads for your partner.

I would focus on eating at a reasonable caloric deficit and not factoring in your boxing sessions if they are relatively short classes a few times a week (just consider the calories burnt a bonus).

leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100) leroyS is not very well liked. (-100)
    Martial arts are the best way to keep you interested and lose weight. I'm a thai boxer of 4.5 years training 3x a week and burning circa 800 calories per session. Us thai boxers have notoriously gruelling conditioning exercises but some of the boxing classes I've seen are intense as they can spar for days.

Although that said, depending on the gym, or your coaches style, they may opt to go for more technical classes and less fitness in that case your calorie burn will be less but certainly is one of the more effective ways of burning calories and its exciting and fun because you get to punch people and lose weight.