n3cw4rr10r is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New Home Gym Equipment help.

I am looking to set up a home gym. So far I have:

CAP Olympic EZ curl Bar + a few weights.
    Power Block Elite Dumbbells

Crappy weight bench that wobbles when I do dumbbell bench presses.

I am looking to do general body building, squats & bench presses mostly. I need a power rack, bench and barbell. Here is what I have in mind for the rack anyway:

Fitness reality power cage 810XLT on amazon or the Walmart version Progear 1600.

Barbell: I see CAP and Rogue Bar but not sure what I should get.

Bench: Not sure if I would need a adjustable or flat bench.

I don't see myself doing 300 lb bench presses ever lol. I don't want to spend more than $500 - $600 on the lot. Thanks for the help.

sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sera310 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by n3cw4rr10r View Post
    I am looking to set up a home gym. So far I have:

CAP Olympic EZ curl Bar + a few weights.
    Power Block Elite Dumbbells

Crappy weight bench that wobbles when I do dumbbell bench presses.

I am looking to do general body building, squats & bench presses mostly. I need a power rack, bench and barbell. Here is what I have in mind for the rack anyway:

Fitness reality power cage 810XLT on amazon or the Walmart version Progear 1600.

Barbell: I see CAP and Rogue Bar but not sure what I should get.

Bench: Not sure if I would need a adjustable or flat bench.

I don't see myself doing 300 lb bench presses ever lol. I don't want to spend more than $500 - $600 on the lot. Thanks for the help.
    To stay under that budget it would help to buy used. if you're going new, get the CAP barbell, the OB-86 or something like that. I started with 1, & it was OK. the general consensus is that it is the best of the inexpensive bars. bench is personal preference; I traded away an cheap FID bench I got off Craigslist and ended up with a flat Rep bench; it's great. But others will tell you to get an adjustable. I'd skimp on the plates & maybe on the bar & bench, not so much on the rack.

Originally Posted by sera310 View Post
    To stay under that budget it would help to buy used. if you're going new, get the CAP barbell, the OB-86 or something like that. I started with 1, & it was OK. the general consensus is that it is the best of the inexpensive bars. bench is personal preference; I traded away an cheap FID bench I got off Craigslist and ended up with a flat Rep bench; it's great. But others will tell you to get an adjustable. I'd skimp on the plates & maybe on the bar & bench, not so much on the rack.
    If I get the CAP OB-86 (I am assuming its the "beast" barbell) and the Rep Fitness fb-1000 (?) flat bench I will be under $300 and leave me with $300 for a cage. What do you recommend or will the one I posted be good enough?

Also is this a specialty bar or more like a general use barbell?

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #53 ▪█─────█▪
    ^^^^^^ 6' 6" and Over Crew^^^^^^

Haha So true. I can still sit on the recommendations till black friday to see price drops. I need recommendations though.

keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) keyboardworkout has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Damn the shipping cost is retarded for Rep Fitness. Hopefully they have free shipping for black friday or some kinda discount. Never heard of "Body Solid", is it better than CAP?

Damn the shipping cost is retarded for Rep Fitness. Hopefully they have free shipping for black friday or some kinda discount. Never heard of "Body Solid", is it better than CAP?
    That was a wrong link. Look for the CAP OB-86B. Might not offer it anymore. Now I see "BOSS" bars.

Originally Posted by keyboardworkout View Post
    That was a wrong link. Look for the CAP OB-86B. Might not offer it anymore. Now I see "BOSS" bars.
    I see it on amazon for like $140 bucks. Its called the "beast". I cant post links unfortunately. Do I need a center knurl?

Edit: Sometimes I see the Rogue Echo Bar 2.0 on sale for $165. Is this better than the CAP?
    Last edited by n3cw4rr10r; 10-17-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    CAP is pretty much bottom of the barrel. Body Solid is considered one of the better residential brands and most of their stuff is at least above average in that category. REP will have a BF sale of some kind, but I haven't been following them long enough to know what they usually do for BF.

Registered User Remingtongauge2's Avatar
    Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    good luck man, stay safe as always.

Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    CAP is pretty much bottom of the barrel. Body Solid is considered one of the better residential brands and most of their stuff is at least above average in that category. REP will have a BF sale of some kind, but I haven't been following them long enough to know what they usually do for BF.
    What about the Rogue Echo Bar 2.0. I see they have the Boneyard bars on sale for like $165 quite a bit. Would it a better buy than the CAP or Body-Solid?

JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000) JustTheDad is a name known to all. (+5000)
    At the budget you've set, you shouldn't be buying new online.
    You can do MUCH better with a little patience using Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist.
    Where are you located?

Originally Posted by JustTheDad View Post
    At the budget you've set, you shouldn't be buying new online.
    You can do MUCH better with a little patience using Facebook Marketplace and Craigslist.
    Where are you located?
    Merced, California. I wouldnt mind another 50 bucks or so if I absolutely have to.

Edit: The closest place with decent deals is Modesto (45 miles away) or Fresno (60 miles). After travel time & gas, I am better off spending a little more and getting new online.
    Last edited by n3cw4rr10r; 10-18-2019 at 08:55 AM.

Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I see it on amazon for like $140 bucks. Its called the "beast". I cant post links unfortunately. Do I need a center knurl?

Edit: Sometimes I see the Rogue Echo Bar 2.0 on sale for $165. Is this better than the CAP?
    The OB-86 un-knurled center is Just fine for squats with the coating it has in it. It will serve you just fine for years.