thezwashere is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Tight Hip Flexors

Hi all,

I have super tight hip flexors, along with very loose hip joints. Keep getting bad charlie horses when I train, and difficult to do a lot of movements properly like squats.

Any suggestions?

akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) akghostrider is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thezwashere View Post
    Hi all,

I have super tight hip flexors, along with very loose hip joints. Keep getting bad charlie horses when I train, and difficult to do a lot of movements properly like squats.

Any suggestions?
    Do you sleep on your side?
    Eat heavy and lift peanut butter

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Do you stretch them?
    Do you sit a lot at work or anytime?
    Do a search for hip flexor stretched and start implementing them.

Originally Posted by akghostrider View Post
    Do you sleep on your side?
    Yes, actually.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Do you stretch them?
    Do you sit a lot at work or anytime?
    Do a search for hip flexor stretched and start implementing them.
    Have been stretching, but hasn't made a big difference yet. My job is primarily sedentary.

Registered User Remingtongauge2's Avatar
    Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Remingtongauge2 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    hip mobility is key. my favorite stretch for this is to kneel with one knee down like a lunge and push your hip forward. this should be a daily thing to losen them muscles and allow the muscles to adapt to the added range.

Thanks!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    The root cause of tight hip flexors in my case was actually in my lower back - hip abductors to be specific. Not saying this is your issue, just that they can react to a problem elsewhere by tightening up. Stretching them won't help in this instance. I got over my issue by doing hip abduction exercises with mild resistance and full ROM.