Thread: RDL Form Check

LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

RDL Form Check

TIA!

https: //youtu. be/vMqQ2OhcLQg

dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    one problem that sticks out here is that you aren't keeping your hips in the same position. they shouldn't be moving up and down on the lift. it's a hip hinge movement, they should only be moving forward and back

BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250) BromanianDL has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The bar should ideally be moving straight up and down, and in your RDL, the bar is shifting forward. Really focus on hips back first, so you don't have to move the bar forward to get it around your knees.

LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) LifterWest has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are right about that hip hinge comment. I'm trying to keep my back straight but I'm having to keep the bar away from my kneecap which is causing the bar to move forward. I think I'm bending my knees a bit. My lower back is sore after the workout. Is it related to it?

richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50) richard99cook will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    1- You need to unlock your knees in the starting position and then literally do not bend your knees all the way through the rep. Maintain exactly the same amount of knee bend through the lift. Think of trying to reach an object behind you with your ass and sit back into it. There doesn't appear to be too much hip hinge going on.

2- I feel like your shoulders are creeping forward. You need to keep your shoulders retracted throughout. This will keep the inward natural curve to your spine and protect your lower back meaning you do not feel the soreness there.

Both of these points are highlighted by the fact that at the start of the movement your hips are sinking even though you're lowering the bar. You don't want to be doing this, you want to be sticking your ass out right at the start.

My suggestions would be to lower the weight, get that form nailed and post another video. The fact your shoulders appear to be creeping forward is another sign the weight may be too heavy. To rectify this, you want to be doing upper back exercises to strengthen the muscles that will help retract your shoulders and keep them in place.

With regards to using your hamstrings to return to the starting position rather than your lower back, you need to think of digging your feet into the floor AND BACK, imagine you are sitting on an office chair and using your feet to move yourself forward. This movement really uses your hams and you want to emulate this whilst doing the RDL. By actively thinking about that whilst returning to the starting position, it'll use your hams more and lower back less. A friend gave me this tip of thinking of an office chair and since implementing it it has done wonders for my RDL.

Finally, watch this from 2:46 - https: //youtu. be/jEy_czb3RKA?t=167

Sitting my hips back helped a lot. I could finally feel the stretch in my hamstrings. I was doing more of a half deadlift all this while. I also bought some WL shoes and they are helping too. My lower back pain after FS and RDL is gone today!