Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

OFFICIAL Wednesday Night War thread: 10/16/19

AEW Dark Episode 2 aired last night and Omega and Jenella had a main event level match.

Darby Allen will go after the AEW title from Jericho tonight.

In NXT:

- Tommaso Ciampa vs. Angel Garza
    - Dominik Dijakovic vs. Keith Lee
    - Pete Dunne vs. Damien Preist
    - Tegan Nox returns
    Not part of any crews crew

words and guitar yieldtonothing's Avatar
    yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    in for the aew debut of the painmaker
    i like the one that says "some pulp".

TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TimDF has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will be watching AEW again for the 3rd week in a row. The last 2 weeks I got together with my buddies to watch wrestling for like the first time since 2013. Feels old school.
    "Don't give up, don't ever give up. Cancer can take away all of my physical abilities. It cannot touch my mind, it cannot touch my heart and it cannot touch my soul; and those three things are going to carry on forever." - Jimmy V (RIP 1946-1993)

***ЯR*** Big Dawg Crew ***ЯR***

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JPeeper View Post
    AEW Dark Episode 2 aired last night and Omega and Jenella had a main event level match.
    I think that was the first Kenny Omega match I've actually watched start to end.

... I'm of two minds here. The first, it was super entertaining and beyond a little lull in the middle, it completely captivated my attention (not the easiest thing to do these days, either). Both guys looked solid, I was shocked to see a top guy like Omega take all those bumps, some made me wince and those hardway cuts all over him by the end were hard to ignore. I hope that isn't how he normally works, he won't be around in 3 years if he's doing that once a week.

My gripe here was this... which I kind of need to explain. I'm not familiar with most of these guys. I know who Omega is but haven't really watched him. I don't know much about Janella. I see Omega and I see a smaller, charismatic guy who looks athletic. I see Janella and I see a small skinny-fat indy guy and I can't take him seriously. Workwise, he looked pretty solid, pretty good actually, but I thought the match was way too even (which I'm surprised to say, because I hated the one-sided WWE bookings which made all the young guys looks like chit).

The story here, that it was a tough contest that could have gone either way and Omega basically fought his guts out and barely won? I didn't buy it, Janella just looks too small and weak, nothing like an athlete and I don't think it elevated him by going nearly even with Omega, it kind of only took away from Kenny (who, for many fans, he's not someone they really know yet). I would have preferred a tough match, but one Omega mostly had control in, one that was shorter, with a bit towards the middle-end with Janella getting the upper hand and where he could get his chit in. Preferably through cheating or interference, but I don't even know if he's a heel or not and I don't think they wanted to have Mox interfere as the story they seem to be telling there is that they almost uncontrollably hate each other and neither guy seems to be acting overly heelish.

The announcers were good. I liked they really talked about wins/losses.

Pretty good show overall, very good for a free one on youtube.
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by TimDF View Post
    Will be watching AEW again for the 3rd week in a row. The last 2 weeks I got together with my buddies to watch wrestling for like the first time since 2013. Feels old school.
    Wow same here man! Looks like you'v e chosen your side as have i. It's time for the rest of the board to pick theirs!!!!
    A Little Bit Of The Bubbly

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Watching AEW with my daughter and son, they both have enjoyed it (although week 2, less than week 1, they might be fair-weather fans who get spoiled and demand PPV-level crowds and cards like the first episode felt like). First match my boy ever watched was Riho and the big person/girl/...yeah, he loved it, totally got into it. The reason it was that match and not Cody/Sammy was because he refused to watch it initially, just wasn't interested.

While as a wrestling fan I saw a fairly mid-level match (but the crowd was completely into it and loud, which helped) I think for a child, this weird idea of women fighting like that just blew his little mind. He audibly yelled for Riho when she was getting beaten on and popped for her offense and eventual win.
    Reminder list: Clickbait, seven11, (cuck) z4v4, ceizer1985, SkinnyKappa, maverickTT1, KINGFABIAN, TheScapeGOAT

DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGen94 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its weird how i get excited when AEW comes up Wednesdays nights..same feels i use to get back in 2002-2005 WWE

The Painmaker/Darby match will be brutal

and fuking TAZ is back hnnnggg
    ~positive crew :) ~

MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MikeTheOne is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    In. Looking forward to seeing Chris Jericho beat the ever living sh!t out of that geek Darby Allin.
    "You can't smell the TV but you could smell the roast and the chicken." - Beetlejuice

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The Luchabros vs Jurassic match as well as the other tag match with SCU vs Best Friends in the tourney should be quality as well.

Only thing I hope we get is a bit more promos/other segments that aren't wrestling matches. Not TNA level amount of segments, but more than 1-2.

Edit: and Daniels is already dead. Also, the kid by ringside is ear shattering loud.

Scorpio’s shoe is more entertaining than anything the WWE has done in 5 years

Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Deathstroke has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The crowd pops are amazing.

Part Animal, Part Machine cheerupemokid's Avatar
    cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Scorpio’s shoe is more entertaining than anything the WWE has done in 5 years
    Yeah, that was impressive to be able to pull off those moves with one shoe. I can’t even walk properly when I’ve lost a shoe.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Originally Posted by cheerupemokid View Post
    Yeah, that was impressive to be able to pull off those moves with one shoe. I can’t even walk properly when I’ve lost a shoe.
    Britt baker cannot walk properly with both shoes or barefoot. Not when I get done ****ing her in her ass really hard brah.

yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    That cody promo package was great.
    I really like how aew presents their product.

Riho winning that match the way she did is also not something you ever see in wwe.

Time for Lucha Bros to kill some more people.

Also, no Luchasaurus = no buys.

cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cheerupemokid has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Time for Lucha Bros to kill some more people.

Also, no Luchasaurus = no buys.
    Very disappointing. Hopefully, this doesn’t last long. Marko Stunt is a bad joke.
    Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. -C.S. Lewis

Marko Stunt is essentially Spike Dudley, even then Spike was 7 inches taller.

Marko Stunt is essentially Spike Dudley, even then Spike was 7 inches taller.
    It’s worse when he took his shirt off. He has the physique of a 9 year old boy. The match really should have ended with that pin fall attempt.

Finally a big move that ends a match! Enjoying this product but too often they drop a bombs that lead to 2 counts.

One of the dumbest things (which the list is long) that WWE has done in recent history is letting Pac (or Neville) go. This bastard will be one of AEW's biggest stars for years to come.

It's hilarious how much better guys are away from WWE.

Sorry Jim Cornette, Omega is a star.

Imagine how badly he’d been abused had he signed with WWE.

Awesome finish, great storytelling.

Pac wanting wins and no DQ so he throws the weapons out, then Moxley flips him off and DDT's him and leaves, Pac gets rekt and gets his first loss. Also, Pac cut the fuk out of his finger grabbing the barbed wire bat.

Awesome finish, great storytelling.

Pac wanting wins and no DQ so he throws the weapons out, then Moxley flips him off and DDT's him and leaves, Pac gets rekt and gets his first loss. Also, Pac cut the fuk out of his finger grabbing the barbed wire bat.
    Yeah, and it was a great preview for Omega vs Moxley. That looks like it should be a good match.

Jericho paying homage to Ecw original Tommy dreamer by wrestling in a t shirt

Good eye yield. Dreamer caned Jericho too hard and left a good welt across his cheek in the royAl rumble. It legit pissed Jericho off.

And a little bit of the bubbly to end the show!

devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Decent show.

Who else thought Riho was going to have a nip slip?

Love the Moxley double bird walk off.

Godamn, I actually look forward to watching a weekly wrestling show live again.
    NDSU Crew
    Kansas City Royals Crew
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers Crew
    Over the Top is the GOAT Movie Crew

devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Sorry Jim Cornette, Omega is a star.

Imagine how badly he’d been abused had he signed with WWE.
    That why I hated the “[insert wrestler] should go to WWE” BS. They ruin everyone now with the micromanaged overscripted BS. I absolutely knew they would destroy the Broken Matt Hardy character. They also pretty much made everyone else they signed from Impact useless except AJ Styles.
    NDSU Crew
    Kansas City Royals Crew
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers Crew
    Over the Top is the GOAT Movie Crew

Luchasaurus might have torn his hamstring:

https://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/ad.../#.Xafc-CVMGEc

If true, that’s a bummer.

what i didn't like was how weak they made jericho look.
    this kid he's wrestling is like 160lbs soaking wet and has his arms tied behind his back and getting multiple near falls.

i understand one cool hands tied behind the back spot with a near fall to give the fans a wtf moment but to have them over and over and have your champion need assistance to win a match against a guy with his hands tied behind his back makes your champion look like a weak little bish. no amount of facepaint will change that.

otherwise i enjoyed the show. commentary is getting better every week. it feels like a wrestling show. the matches feel like more than an afterthought. there seems to be a build and an arc for every character and feud.

i'm on board until they gave me a big enough reason not to be.