PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Rebuilding my composition--A Fresh Start.

Good morning!

backstory warning:

I am starting this log as a way to hopefully keep my self accountable. I started lifting weights when I was 19 years old (2011) because I wasn't happy with my body. In high school I didn't really care, I was a gamer. I've also been athletic (but ate terrible food) my whole life, I grew up playing sports and played baseball until I started tennis my sophomore year, I've loved it ever sense.

At that time I was around 6'5 330 lbs. Around 2012 I started getting stronger and losing a little bit of fat, once I noticed the fat loss I enjoyed it a lot more. Then I decided to actually try to lose weight. I wasn't aware of macros and TDEE back then so it was sort of frustrating at first. Well, fast forward 3-4 years and I had managed to work my way down to 260lbs! I was going to the gym 5-6 nights per week, jump roping every day, active in Jiu Jitsu, and making better food choices.

The end of 2016 rolled around and I had some personal stuff go down, and that sort of just killed my motivation. I went into 2017 with a blah attitude. I was still going to the gym but my food choices were slipping. In April 2017, I got a new job. The job required quite a bit of travel at the time, so I ended up stopping Jiu Jitsu due to not being able to ever make it to a scheduled class -.-. I basically decided to just focus on work and nothing else. BAD IDEA.

So Thanksgiving 2017 rolls around and I met an awesome woman! She lived close to 2 hours away, So I was commuting back and forth to see her and again, more poor food choices. (Jet's Pizza, Chinese takeout, Starbucks, etc.). She also was in to fitness, but fell into the same bad habits as I did.

Fast forward to now. We are married, fat, and happy! We just want to look better naked and be healthy. LOL.

I have now been back in the gym 4-5 days per week for 4 months. I've lost 10-15lbs. I haven't been doing much cardio, just lifting and trying to drop my overall calories and eating cleaner foods.

She is mostly focusing on diet. Her work schedule is freaking crazy. She's down 8-10 lbs I believe.

This is my current schedule.

M- Chest, Tri's, shoulders
    T- Back, Bi's, calves
    W- Legs (recovering from meniscus tear so very light leg day.)
    R- whatever isn't sore (lol.)
    F- Chest and arms
    S-off
    S-off

1rm:
    Bench- 385
    Squat- currently 135 due to knee injury
    Deadlift- 225 due to knee injury.

After typing this out, my assessment is I need to add cardio at some point in my schedule. I typically go to the gym on lunch at work. I'm in there for 45m-1h.

I typically eat lunch immediately after my workout. It usually consists of either steak and Mexican rice or chicken and Mexican rice. Occasional tortilla chips and salsa. Man, Those chips are calorie dense!

Around 330-4pm I will drink a meal replacement shake. 525 cals-- 47g protein, 78carbs, and unsure of fat at the moment. Then dinner is around 630-730pm. I try to cut carbs around then if possible.

I am setting a goal of 315lbs by 1/1/2020. This will be a 15lbs loss. Anything more is a bonus.

My ultimate goal is 259lbs, or to be leaner than I ever have.

I will be updating periodically with progress notes, and to just say Hi!
    Last edited by PrimalPerk; 10-15-2019 at 07:57 AM.

PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10) PrimalPerk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Started adding cardio to my workout yesterday. I was able to get in 6 rounds of HIIT in on a fan row machine and 25 minutes of low intensity high incline treadmill. I ate 2100 calories yesterday.