homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Old But Not Done Yet!

Use to lift 3x/wk into my late 60's, I am now 72. BP was respectable but squat and dead lift not so much. Life intervened about 3 years ago and lifting stopped. I can now start lifting again with no physical restrictions.

Available equipment: Power rack, 300# with cheap bar (Dicks), curl bar and I just ordered Elitefts SS Yoke bar.

I was wondering if a full body program, bench, squat, dead lift, with no auxiliary exercises three times a week would be an appropriate routine.

Bob
    VIx10

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing has changed except conceivably your rate of progression. Lift, eat, sleep. Not much has changed. There are folks in their 80s setting prs without drugs. You have plenty of gear, so don't understand the yoke bar.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First off your going to love the yoke bar.
    I have one and have to say it's my favorite specialty bar.
    Did you mean train the squat one day,BP one day and DL one day or all three times a week?
    Do you have a bench also?
    You might want to check out Jim Wendlers 5/3/1 program that covers those lifts well as the OHP.
    Why no auxiliary exercises?
    You can do some with the very basic equipment you have.
    Good luck.

homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) homeroid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Nothing has changed except conceivably your rate of progression. Lift, eat, sleep. Not much has changed. There are folks in their 80s setting prs without drugs. You have plenty of gear, so don't understand the yoke bar.
    Mobility of shoulders is shot. Can't grip a straight bar.
    VIx10

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    According to https://www.amazon.com/Barbell-Presc.../dp/B06Y4LXFCK a strength biased 3 day fullbody is exactly what you should be doing

Thanks for the replies.

Yup, have a bench. I used the 5/3/1 program to set my PR bench at 355 when I was in my mid-60s (posted a video here some time ago.) Loved the program but I was focused on power. However now I would just like to keep some muscle mass as my body ages. The 5/3/1 program might have routines for for that purpose.

I will also look at the Amazon link.

Thanks for the help.
    Bob
    VIx10

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by homeroid View Post
    Thanks for the replies.

Yup, have a bench. I used the 5/3/1 program to set my PR bench at 355 when I was in my mid-60s (posted a video here some time ago.) Loved the program but I was focused on power. However now I would just like to keep some muscle mass as my body ages. The 5/3/1 program might have routines for for that purpose.

I will also look at the Amazon link.

Thanks for the help.
    Bob
    My bucket list is to still rep 225 on bench at 65 years old . Curious what you could do at 65 on bench ?

Things have really changed for me from 48 to 58 . There’re no way I could get back to 280 on bench press with my tendonitis and rotator pain.
    I’m really curious to know what’s going to happen in another 7 years
    Make Misc great again

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So if your not really going to power lift and your goal if keeping muscle more reps with lighter weights.
    I would get away from regular BP if your shoulders are shot.
    Get som DB handles and hit DB bench presses with a palms facing grip.
    Even replace deadlifts with yoke bar good mornings for reps.
    There is a similar program out there to 5/3/1 it's 10/7/5 i think if your interested if not basic 3x10 progressive type program could be a possibility.
    Good luck.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    So if your not really going to power lift and your goal if keeping muscle more reps with lighter weights.
    There is a similar program out there to 5/3/1 it's 10/7/5 i think if your interested if not basic 3x10 progressive type program could be a possibility.
    Good luck.
    Here is a thread with a video of my 67 birthday bench press test.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=164407211
    VIx10

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    Good luck.
    Thank you for the suggestions. Power lifting is probably out! One of the consequences of getting old.
    VIx10

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Here is a thread with a video of my 67 birthday bench press test.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=164407211
    If you still have the big belly, you need to work on losing it. It's indicative of visceral fat. Add these to your workouts, too: https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...-to-get-ripped

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    If you still have the big belly, you need to work on losing it. It's indicative of visceral fat. Add these to your workouts, too: https://www.t-nation.com/training/ti...-to-get-ripped
    I am currently on a doctor monitored weight loss diet. I am now 17 lbs lower than the video were I was 275. Believe it or not, my docs goal for me is 190# Hopefully, I can hit that by Easter.
    VIx10

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am currently on a doctor monitored weight loss diet. I am now 17 lbs lower than the video were I was 275. Believe it or not, my docs goal for me is 190# Hopefully, I can hit that by Easter.
    68 lbs by Easter is tough. Good luck with that. Do the Farmers' Walk.

68 lbs by Easter is tough. Good luck with that. Do the Farmers' Walk.
    6x160 calories/day liquid replacement meals for 4 months. Energy level is pretty low.

Weighed in at the hospital today. 255# So, the diet is working and I am paying for the last decade of not paying attention to my calorie intake.
    VIx10

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    6x160 calories/day liquid replacement meals for 4 months. Energy level is pretty low.

Weighed in at the hospital today. 255# So, the diet is working and I am paying for the last decade of not paying attention to my calorie intake.
    It'll get better. Good work for sticking with it and moving ahead.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MajorTendonitis has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow Bob 315 on bench at 70 yo , that’s totally insane ! I’ll never be able to do that in my lifetime, and here you were doing it at 70 . Pretty cool bruh
    Make Misc great again

If you only ate 960 calories a day of anything you'd lose weight!
    Surely, that's not all the nourishment you're getting, is it?

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    If you only ate 960 calories a day of anything you'd lose weight!
    Surely, that's not all the nourishment you're getting, is it?
    He IS losing weight.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    He IS losing weight.
    Yes, he said he was losing weight.
    ... Weighed in at the hospital today. 255# So, the diet is working...
    Do you not understand my point?

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes, he said he was losing weight.

Do you not understand my point?
    If it's been prescribed then there must be a reason for the urgency. Yes it's extreme but potentially merited.

Maybe extreme! I was recently diagnoised as prediabetic. Enough medications already! My GP sent me to the medical supervised weight clinic to loose weight and thereby control my blood sugar levels.

Currently at 255 down from 275. My goal is 215 doc says 190. We'll see.
    VIx10

Maybe extreme! I was recently diagnoised as prediabetic. Enough medications already! My GP sent me to the medical supervised weight clinic to loose weight and thereby control my blood sugar levels.

Currently at 255 down from 275. My goal is 215 doc says 190. We'll see.
    you don't owe anyone here an explanation. You know what to do. Much respect. Hope I can hit your bench ever... Rooting for you.

HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000) HomeGymChains is a name known to all. (+5000)

Thumbs up

Always impressed!
    At age 64, I've exceeded all my prior PRs. Not “over the hill” yet. :)

My workout journal is here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=176385621