Thread: Help with bench

ccwc is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Post Help with bench

Been working out for like 18 months, been benching the whole time. Recently I’ve been getting front delt pain from some exercises, so I decided to change my form on the bench. I start with my pointer fingers on the rings of the bar, chest out, shoulder blades trying to touch. And trying to keep my elbows tucked in(Basically enough where it makes my wrist positioning feel weird). It felt good though, my chest felt big. Anyways I just woke up and my chest has no soreness but my front delts are sore. Should I change my benching or is this normal?

Yakery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ccwc View Post
    Been working out for like 18 months, been benching the whole time. Recently I’ve been getting front delt pain from some exercises, so I decided to change my form on the bench. I start with my pointer fingers on the rings of the bar, chest out, shoulder blades trying to touch. And trying to keep my elbows tucked in(Basically enough where it makes my wrist positioning feel weird). It felt good though, my chest felt big. Anyways I just woke up and my chest has no soreness but my front delts are sore. Should I change my benching or is this normal?
    That is usually how I set up my bench unless I am doing something different such as close grip or incline, I find it to be a great way to set up for a bench. I used to have the same twitching pain in my front delt but once I swapped it up it felt fantastic.
    OHP - 225
    B - 335
    S - 365
    D - 525