Thread: Pelvic tilt?

Beguns has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Pelvic tilt?

Hey, I think I have an anterior pelvic tilt but other people have said its posterior. The excersizes involved for both of these are obviously opposites. I just want your opinion on what you think it is so that I can finally sort my huge arse/pot belly out.

Thank you

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...psupqt7rev.jpg
    http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...psytx88zke.jpg

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beguns View Post
    Hey, I think I have an anterior pelvic tilt but other people have said its posterior. The excersizes involved for both of these are obviously opposites. I just want your opinion on what you think it is so that I can finally sort my huge arse/pot belly out.

Thank you

http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...psupqt7rev.jpg
    http://i1249.photobucket.com/albums/...psytx88zke.jpg
    Looks like a slight anterior tilt. Not particularly bad compared to some people. IMO Focus on your diet and conditioning and you will get the result you want. Some of the tilt may be due to the weight.

Thank you for your helpful reply, I am working hard on loosing fat and I am making progress, maybe I should see how it looks when I get down my body fat percentage?

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Beguns View Post
    Thank you for your helpful reply, I am working hard on loosing fat and I am making progress, maybe I should see how it looks when I get down my body fat percentage?
    Yes exactly, and its also reasonable to assume you will stand differently when your center of mass is distributed differently as you lose weight, and also it is difficult to judge such a thing from a photo, particularly if you are at a higher bodyfat percentage.

I would also say at the same time don't give up improving posture. There are a lot of guides on activating, strengthening and stretching to lengthen hip flexors, and strengthening the core muscles such as abdominals, glutes, and hamstrings. It is worth improving the function of these muscles regardless to prevent injury.

Also as you improve your fitness, I am sure you will be more active and doing less sitting and this will also help.

Keep up the hard work, you will get there sooner than you think as long as you stay consistent!

Edit: Also kettlebell training might be worth looking into.
    Last edited by ampire; 10-15-2019 at 12:16 PM.

Thank you very much for your help, I shall definitely look in to kettlebells

Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50) Overboostin will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It looks like it could be a slight anterior pelvic tilt but as ampire said I would make the diet & conditioning the primary goal at this point. It might be worth going to see a good chiropractor, they should be able to help take a look at your posture. I have an anterior tilt myself and I definitely wish I would have corrected it sooner since it has contributed to lower back pain over the years.
    "We must all suffer one of two things: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret or disappointment."