Registered User WannaBswole2014's Avatar
    WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50) WannaBswole2014 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Last box to check on my to do list

Intro:

My apologies for the length. TIA for reading completely and commenting

I am writing this post because I feel I have literally reached the end of the line with myself in terms of my weight. 2019 needs to be the final year that losing weight and getting in shape is a "resolution" instead of a way of life. My intent in drafting this post is to find a few people that are fighting or have fought and won the Battle of Buldge that are willing to be accountibilty partners with me on this journey. I have tried and failed so many times with my weight its ridiculous and I am almost to the point where I am ready to give up on myself and have gastric surgery. I really don't want to do it, but I almost feel like have to if I do not get a handle on my weight soon.

Background:
    I am a 400lb, former HS/College football player, HS Hwt Wrestler currently working as a CPA. I would say that I have literally lost and gained 50 pounds 100x in the past 20 years. My eating habits have always been bad but at the very least I semi consistently worked out up until age 31. Then I started my family but never made the effort to improve my eating or exercise habits.

This summer I had two of the most embarassing moment of my life that I thought would change me for the better, but 3 months later I am back to the way I have always done things.

Embarassing thing #1- This summer I went with my wife and 2 children to Universal Studios and Disneyland. It was dream trip that my wife had been wanting to go on since the kids were little. In the lead up time to the trip I did nothing to train for all the extra walking and moving I would do on this trip. Having been 300 pounds+ pretty much all my adult life I didnt worry to much because I figured if I got to tired I could always sit down and catch up. Well what I had not realized is at nearly 400 pounds the amount of walking we did caused my legs and feet to swell and I had to rent a mobiliy scooter our last day at Disney. I was so embarassed and ashamed. I almost started to cry and go back to the hotel room, but I know I could not leave my family so I made the best of it. The entire time I was on the scooter I promised myself I'd turn over a new leaf and be better man when I had the chance.

Embarassing thing #2- On the returning flight back home I had a very ackward encounter in checking in to my flight back home. My name is called to come to the ticket counter for my gate. The CSR asks for my boarding pass, not knowing what the issue was I give it to her b/c at the time I am still pissed about my Disneyland experience and ready to argue. As the flight was boarding I still had not gotten my boarding pass so I went back to the CSR and angrily asked "What the problem was?" Long story short she informed me that as a courtesy she upgrading my ticket so I could have an empty seat next me because of my size. It was a courtesy that the airline could provide for passengers of size. Again nothing to say...Basically the CSR looked at me and thought let me give his fat ass 2 seats. I mean luckily my wife had drink coupons so I ordered a 2x scotch and just laid my head back.

Three months later I maybe have a week's worth a workouts logged. No real plan on how to meal prep or exercise. All the guilty feelings I have are telling me I am not strong enough to lose on my own so I need to schedule a gastric bypass. Are there any men/women out there that started there weightloss journey in the 350-400pound that are available for some questions. I'd like to hear some stories from people that started keto/exercise in that weight range. I specifically would like to know: how you determined what to meal prep, how you determined what to order when going to resturants, how did you pace yourself during excerise so you didnt over exert yourself, what are things you wish you would have known at the begining of your weight loss journey that you know now.