VinnerJ4 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Lower Back injury training

Hey everyone

Need some advice here. I’m 37 193 lbs and pretty fit. I weight train 4 days a week. I’ve injured my lower back half a dozen time over the last 6 months or so. It’s extremely frustrating. It’s not disc related it muscular. I’ve done some Physio which helped. It heals in approx one week when it happens but I keep re-injuring it. Sometimes in different areas but it’s very painful and today I did it the worst I think. Usually it’s while squatting but have also hurt it doing rows and deadlifts. I’ve lightened the weights a lot and have been doing strengthening exercises but maybe I’m rushing back I ti things too fast?
    Today squats felt great, core was tight, had a great warm up but it’s spasm’d out mid rep and I could barely walk out of the gym. I’m completely defeated and have no idea what to do. I guess maybe lay off for a few months and do nothing that creates spinal compression and focus on really strengthening my back and core?
    The injury is always deep in my lower back like the small muscles that connect to the spine perhaps.
    I do struggle with tight glutes and hip flexors also which I’m sure contributes and have been working on that too.
    Any idea how to approach recovery? I can’t keep going in this vicious circle of injuring myself every few weeks.
    How do I get past this and get stronger to make sure I can return to doing compound lifts again? Please help. Any advice is appreciated.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Rest and avoid the exercises that aggravate your injury. Fix your form otherwise it'll keep happening whenever you start up again no matter how long you rest.

For now, choose alternate exercises that target the same muscles but avoid lower back injury. You could do leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, seated cable rows, chest supported rows, landmine rows, etc.

And see a doctor to make sure you haven't caused something more serious.

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you seen a doctor, have you been diagnosed? Or are you just guessing here?

BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BromanianDL is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Follow this article and do the exercises every day.

https://squatuniversity.com/2018/06/...ore-stability/

Give your back a month to heal, and then post a form check video with light weight.