STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Mind muscle connection vs Weight lifted

Dunno if this is an odd question but I was questioning myself while lifting last night.

Was on the lat pull down and the previous time for the set/rep count I was lifting 66kg so thought I would try next lift more and the next delectable weight is 72kg.

Got through the set OK but I didn't get the same mind muscle connection as lifting 66kg. My form and fine and did not cheat the reps or anything like that but could not feel it hitting the target area as well as the lighter load.

So question is, does it matter that much? Should I go heavier if it can be done correctly or sacrifice some weight if it feels like its hitting the target area 'better'?

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's no clear answer IMO. YOu have to find what works for you by yourself.

Generally, I think it's beneficial to incorporate both tecnhiques into your training.

Also, I found that for some movements it's better to go heavier and for others - to really focus on MMC.

To give you some examples,
    FOr bench press I go as heavy as I can with good form. For rows, I try to go lighter and feel the muscle.

Lat pulldowns, I do both.
    Finally back to track.
    Still cannot SQ/DL.

#Herniated LB disc crew

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by STRYDG View Post
    So question is, does it matter that much? Should I go heavier if it can be done correctly or sacrifice some weight if it feels like its hitting the target area 'better'?
    As long as your form is good, its fine. People here treat mind muscle connection like its the goddamn force or something.

STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) STRYDG has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. I mean obviously you are still hitting the target area as long as form is correct and since you mention that I have days where its less weight with more reps so either way I will be getting that burn in too.

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    As long as your form is good, its fine. People here treat mind muscle connection like its the goddamn force or something.
    It seems to me that the trends here are quite opposite to MMC, or at least used to be, lol.
    Finally back to track.
    Still cannot SQ/DL.

#Herniated LB disc crew

Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    It seems to me that the trends here are quite opposite to MMC, or at least used to be, lol.
    Seems to get drummed into you reading up or watching youtube vids!

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    That's because if you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

Heroes get remembered, but legends never die. Follow your heart, and you'll never go wrong.
    You eat where you're at.

etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) etet1919 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Dunno if this is an odd question but I was questioning myself while lifting last night.

Was on the lat pull down and the previous time for the set/rep count I was lifting 66kg so thought I would try next lift more and the next delectable weight is 72kg.

Got through the set OK but I didn't get the same mind muscle connection as lifting 66kg. My form and fine and did not cheat the reps or anything like that but could not feel it hitting the target area as well as the lighter load.

If you can do it correctly with heavier weight, that's what you gotta do. That's the mantra I've always trained with. I didn't build my muscle through this concept of mind/muscle connection. I mostly use power when I train, possibly more than a bodybuilder probably should (?). But that's my preferred style of lifting. If you're fast twitch muscle fiber, predominately, you'll respond better with greater strength, as well as muscularity.
    "A Winner is a Dreamer Who Never Gives Up" --- Nelson Mandela

rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rdf1988 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most of the time, I would prioritise mind-muscle connection over weight used, but would then say to go as heavy as is viable. There are times when it's worth it to add weight at the expense of mind-muscle connection, but chances are that if you can't feel the target muscle(s) activating as much with more load, the added load is being covered through compensatory patterns. Even if your form looks pretty good and you aren't conscious of any deviation in form, there's a reasonable chance that something isn't going according to plan.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have never once had a tricep mind muscle connection with bench press. I've built better triceps than my chest with bench press almost exclusively.

Same with quads and squats...

I don't think. Mind muscle Connection matters in the slightest with significant loads as long as you are performing the movement correctly
    2018 Log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175232661

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Isn't there something about rep-ranges affecting how much the target muscle gets fired up, especially considering whether they're compounds or isolations?
    You eat where you're at.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    IMO it's just a training cue to encourage good form and avoid cheating via the use of momentum or bouncing.

This is an interesting article:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/sp...h-press-gains/

Cliff notes: don't deliberately slow reps, push as hard as you can.

dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dazitmayn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    imo mind muscle connection is just using good form, getting tight and contracting your muscles hard on your lifts and appropriate tempo

imo mmc as in feeling the muscle doesn't matter as much for compounds as your muscles are getting worked regardless and its better to focus on the movement pattern but for isolation exercises it might be more important to feel the exercise to ensure you are using correct form and using the right muscles, but just because you don't feel it per se doesn't mean you are doing it wrong

WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50) WakingOp will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    So... as long as the bar is moving in the correct path, I'm good?

I recently did deadlifts before rows. And I finally made that connection with my lats.like I figured out how to pull from my back instead of my hands. Nothing changed as far as the actual movement. But I can only lift about half as much that way. And they say it's how you're supposed to do it...

It also feels weird to pull that way. Are you saying it doesn't matter? Or am I missing the point and should continue pulling from the back? I'm sure it's just awkward cause it's new

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) backinthegymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think mind muscle connection means you are engaging the muscles you're training.
    With lat pull downs for example, really try to pull it down with your lats instead of with your arms.

A good example is weighted cable curls. If i pull the bar/rope down with my hands, i might as well not even do the exercise because my abs will feel nothing.
    but if i crunch using mostly my abdominals, after 8 reps they're in pain.

Also with most exercises, bench/curls etc, always flex at the top of the movement. With bench press this becomes more difficult than with db flyes for example, but i think it will help if you engage the muscles more that way with each rep.
    If you go real heavy for a PR, then all you can think of is getting the weight up. But otherwise, always flex.
    Especially with curls etc, the peak contraction principle.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

12 pack > 6 pack PurmaBulker1984's Avatar
    PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000) PurmaBulker1984 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Depends on the exercise. Squat 315lbs for ten good reps and you'll work your quads whether you have mmc or not. Smaller muscles like medial delts, biceps, upper traps benefit from mmc so that other muscle groups don't over power them.
    160 lbs and jacked is about as impressive as D cups on a 300lb woman

jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) jcreed77 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    205lbs 6'2 superior race

B/S/D -- 250/315/375 lbs 14% bf

Goal: 210lbs 315/405/500 10% bf

Using Madcow and clean bulk to get there.

superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) superman704 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

If your goal is to gain mass, the secret is to forget about that muscle connection stuff and concentrate on getting stronger, concentrate on moving the weight from point a to point b

melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Imo you need both if you want a decent physique but more mind muscle connection excersises overall, like 20% weight training and 80% mind muscle excersises.

I structure my workouts so I start off with a heavy compound for example chest I will do 3 sets of heavy incline bench 5 reps then 3 other chest excersises focusing purely on mind and muscles, I do that for every muscle group and it works really well