FirstLieu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training for Special Forces selection

Hello

First of all, thank you for your comments and help.

I am an officers cadet in the army in Europe currently and will be deployed next year with NATO. I hope to apply for special forces in 2 years. I know this will probably be my last chance as I will be 29 years old by then... Where do I go from here? How do I train to go to to the next level? I am already more fit than the vast majority of people I know, including my colleagues. Should I just push myself on a split and run and swim on the off-days? Increase my workload to really rev the machine up?

Thank you for your help.

CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its good seeing people set goals. Good luck. My suggestion would e to find out SPECIFIC Special Forces tests and requirements and to work/train specifically for them.

hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) hendrixfreak70 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    French Foreign Legion or something? U.S. Special Forces? Ranger Bat? Marine Recon? Which SF unit, my man?
    Romans 3:23
    Romans 6:23
    Romans 10:13

oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) oldandintheway is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Endurance training
    I get a tax deduction just by hanging out here

More reps, no texts

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Finding out what they are looking for standards wise is your first priority. From there - lots of running, rucking, and calisthenics. Strength training should be no more than twice a week - either full body twice a week or an upper/lower.

Thank you all for your replies. The comparable SF unit in the U.S. would be the Navy Seals, with whom my country's unit often train.

That means swimming, running and some strength. I am having trouble deciding how to allocate my training time for each of them. Would you guys bulk and pack as much muscle on for, say, another year, and then start to seriously do endurance and get lean? Mind you I am already active duty in the armed forces, so I do navigeer, ruck, etc.

Formerly grouchyjarhead GrouchyUSMC's Avatar
    GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GrouchyUSMC is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Too easy. Follow this. There are beginner, intermediate, and finally selection prep programs.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Guid.../dp/1578262666

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is not a good board for SOF prep. You are an officer, for goodness sake. You should be able to reach out to the SOF units you want to join and find out what their selection standards are and how to train for them. I seriously doubt having a lot of muscle mass will help you get through any sort of selection and assessment.

If its a dive unit, you need to be beyond comfortable in the water before anything else.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    This is not a good board for SOF prep. You are an officer, for goodness sake. You should be able to reach out to the SOF units you want to join and find out what their selection standards are and how to train for them. I seriously doubt having a lot of muscle mass will help you get through any sort of selection and assessment.

If its a dive unit, you need to be beyond comfortable in the water before anything else.
    You are right. I am in touch with them.

Thanks.