kwalks99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Angry Trying to bulk but have lost weight?

Hi guys,
    New to this but need some help.
    I have been ‘bulking’ for the past 25 days and worked out my macros and calories I need for weight gain at;
    Protein 146g
    Carbs 366g
    Fats 98g
    Calories 2929

I started with a weight of 77.7kg this did improve to 78.4 and then up to 80.2 but after weighting myself this morning I have dropped to 77.8 kg which is only just heavier than my starting weight??

I have cut cardio to about an hour and a half a week and I train 4-6 times per week. Before bulking I had been training for about 3 months so have seen improvements in the size of my arms especially and strength all round. But since committing to bulking I am somehow losing weight?

I have also been trying to bulk clean (as clean as possible) no maccies for over a year, loads of chicken, salmon, tuna, pasta, new potatoes etc. I measure all my food.

From going from having small meals and sometimes only 2 meals a day to hitting at least 2700 calories a day I can’t see what I’m doing wrong.

Any help would be massively appreciated as I have only tried to self educate myself when it comes to nutrition etc.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You are simply begin confused by noise in the data. 80.2 was a high reading. 77.8 was probably a low reading. The true trend is probably upwards.

If you have been weighing yourself everyday, you can take a rolling average - or even nerdier than that, use the slope() function in Excel which basically performs a regression analysis.

kwalks99 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You are simply begin confused by noise in the data. 80.2 was a high reading. 77.8 was probably a low reading. The true trend is probably upwards.

If you have been weighing yourself everyday, you can take a rolling average - or even nerdier than that, use the slope() function in Excel which basically performs a regression analysis.
    Hi mate,
    I have been trying to weigh myself weekly.
    Is it normal to have lower readings every so often when trying to bulk? I was expecting a gradual increase weekly?

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes, you get day to day fluctuations because of water weight.

These are easier to see if you weigh daily. If you only weigh weekly, you can never tell what is noise and what is real change - you'd have to wait months to get a trend.