raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Making significant progresses is quite hard

Hi everyone, I want to post here a 4 years progress of my dedication. I am 41 and this is my situation.
    I am trying to get rid of my bally fat, get bigger shoulders and chest and let my abs pop out (but I believe they are there, I just have too much belly fat).
    If you look at my progresses over 4 years of up and down in the gym, it is not impressive at all. I also have to mention that I am very busy with my job and kids and
    I have a sedentary job, plus my thyroid is not working super well, which slow down my metabolism.

My Problem?
    What I am struggling is the plateau, I think I reached it because I don't see significant changes, small progresses but nothing extreme considering my commitment.
    Surely I am doing something wrong. What do you suggest? A change in the workout schedule? Add HIIT to my training?
    • 2015 I was completely unfit, quite ugly
    • 2016 started swimming a light Body Building
    • 2017 got really serious on Body Building and Diet
    • 2018 stop for 1 year and half due to illness
    • April 2019 started back

This is my progress picture (see attachment)

My Program today
    • 6 days workout, 1 day rest
    • Chest / Triceps (6 exercises, 3 reps of 12 each)
    • Back / Biceps (6 exercises, 3 reps of 12 each)
    • Legs / Shoulders (6 exercises, 3 reps of 12 each)
    • One day on, one day off "ABS workouts"

My Diet
    • Between 1800/2100 CAL/day
    • Every day: 5gr Creatine with 30gr Protein after workout
    • Every day: l-Carnitine (1500 mg), L-Tyrosine after wake up
    Attached Images

weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000) weiss1967 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    your progress is indeed significant. What you call a plateau could me more like your limit, some people call it genetic limit. Hard to say, but looking at your progress pictures, I am thinking you might need a bit more than 2100 calories a day for further progress. You mentioned your thyroid function, and here is the thing, friend of mine (adamant lifter for years) got onto thyroid medication and all of a sudden he had huge spurt of growth, so, maybe this something that limit your growth too. But overall, man you are killing it, we all have our plateau, goal we never reached.

raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10) raffaeu is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi @Weiss1967, thank you for the motivation, always appreciated.
    My major issue is the additional line of body fat around my belly, I was expecting after all this time to have it fully done, but it is still sitting there.
    Totally agree on genetics, I see my wife, she can just eat whatever she wants, almost 0 exercise and looks fit, if I adopt her lifestyle, I'll soon look like Homer Simpson

Manlets gonna make it Natty1980's Avatar
    Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000) Natty1980 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not only the results ARE significant, when you started in 2015 you were already 37 yo and you stopped for 1,5 years in 2018.
    I can't imagine what you expected, maybe you wrote this post just to be contradicted and get compliments, but if you are natural I would define your progress outstanding.
    Abs will come out when you are 12% fat or lower but they are already visible.

Originally Posted by Natty1980
    maybe you wrote this post just to be contradicted and get compliments
    I am not looking for appreciation, come'n.
    I just see on Instagram all these 40s following programs like TNT and in 90 days they are absolutely ripped while I am not after few years of training and diet, so I wonder if all those profiles are fake or maybe I am just following the wrong training / diet.
    If I look at your profile you are super ripped, especially the quad, so I wonder, how many years did you take to become like this?