MortenSJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Golfers Elbow: When can I start working out again?

I have golfers elbow. It was specially bad when doing pull-ups and bicep curls. I got the Theraband FlexBar and have been using it 2 times a day for the past 3 weeks. I’ve also stopped any exercises that would aggravate it. Only been doing abs and legs. Some days I barely feel it and other days it feels sore. Or I do something that triggers it. I can easily lift things and it’s only sometimes that it hurts. My question is when I can slowly easy into working out again? I can do push-ups without it hurting. Is it okay to continue? Could I try neutral grip and rings? Hammer curl and rows? Basically, can I slowly ease in as long as it doesn’t hurt when doing the exercise?

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yes, ease into it and go right up to the point of pain but don't push it. Continue using the FlexBar.

MortenSJ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for your reply. So a bit of discomfort is okay? It’s weird, sometimes I feel almost nothing and then suddenly I get this pain out of nowhere. I guess light workout will only benefit along with the FlexBar?

Yakery has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MortenSJ View Post
    Thanks for your reply. So a bit of discomfort is okay? It’s weird, sometimes I feel almost nothing and then suddenly I get this pain out of nowhere. I guess light workout will only benefit along with the FlexBar?

When I had golfers elbow from well golfing in school I just kept on working out and said **** the pain but I mean it's not the best way about doing it.
    OHP - 225
    B - 335
    S - 365
    D - 525

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MortenSJ View Post
    Yeah I mean, don't push it to where it hurts but slight discomfort is okay. You want to actively use it as long as you aren't pushing it to the point of pain, that actually helps it heal up. Again, you just have to use good judgement as to what is using it and where pain starts.