ItsAras is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Can't activate my lats when doing vertical exercises

So, basically, I can feel my lats very great when I am doing dumbbell rows or Climbing rows, but when it comes to vertical exercises like chin ups, pull ups, lat pulldowns, I don't feel them a little. I am now like 7 months in the gym, tried a lot of things like Lowering weight, using cues but nothing helped. What's wrong with me?

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nothing wrong with you.

If your form is proper on them, shoulders are not rounded forward etc. and you bring arms all the way down, your lats get worked.

I do not feel them much in lats as well, if at all. But the day after they are sore as hell. So they do their job.

Don't worry.
    Finally back to track.
    Still cannot SQ/DL.

#Herniated LB disc crew

melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10) melpa64 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Agree with the above, if your form is good then don't worry too much if you don't feel them, most important is the mirror, are your lats growing? If so and they are sore you have nothing to worry about. I do chin ups and I don't think i have ever felt my lats but i know they are growing. The back is the hardest body part to get a mind muscle connection with imo, you will get there it just takes time!

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tommy W. has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As an example for say, pulldowns try it like this:

Pull down at the elbows and wrap your hands around the bar as much as possible instead of using your fingers to pull. Stay upright as much as possible and don't use so much weight that you're just yanking the weight down. Concentrate on the mind muscle connection....
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) supramax is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ItsAras View Post
    So, basically, I can feel my lats very great when I am doing dumbbell rows or Climbing rows, but when it comes to vertical exercises like chin ups, pull ups, lat pulldowns, I don't feel them a little. I am now like 7 months in the gym, tried a lot of things like Lowering weight, using cues but nothing helped. What's wrong with me?
    It's been my experience that if you want to feel what muscles were being impacted by an exercise, you needed to go to momentary muscular failure at the 20 or so rep range. The inverted row is a great example. Failing at 18-20 reps leaves no doubt in the mind as to what muscles were worked.
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.