archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Regaining Fitness

I am 38 and 5'10 A few months ago I started getting bad swelling in feet where shoes no longer fit and had a lot of symptoms pointing toward prediabetes. I have tried lifting before but never focused on the weight and healthy eating so I have tried to change that. I have been on this for about 10 weeks now and have had good success though much slower now than it was partially due to adding in lifting instead of just cardio (building some muscle instead of just losing weight) I have kept a log throughout but am going to start posting here as well. The bodyfat% are from a scale, not very accurate but am using it to track changes. I would say it is low by about 5% if I had to guess. I do measure myself daily but am not so concerned about it. Reporting weekly to better show trends

Jul 28 - 252.4 / 32.8%
    Aug 4 - 248.4 / 32.3%
    Aug 11 - No recording 3 week work trip
    Aug 18 - No recording 3 week work trip
    Aug 25 - No recording 3 week work trip
    Sep 1 - 244.4 / 31.7%
    Sep 8 - 239.6 / 30.8%
    Sep 15 - 236.4 / 29.8%
    Sep 22 - 234.2 / 29.5%
    Sep 29 - 233.6 / 29.2%
    Oct 6 - 230.6 / 28.8%
    Oct 13 - 229.8 / 28.5%

My first milestone was just recently hit. I had recorded my weight before and was 229.8 and 28.7% in Feb 2018 so got back down to my lowest weight since before then.
    My second milestone is 210.4, hitting the bf% of 23.3% will be hard but that was my lowest I was after a major surgery in Jan 2015
    Third milestone is 194 and 19% I was here in Dec 2011
    Final realistic coal is 189 and 15% bf which I hope is a sustainable weight. This is all per my scale so that also means my real bf% is likely somewhat higher

I am going to be doing dexa scans as well to be tracking my progress. I got my first done a month ago and will get one every 4 months

After that it won't be as much weight loss and more muscle building and fat loss

Biggest change is my diet. I used to eat mostly pizza and wings as well as 3-4 12 oz cokes a day. Currently I eat a cheat meal like that about once per week and may have 2-3 cokes a week. Other than that I only drink water. Rest of meals are home cooked lean protein, healthy fats and limited but wouldn't say "low" carb. More low refined sugars as I eat plenty of fruit.

In addition I go to gym 3-4x a week I was also walking outside for 1 hour / 3 miles until weather got cold and need to pick that up again since that seemed to trigger the fastest weight loss.
    I am doing viking barebones with moderately low weight. I am definitely not pushing myself most days though on occasion I do.

archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50) archaeous will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    One bad habit I see myself doing is I weigh myself multiple times a day. Now so far this has been ok as I have been having fairly consistent weight loss from day to day. I have a feeling this will start demotivating me as I get closer to goal weights and the changes come slower with daily fluctuations causing temporary increases. Adjusting my diet one day because the previous day I gained 1/4 a pound I know in my head is a terrible idea but it is easy to fall into that trap of micromanaging.

psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000) psychochillie is just really nice. (+1000)
    You've made great changes so far! Weighing daily will mess with your head so much. Weekly will show a good change and all the normal fluctuations become invisible.

Yeah I will try to break this habit, it doesn't help anything!

Update:
    Oct 20 - 228.6 / 28.0% - Down 1.2 lbs and 0.5% bf

Heavy weight workout week so weight loss wasn't ideal. Don't trust the bf numbers that much but heading in the right direction. It might be semi accurate for lower body bf% since that is how the scales work. My lower body has much lower bf% than upper.

RSP Nutrition Lead Rep jpfaherty's Avatar
    jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jpfaherty has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by archaeous View Post
    One bad habit I see myself doing is I weigh myself multiple times a day. Now so far this has been ok as I have been having fairly consistent weight loss from day to day. I have a feeling this will start demotivating me as I get closer to goal weights and the changes come slower with daily fluctuations causing temporary increases. Adjusting my diet one day because the previous day I gained 1/4 a pound I know in my head is a terrible idea but it is easy to fall into that trap of micromanaging.
    Absolutely no point in weighing in throughout the day. Weigh in each morning upon waking, after using the bathrooms. Weigh ins should be consistent if you want to be able to track data points accurately. Throughout a day of eating and drinking their are way to many variables and your weight will be all over the place. If you have any questions feel free to PM me! Always here to help.
    ★★★ RSP Nutrition Lead Representative ★★★

High Quality Supplements For All Your Goals

RSP Nutrition Store:
    https://www.bodybuilding.com/ store/rsp-nutrition.html

★★★ Live Inspired ★★★
    http://www.rspnutrition.com/

Update:
    Oct 27 - 225.6 / 27.6% - Down 3 lbs and 0.4% bf

Registered User marcosala794628's Avatar
    marcosala794628 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Good job!

Tomorrow I will update my log as well here.

Let's fight the FAT 2gether Bro'!

Didn't report in last week so this is a 2 week change

Nov 10 - 222.4 / 26.7% Down 3.2 pounds and 0.9% bf in 2 weeks.

Overall so far is 30 pounds and 6.1% bf in 15 weeks

Have not posted for awhile

November 17 - 222.4 / 26.3%
    November 24 - 219.8 / 26.2%
    December 1 - 218.6 / 25.9%

3.8 pounds and 0.8% bf in 3 weeks
    Overall so far is 33.8 pounds and 6.9% bf in 18 weeks

I am scheduled for a dexa scan on tuesday, the scan bf was MUCH higher than my scale but since I can't regularly go to dexa I use my scale to see progress even if the number itself doesn't mean much.

Since my last dexa I have lost 18 pounds and 4% bf according to scale, will be interesting to see how that translates