Registered User Holistic4Health's Avatar
    Holistic4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Nutrition plan for adrenal fatigue

I have pretty bad adrenal fatigue and I'm trying to create a nutrition plan to support my plan to win my health back and so far this is where I am as far as my macronutrients. At least 1800 calories per day, 60g+ of fat, 170g+ of carbs, and 70g+ of protein, all from clean, healthy foods, with the idea of exercising 5x a week (3 days of yoga/resistance/dumbbell training, 2 days of exercise biking/walking). For what it matters, I'm 23 and weigh 170 lbs. After 6-8 months of doing all that, I hope I'll be healthy enough to be able to start going to the gym and I'll increase my macros as necessary then.

Is this a good plan? Or does it need work and where?

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Adrenal fatigue is not a real thing.

1800 calories is probably the problem. That's relatively little if you are exercising consistently. Maybe bump it up to 2500 and see what happens.

Registered User Holistic4Health's Avatar
    Holistic4Health is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Heisman2 View Post
    Adrenal fatigue is not a real thing.

1800 calories is probably the problem. That's relatively little if you are exercising consistently. Maybe bump it up to 2500 and see what happens.
    I'm not eating anywhere near 1800 (or clean) at the moment nor am I exercising vigorously. The above was just what I planned to do. Plus I am on a certain budget.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Holistic4Health View Post
    I have pretty bad adrenal fatigue and I'm trying to create a nutrition plan to support my plan to win my health back and so far this is where I am as far as my macronutrients. At least 1800 calories per day, 60g+ of fat, 170g+ of carbs, and 70g+ of protein, all from clean, healthy foods, with the idea of exercising 5x a week (3 days of yoga/resistance/dumbbell training, 2 days of exercise biking/walking). For what it matters, I'm 23 and weigh 170 lbs. After 6-8 months of doing all that, I hope I'll be healthy enough to be able to start going to the gym and I'll increase my macros as necessary then.

Congrats on the good intentions. But there are a couple of problems with your plan.

1 first becoming healthy and then going to the gym makes no sense. Going to the gym is one of the most healthy things you can do. So start right away. As a beginner with more body fat you have the greatest potential to gain muscle and lose fat at the same time. I recommend Fierce 5 Novice program, 3x per week.

2. 70 gram protein isn't enough. Read the stickies on how to calculate your macros.

3. Eating clean is ok but it isn't really important. What matters is the macros, micros and fiber of your diet.

andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) andy0w has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd put in more protein.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Holistic4Health View Post

Until you change your macros there's a good chance that your fatigue will persist. You need more protein and more calories however if your goal is fatloss then there will be a certain amount of fatigue that goes with low calories. You need to post what your goals are.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB