Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Prescription extreme discussion

I will likely butcher this, but I'll try explain what I mean.

On one side, we have the mark rippetoe method which of course focuses on strength. He advocates avoidance of aerobic activities, and relies on progressive overload to increase strength as a be all and end all. Of course, he is a strength coach..

On the other end we have the crossfitters, with a focus on muscular endurance and aerobic capacity.

Can one have it all, and at which point does an extreme of one afffect the other? For example, can I have a 425 squat, and be in half marathon shape? Am I spinning my wheels trying?

I follow a guy named Cameron Hanes who is a mountain bowhunter. He lifts and runs every day. While I don't know his strength numbers, he packs out 100 lb loads in mountainous terrain with ease, and is an extremely competitive ultra marathon runner, and is known to run a marathon a day.

I eventually intend to increase my aerobic capacity, and become a better all around performer. As of now I am not doing anything but lifting, to increase strength first, and hopefully hold strength levels when I eventually diversify training. I need to be strong and have endurance for the activities I do which are varied...I might be towing a 200 lb toboggan 150 miles several times a winter, chiseling through twenty feet of ice a day beaver trapping, kayaking trips, and just about anything else. I like to go pretty hard at the stuff I like doing and want to be in good shape doing it.

At which point is strength vs endurance and training for each a sort of diminishing returns kind of scenario?

OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Clearly you need to add this to your reading list

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barb.../dp/B0143HDCWS
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Back on the diet :(

Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hutrapper is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Clearly you need to add this to your reading list

https://www.amazon.com/Tactical-Barb.../dp/B0143HDCWS
    Always interested in more knowledge on the subject.

Order placed.

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Having a 425 squat and running a half marathon is something the average adult male can achieve with a year or two of training. Having a competive squat (north of 700) and a competitive half marathon time (south of 80 minuts) is something entirely else.

Take Steve Shaw for example, check outhis Massive Iron youtube channel. He is jacked, strong as ****, and is training to run an ultra trail But he is not competitive as a BBer, PLer, or runner. Still impressive as hell.

You just need smart programming. Dont have your LSD the day after leg day. It isnt rocket science.

I am certainly not looking to be incredible at everything, and am currently squatting 280 after being on fierce 5 since about February. As for why I chose f5 as opposed to starting strength, looking good also doesn't hurt, and having more bodybuilding elements in the program in my mind made good sense.

Again, I don't want to be an ultramarathon guy, or a powerlfter, or a bodybuilder. But my ideal me has elements of everything.

Am I correct to think that it is better to focus on strength first, as opposed to trying to do everything all at once?

Thanks for the replies so far. Will rep when I get off mobile

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Hutrapper View Post
    I am certainly not looking to be incredible at everything, and am currently squatting 280 after being on fierce 5 since about February. As for why I chose f5 as opposed to starting strength, looking good also doesn't hurt, and having more bodybuilding elements in the program in my mind made good sense.

Again, I don't want to be an ultramarathon guy, or a powerlfter, or a bodybuilder. But my ideal me has elements of everything.

Am I correct to think that it is better to focus on strength first, as opposed to trying to do everything all at once?

Thanks for the replies so far. Will rep when I get off mobile
    You can run and lift weights and get better at both. reference rugby players, operators, football players, lacrosse players, etc etc. Building an aerobic foundation takes time as well.

Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heisman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It largely depends on how much time you have to train as well. If you have a family and full time job it's going to be potentially difficult to be able to devote enough training time to become good at various tasks. You're not going to become a good distance runner unless you put in the time to do so. You're not going to become strong unless you put in the time to do so.

If you have the time though you can definitely become good at various feats. If you start doing daily cardio and build up slowly it will not impact your other training much.